Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #126
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
If you can't make it out to Phoenix for Camaro5Fest II

Here's a fun alternative:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120248
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #127
CamaroRS/SS10

Drives: 10 Camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
If anyone in the Nashville area is interested in joining, we're in the process of starting up a 5th Gen Camaro Club for this area.

We're going to be a chapter of a Tennessee wide club, with intentions of having a large meet at least annually.

Anyone interested please send me a PM so I can add you to our social group.
I would love to know how to join. Please send me some info. I live in the Boro and would to get something started in the area. Dave
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro #63 SS 6-Speed. All stock and keeping it that way.

2014 Z/28 #119 A/C car(not by choice, ordered wrong) All stock and plan to keep it that way. The kid in me wants to mod the Hell out of it but the adult says it will be worth more years down the road. The 2 of them need to stop fighting!
CamaroRS/SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #128
TNcamaro22

Drives: 2011 camaro ls
also very interested and joining on this club, currently located in Clarksville, but from the Boro.. so very familiar with middle TN
TNcamaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #129
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
The social group is no longer private, so anyone should be able to sign up for it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=148

If you can't, please let me know via PM and I'll get it fixed.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #130
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
Local Tracks

I`m located in Clarksville. I`m wondering if any of you visit any of the drag stripes around the nashville/Kentucky area? I would like to run my ole heap on the 1/4 mile if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks
UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #131
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hi Unrivaled SS. Did you join the Music City Camaro club yet? Black Beauty & myself will be posting soon proposed outings/events on the club page (on C5). Sometimes we join up with Central Ky club for events & some of us are in both clubs. Bowling Green has facilities & we might try to plan something there. Just PM me or Black Beauty if you have any questions. Or for Ky stuff PM Turleylox. Hope to see ya at some event soon.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #132
UNRIVALED SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
Keep us posted

I`ll be watching for upcoming events. I hope I can make one sometime.

UNRIVALED SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #133
Whiskey2Go
"Hook'em"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Say'n Hello

I'm new to this forum stuff so I have a learning curve. Been lurking the camaro5 forums for some time to get info and finally decided to sign up. I live in the Antioch area near the Lavergne line out by Percy Priest. I noticed there are no post in this regional forum for a few months so hope it is still open.

If there is an organized club or whatever in Nashville I am interested. Just ordered first 2 mods, CAI intake and Kooks Street Sleeper catback. Can't wait to install.

Black SS/RS orange and black interior. if you see me roll'n give a nod.... enjoy your toys!

Last edited by Whiskey2Go; 06-09-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Whiskey2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #134
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Hi guys! I'm Jan (aka Ruby). I am the events planner for Music City Camaro Club (& Central Kentucky Camaro Club). I sent you private messages. To join the club all anyone needs to to is click on your username beside "welcome" at the top of the page. Scroll down & click on "join social groups". Find Music City Camaro club & join. Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you want to recieve club info & updates. E-mail addresses will not be shared with anyone without your permission. Welcome anyone. The next event is this weekend in Ashland City. Look at threads on the club site for details. Everyone is welcome to join. Hope to see you soon!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #135
Whiskey2Go
"Hook'em"

Hello Music City Camaro folks

Ok, so I finally installed the first mod (an easy one). The Cold Air Induction CAI only took about 30 minutes to install! Didn't even get through a full beer. It looks good and REALLY wakes up the growl up front. Should have the Catback installed in a few days. Gottta travel to Miami for few days first.

Ruby,
I appreciate the help getting settled on the forums. I will look through the club infor ASAP after I get back from Fla.

My next task is to figure out how to make one of those cool signature banners. The directions thread is sorta difficult but oh well.

Catch ya later folks,
Whiskey
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #136
Whiskey2Go
"Hook'em"

Kooks 2 1/2" Street Sleeper Catback installed

After installing the CAI yesterday, I could not wait till next wek to get the Kooks Catback installed. I went down to 1st Chance Tire/muffler in LaVergne first thing this morning. I can't say enough good things about this family operated shop. They are top notch. I was in and out with great service in an hour and a half.

Morticia (yes the car) now has an attitude! Low rumble at idle, enough exhaust baritone note to enjoy at normal driving without distracting from radio or conversation.....but when I get in the throttle....what a world of change. Fantastic sound and instant difference in the throttle response.

Take off traction control, leave Stabilitrak on and it is pure fun in the seat of the pants!

Edit: Pics are immediate after install so you can still see where the bubble wrap was on the muffler. That will not be there long.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #137
Tysen

Very nice setup.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #138
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Very nice. I look foward to seeing it in person. Safe travels & hope to see ya soon.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #139
Annika

Drives: '11 RJT 1LT/RS
Hello, everyone!
I've just joined Camaro5 and also (I think & hope) the Music City Camaro Club. I'm so excited. I bought my 'Maro in January and am so in love with it!
Anyhow, I've seen that there are several 5th Gen Camaro owners in my area (like, just down the street) and was curious to know if they are also posting here. I'd also love to take part in a meet-up and learn as much as I can about mods, general car care, etc. When and how often does this club meet?
Annika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #140
Tysen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annika View Post
Hello, everyone!
I've just joined Camaro5 and also (I think & hope) the Music City Camaro Club. I'm so excited. I bought my 'Maro in January and am so in love with it!
Anyhow, I've seen that there are several 5th Gen Camaro owners in my area (like, just down the street) and was curious to know if they are also posting here. I'd also love to take part in a meet-up and learn as much as I can about mods, general car care, etc. When and how often does this club meet?
Welcome to the site and the club. I know that you're new, so I'll give you a heads up. Don't say "Maro" on these forums, lol. Touchy subject.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #141
Annika

Thanks!
Hmmm, that must be naughty word or something. Thank you for the warning. Any other advice that would keep me from getting a future bashing? LOL
Is anything going on this weekend or anyone meeting up?
Annika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #142
J DuBB
2010 Camaro 2LT / RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I've been looking for sometime for a camaro club locally and just stumbled upon this thread.. thanks to google.
I'm from the boro here in TN and right beside the Avenue (biggest outdoor mall in TN). They host a variety of car shows and drive events for people to show their cars off every Fri. night until the 1st of Sept. of course there are other car shows throughout the state as well, but this is one I attend regularly because it is local. Anyone interested in meeting up one Saturday for a cruise out on the winding country roads just south of the boro please let me know, and we can try to set something up. Also if we have enough people in this club willing to go to the Nashville super speedway they will open the doors to us.
I'm excited about being able to cruise with other 5th gen camaros as I very rarely ever see one driving down the road. And I don't know about anyone else, but i'm sick of all the GT mustangs that think they are fast, and then turn around and get beat by a V6 Camaro.
J DuBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #143
Whiskey2Go
"Hook'em"

OK, I have toyed for some time with adding any color to my otherwise solid gloss black but I when used to sit around and "wish" I had a Gen5 my mind always pictured rally stripes........ So tomorow the UPS man ( my friend lately) will be delivering a nice order from Big Worm Graphics. Morticia will get some highlights to her sexy black shape.. LOL. Will install most of it myself but will have to schedule an install for the rally stripes. Too difficult for driveway DIY. Can't wait, will post pics when done. The "Camaro" overlays are an experiment. If I don't dig it after a while I will take it off.

List of goodies
rally stripes - hugger Orange, SS lettering $229.95

gills style2 - Hugger Orange $29.95

Smoked light covers Complete Kit (no headlights) - Charcoal (30% - darkest), with Optic Blue fog lights $74.95

Bowtie Emblems - Hugger orange $24.95

Bowtie wheel centers - Hugger Orange $11.95

camaro lettering overlay - Hugger Orange $11.95
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Total $383.70
CouponDiscount (Camaro5) ($37.20)
Shipping (standard shipping) $11.95
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Total $358.45
Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #144
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Hi everyone! Just wanted to post up the final plans for this weekend's Cruise up to the Somernights Camaro & Firebirds event :
Okay gang, it is getting close! Several folks still have not conformed whether or not they are going. By going through all threads on the subject & the e-mails I have recieved, I count between 9 & 14 Camaros & 13-20 people who have at some point indicated they were going. I really need to know: 1) who still plans to go; 2) how many people/cars; 3) if you plan to meet & cruise up with a group (& if so where) or drive independently; 4) if you plan to have lunch at Ruby Tuesday in Somerset with us &/or meet there just to cruise into the show together (the only way to park with the club group); and a cell/onstar ph# so we can contact you if there is a delay/problem. One group will meet at 7:00 AM at the Goodlettsville, TN K-Mart parking lot & another will meet in Bowling Green, KY at the Corvette Museum at 9:00. I talked to the Manager of Ruby Tuesday & they are reserving a room for us with big windows looking right at the parking places they will also reserve for us. They will do everything they can to keep us on schedule & get us out by 1:00 (Somerset time). We can call in our orders ahead of time if we want to. My daughter will try to bring me by some little menu folders so I will have those. They will bring our checks with our orders so we can leave whenever we are ready. I checked with my hotel & they said we can call to see if we can check in early (before Ruby Tuesday's) or call & let them know we will be late check-in's & rooms will be held (that was my hubby's worry). Probably most hotels are similar. You might want to have the hotel ph# with you. I hope we really have a good turn out!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #145
J DuBB
2010 Camaro 2LT / RS

Post pictures when you guys get a chance, Wish i could have attended..
Old 06-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #146
Whiskey2Go
"Hook'em"

Devil made me do it.

Just could not resist taking this picture as a mustang was trying to pester me by creeping up and laying back,, rinse,, repeat.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #147
Whiskey2Go
"Hook'em"

New look for Morticia

I'm sorry I missed the cruise event last Saturday, but I had a mid afternoon commitment to get rally stripes and window tint put on the car. I think it was a couple of hours well spent. I installed all the light tints and vinyl myself except for the rallies.

What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #148
J DuBB
2010 Camaro 2LT / RS

Looks great.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #149
Annika