Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #29
LP0425
Blue Growler
 
LP0425's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAMSS View Post
how many miles on your odometer?
Just rolled 2900 this weekend
LP0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #30
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
glad mine was changed when they did the cam swap
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #31
GMRULZ

 
GMRULZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 1,823
So do we have a Vin range, guys with the oldest vin failure to the guys w/ the newest vin failures?
__________________
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #32
LP0425
Blue Growler
 
LP0425's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
So do we have a Vin range, guys with the oldest vin failure to the guys w/ the newest vin failures?
I don't think it's VIN related, but I too have a build date in Dec 2009. But if all the models trigger the same way-you'll know when it happens. Message goes off, can't make it go away, chimes going off like crazy, and if you know how your car sounds, you'll hear the ticking noise
LP0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #33
SSLarry

 
Drives: 2SS LS3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Florida
Posts: 1,308
Would this type of thing be covered by the 5 year/100,000 mi power train warranty, or just the 3 year / 36,000 mi bumper to bumper? I assume its the power train, but I'd like to be sure.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #34
POWERFREAK
I.AM.
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
Would this type of thing be covered by the 5 year/100,000 mi power train warranty, or just the 3 year / 36,000 mi bumper to bumper? I assume its the power train, but I'd like to be sure.
5/100,000 without a doubt.
__________________
2010 R6P-2SS/RS/LS3 - IBM w/ silver rally stripes, FOR SALE!

NY5thgen.com
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #35
LP0425
Blue Growler
 
LP0425's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 22
New oil pump on it's way... crap
LP0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #36
1CAMSS
 
1CAMSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS CAMARO/GBA/M6- sold.
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 290
i have about 14,000 miles on my car. Nothing yet in the DIC. I wonder if this happens to all the 2010 Camaro's built in dec 2009?
__________________

1SS @ home. 12/14/2009
1CAMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #37
POWERFREAK
I.AM.
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAMSS View Post
i have about 14,000 miles on my car. Nothing yet in the DIC. I wonder if this happens to all the 2010 Camaro's built in dec 2009?
no, if your car is fine, don't worry about it.
__________________
2010 R6P-2SS/RS/LS3 - IBM w/ silver rally stripes, FOR SALE!

NY5thgen.com
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #38
Cruz-lo
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: N KY
Posts: 119
Well last night go to start car.... Zero oil pressure.

Towed home. I guess I will see what happened this week end. Hope its just the pump!!
Cruz-lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
LP0425
Blue Growler
 
LP0425's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz-lo View Post
Well last night go to start car.... Zero oil pressure.

Towed home. I guess I will see what happened this week end. Hope its just the pump!!

Trust me, I know that heart sinking feeling. Mine has been gone all week; on my way to pick it up & run it with a tech, make sure all the noises are gone.

Did you hear the ticking noise too? When was yours built?
LP0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #40
Cruz-lo
 
Drives: 2010 2ss RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: N KY
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP0425 View Post
Trust me, I know that heart sinking feeling. Mine has been gone all week; on my way to pick it up & run it with a tech, make sure all the noises are gone.

Did you hear the ticking noise too? When was yours built?
Lots of noise from the valvetrain. Rattle Rattle. But I have the pump off now. I can see the pressure relief valve was jammed. Tight to move had to really pry it out. Only thing is it was jammed in the pressure position when I checked it. But it was none the less stuck.

Motor holds pressure when I put air to the oil inlet of the block. So must be the pump.

I will upgrade to a Melling std volume hogh pressure pump. Just have to find a dealer that has one.
Cruz-lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #41
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,752
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
I don't think the dealer will do anything until theres a problem.
This issue should definitely be one where you bring it in and get it fixed. Why risk your engine overheating causing major damage..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #42
LP0425
Blue Growler
 
LP0425's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz-lo View Post
Lots of noise from the valvetrain. Rattle Rattle. But I have the pump off now. I can see the pressure relief valve was jammed. Tight to move had to really pry it out. Only thing is it was jammed in the pressure position when I checked it. But it was none the less stuck.

Motor holds pressure when I put air to the oil inlet of the block. So must be the pump.

I will upgrade to a Melling std volume hogh pressure pump. Just have to find a dealer that has one.
Dude.. why are you doing it and not the dealer? It's a warranty item, fully covered defective part. We asked about the Melling pump and Chevy said it will 100% void the mfg warranty if you swap it out. Just sayin'...
LP0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best synthetic oil to use hollywoodjose Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 130 01-26-2014 08:51 AM
Stock Injectors vs Magnuson Kit Injectors Mark-HD Forced Induction - V8 24 01-27-2010 08:04 PM
BP Makes "Giant" Oil Find in Gulf of Mexico KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 09-02-2009 07:39 PM
How about a barrel of oil for around $16? Blownhotrodder General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 19 03-06-2009 07:25 PM
Major U.S. oil source is tapped KILLER74Z28 Off-topic Discussions 32 10-30-2007 09:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.