Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Driver's window switch does not respond at times

When I turn on my car, I usually roll down both windows automatically. I've noticed that the driver's side will not usually respond for a few seconds after turning the key on engine off, or after a few seconds with the engine running. After about 5 seconds it will work fine with no problems, but the passenger side does not have this problem.
When you turn on the car in the Camaro, the radio turns off. Sometimes the radio/sound only shuts off for a split second, other times it takes about 5 seconds like the window switch. I'm thinking it's related because of something through communications involving the BCM and radio... Anyone else experience this?
When the radio is only off for a split second, the window will respond immediately the way it should.
Might have to do with temperature, too, but I'm not sure as it seemed to happen all winter and summer regardless of whether I was starting it in the morning or in the afternoon for a second drive once it was already warmed up
Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #2
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

BUMP... just trying to figure out if others have this
Old 08-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
DjSker

Drives: 2013 Convertible 2SS RS Manual
I have noticed the same thing with my driver's side window. Some type of delay possibly. The passenger side works immediately, driver's side doesn't react. I have not noticed anything weird about the radio though.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
ytown87

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3 M6
same here

Owner: B-Dipped Tampa automotive PlastiDip installer/Auto detailer
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
I had that problem, I brought it into GM and they fixed it. Not sure what that was, but it was consistent.

However i still have another window issue, It seems the glass isnt aligned properly and is scraping the inside as it rises and descends.
Cyber Grey 2LT, RS. Car was bought this way: Painted Black 20" rims, Red Calipers, Flowmaster AxelBack Exhaust, everything DEBADGED! Bowties painted black bass speakers from Chrysler, Defenderworx Chrome Pistol Grip Shifter, underglow LED's installed not functional,Rally Stripes.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:46 AM   #6
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBC View Post
I had that problem, I brought it into GM and they fixed it. Not sure what that was, but it was consistent.

However i still have another window issue, It seems the glass isnt aligned properly and is scraping the inside as it rises and descends.
That just sounds like the regulator is out of adjustment
If it's just a reprogramming I wonder what else will change... Anyone else experiencing this as well or gotten it fixed?