Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
dslimbizkit

Drives: 4 cars and an SS coming
help me if you can .. x pipe ..I'm lost! (L99)

I've been reading and searching / youtubing and finally I really just had to ask ... sorry if its been gone over but I just didn't find my answer ..

for my wife's L99 I bought her the Magnaflow Comp. series axle backs and was wanting to get her a magnaflow 12" tru- X pipe ..

my questions are .. the factory resonators stay in or this replaces it?

do I get resonated or non resonated (I'M suggesting to her we have the AFM turned off with tune) so with that in mind what the hell am I looking for??

part number and best place to buy it

appreciate any help ...Thanks!
dslimbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
it replaces the resonator but the resonator is longer than the magnaflow xpipe so extra pipe will have to be welded in, i have the borla xpipe im selling it goes from the cats to the rear axles but you will need a few inches of your stock pipe to connect it to your new axle back exhaust its slightly used in perfect condition i now have arh headers and dont need it , borla 304 stainless xpipe cost 600 new i want 400 for the xpipe, mid pipes and all the clamps if you want it pm me heres a pic;
Attached Images

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Snake Slayer

Drives: Awaiting 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslimbizkit View Post
I've been reading and searching / youtubing and finally I really just had to ask ... sorry if its been gone over but I just didn't find my answer ..

for my wife's L99 I bought her the Magnaflow Comp. series axle backs and was wanting to get her a magnaflow 12" tru- X pipe ..

my questions are .. the factory resonators stay in or this replaces it?

do I get resonated or non resonated (I'M suggesting to her we have the AFM turned off with tune) so with that in mind what the hell am I looking for??

part number and best place to buy it

appreciate any help ...Thanks!
I would suggest you go with the resonated X-pipe. With the tru x you might still have cabin drone with the A6 even with AFM deleted. I have the comp series cat and I have no drone. Keep in mind that at 80mph you will be cruising at 2000 RPM which is the sweet spot for drone!
Snake Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Bowtie Junkman

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The Eddelbrock x-pipe comes as the exact length needed to replace the factory resonator ... but it is a straight-thru design ...
I'm installing one on my A6 this afternoon along with GMPP off-road system ... and my AFM is already disabled ....
Bowtie Junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
x2 on the resonated x-pipe. There will definately be drone if you were to just go with the Tru-X pipe. I have a similar set-up to the one below:

and I get almost zero drone!

I'll try to find you the part number for the resonated x-pipe in a few minutes...

EDIT: Part# 14385 is the resonated x-pipe from Magnaflow:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=14385
Old 03-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
agkelly73

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I had the same questions you do and I also have an A6. A couple of friends of mine helped me out though. They advised that if I was not going to get the car tuned, go with the Magnaflow X pipe (#11386) to replace the stock resonator on the A6. However, just as it was previously mentioned, pipe would have to be added as it is not long enough to make up the difference. They said if I was going to get it tuned and eliminated AFM (DOD) then I should look at something like the Edelbrock X pipe (found here). This has plenty of length and is designed to replace the long stock resonator system. My friend did something similar to the Edelbrock and left AFM on and said that it drove him nuts. He had to pull over and use his hand held tuner and tune it out on the spot. I have yet to do this as I am out of the country at the moment but intend to use the Edelbrock and tune out AFM. Also you may want to check out this thread from Caverman. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64964 Hope this helps.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
dslimbizkit

Drives: 4 cars and an SS coming
awesome ... thanks for the help everyone
dslimbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote