Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
basscave

Drives: shelby
Send a message via MSN to basscave Send a message via Yahoo to basscave
Can I import 2009 camaro to Dubai?

I'm from Dubai, I'm planning to visit the states specially to buy the new 2009 camaro!!!
as you can see that i'm so much in love with this car!!
I wanted to know If I buy the car from a local dealer in the states, Can I ship it to Dubai?
I'm not a US citizen, does is matter?
I need more information about that please
basscave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Good questions Basscave. . . My guess is you could hire an indepentend shipper but I'm not sure what the laws are in Dubai about importing cars. . . You might have to pay some sort of import tax. I would check with your local laws first, then find a dealer and drop them an email.

good luck
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2009 Silverado and 2007 Cobalt SS
I don't see why wouldn't be able to.

I don't know if you know anything about sandrails, but my wife's parents had theirs stolen and they believe it was shipped to Dubai. Could you let me know if you have seen this buggy?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
lol

i think dubai is big enough that he probably hasnt seen it.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2009 Silverado and 2007 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
lol

i think dubai is big enough that he probably hasnt seen it.
I know, but we are posting it where ever we can. Even if it is over there, they know they are not going to get it back, but they would like to know what happened to it.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscave View Post
I'm from Dubai, I'm planning to visit the states specially to buy the new 2009 camaro!!!
as you can see that i'm so much in love with this car!!
I wanted to know If I buy the car from a local dealer in the states, Can I ship it to Dubai?
I'm not a US citizen, does is matter?
I need more information about that please
I don't think if you were to come here or send the money to a dealer that you would have no problem making the purchase. The problem is getting it shipped to Dubai. How did you get the Shelby?

I might suggest looking on the web for the Federal Trade Commission website and maybe searching for what you need to know. My guess is you can do this but almost certainly would pay an export tax here and then pay an import tas there. Aren't there any car importers there that can help? I could be way off here but maybe even talk to the US Embassy there, maybe they can help. Good luck and welcome to the site. You can have a lot of fun and learn a lot here.:flag2:
Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
basscave

Drives: shelby
Send a message via MSN to basscave Send a message via Yahoo to basscave
well,

I'm ready to pay tax in the states also in dubai, BUT I heard the GM don't allow to ship brand new cars outside the US. unless it's a used car!!!
I don't wanna buy it here, cuz it will be way expensive than the originila price in the states, almsot up to 50k !!!! and also i'll have to wait till late summer to buy it here from the local GM dealer!!! so why should i wait that long and why should i pay that much since i get get it from the states faster and cheeper!!!
basscave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
PREDATOR

Drives: Which One?
You shouldn't have a problem. Heck you guys are always importing a bunch of exotic cars. That would be cool to see a Camaro in Dibai.

Anyways, I'm in the middle east myself (for the moment) I will be back stateside in January. I'd be willing to help if you can wait that long.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
After you buy it and drive it a couple days it's used isn't it? Buy it, sell it to me, I sell it back. Then you are third owner.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #10
_GTO_

Drives: holden commodore
I don't think that you well face major problems .

I'm from Saudiarabia and it has almost the ''same conditions & terms '' in UAE for imported cars , but the problem which I'm concerned about is the insurance because I heard that in the US ,when you want to purchase a new car you must insure it and you don't need to insure cuz you are taking it outside the country , and for taxes it's very cheap .
_GTO_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Dealers in the US cannot sell outside the country
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow you never really notice how big this site is until cool threads like this emerge, i love this site . I hope you get your Camaro Basscave, GoodLuck and send photos when you do get your hands on one so i can use this emoticon --->
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
they can not sell outside the country, but can some one come into the country, buy and then take out is his question.
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #14
mygulf

Drives: none
Quote:
I don't see why wouldn't be able to.

I don't know if you know anything about sandrails, but my wife's parents had theirs stolen and they believe it was shipped to Dubai. Could you let me know if you have seen this buggy?

Thanks this is really great info man.. I liked it so much. I mean what a beauty man..

regards,
Vaibhav
Old 11-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #15
nardox

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
they can not sell outside the country, but can some one come into the country, buy and then take out is his question.
I'm 100% sure you can. While the dealers are not allowed to export cars themselves, I'm sure once the car is purchased by someone they can export it. I know there are some Camaros and Vetts in China.

Importing cars into other countries are probably the harder part, since different countries have different regulations and tax rates.

But as long as the OP can find a trustworthy person or broker, and pay for the car, it should be relatively easy.
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 AM   #16
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
I don't want to state the obvious, but there is no such thing as a 2009 Camaro. Don't let anyone scam you. Generation 5 models are only 2010 and 2011.

As a foreign citizen, you can buy a Camaro and export it. It happens all of the time. If you go to the Manheim auction in Pa, you will find a lot of Russians doing this very thing...........well not so much anymore because of changes in the Russian tax code, but they are still there.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Since this is still being talked about, I'll throw my $.02 in. If you buy a new vehicle in the US, it must be titled in the US before allowed to be exported by an individual. In fact, every one of my customers acknowledges on their buyer's order that they will not export the vehicle. As well, we try to title every vehicle we can. All the vehicles that get bought at auction and exported are pre-owned vehicles.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I am thinking that GM and US exports is protecting the Dealerships in Dubai. It might be cheaper to buy through a GM dealer when they become available. The taxes and duty along a premium on the Camaro + a availabity high dollar fee. Many buyers here paid a higher price than list. I think your country has a auto safety standard of the Europeans with different color running and brake lights + other safety issues that must be changed on any imported vehicle.

Try contacting the Consulate of the United States, Consul General Justin Siberell's office might be able to direct you if it is possible to export a Camaro to Dubai. Basscave, I think you would be looking for a 2010 (the first year production) or 2011 Camaro.

Here are some people that claim to import to your country:

http://www.gmdu.net/tags-brand-new-cars-p1.html

Good luck, just my .02 cents worth!

Last edited by Hoss; 11-15-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #19
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Oops, ancient thread.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote