Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 04-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
whats CB? (catback?)
DT shorties and CB if I understand the first post correctly.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #77
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPANKT U View Post
This car was built in June
Mine to. Good to know the program is a go.

Thanks and congrats on the beast!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #78
stealth camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to stealth camaro
When I get some cash together are you going to build mine Jeff ??????? Chris with the pizza place

Last edited by stealth camaro; 04-25-2010 at 06:01 PM.
stealth camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #79
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Wasnt it supposed to be a secret?

I just gott back last night from running to Wyoming to pick up a customers car.. WHY I OFFER THAT IS BEYOND ME..

I will be figuring out the build timeline, and seeing if I can juggle the cars to get it in, and done. I've gottta go to Socal on either tues or wed to drop off Steves car, so we'll do the best we can, but we just gotta make sure we can move the builds around without bumping other paid customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth camaro View Post
When are you going to build mine Jeff ??????? Chris with the pizza place
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #80
Total_Perf_Eng

Yeah, they are Doug Thorley shorties, and Doug Thorley catback, with full cats...

But shorties, historically dont really make any extra power on boosted LS cars over stock manifolds, and those cat backs are about as quite as they come. I would love to know if they actually make any extra power on stock cars..

People would be amazed at how well the stock manifolds actually flow. GM just has an uncanny way to cork them back up with pre-cats, cats, resinators, AND mufflers. What in the world were they thinking by adding not 1, but 4 restrictions on each side.... Those stock mufflers are the size of a 5 gallon drum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
DT shorties and CB if I understand the first post correctly.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #81
Total_Perf_Eng

084 is the firmware you want. Any other one, and its wrong..

Also, this is a VERY important mental note.. The GM VIS system is WRONG. So far, 100% of every car that has beeen checked on GM's VIS system, has been inaccurate. We had a shop call GM customer service, AND 2 seperate dealerships. All 3 of them told the shop they had the latest firmware. They attempted to load the program, and it baked the PCM. Come to find out, GM's system is inaccurate. They only way to be sure, is to have your local dealer check it. Also, if you have a shop in your area that has HP tuners, they can scan the car real quick, and tell you what OS you have.

But as I stated previously, 100% of all KB programmers now have a failsafe built in. It does not load, or even attempt to load, until the programmer has pulled AND CHECKED your current OS. If you do not have the current OS, and your kit is already installed, we DO have a way to load your tune on your current OS. You just need to call and have the new programmer sent out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
jeff, i did go to gm and they checked os, i did not have latest firmware . old firmware deleted and new firmware installed-12637084- 1-power launch calibration , 2-calib generic scan tool, 3 diagnostic calib, 4-proper speed ,onstar, 4-new software , 5-compressor protection...this is what latest update pertained to..my buddy did it and gave me all print outs and showed me all changes made..i,m ready. thanks again
Old 04-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #82
stealth camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to stealth camaro
don't eat lunch I'm going to bring lunch for you guys about 1130 Tom to show my appreciation

Last edited by stealth camaro; 04-25-2010 at 06:00 PM.
stealth camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #83
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
In time...

LOVE the numbers.

I wonder what I could get on my LS3 w/ Stainless LT's and 2" primaries.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #84
Total_Perf_Eng

THANK YOU for the Lunch today!!

For you Vegas boys, You gotta try Rocco's Pizza.. Its argueably the best Pizza in town. I also helps that a Camaro5.com member owns the joint..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth camaro View Post
don't eat lunch I'm going to bring lunch for you guys about 1130 Tom to show my appreciation
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #85
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Thumbs up My Visit to TPE

SPANKT U, first let me say I hate you.

Man that is a BEAUTIFUL SC you got there!!! I hijacked Jeff for almost 2 hours after his shop was supposed to be closed talking about what I'm doing to my car now, and it is ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

I had to come to Vegas for work and had to sneak in to check out the shop and of course see your ride. CONGRATS!!! The pictures of this kit, by no means do it justice. You have to see this thing first hand to really appreciate exactally what is bolted to the top of your engine.

Jeff,

Thanks for staying so late going over everything with me. That was very very cool!

I don't think I have ever been to a shop 30 minutes before closing and been given that kind of treatment. You are one hell of a class act!

I rolled into the shop at 5:30pm and out well after 7:30pm. Jeff went over all my concerns, ideas, questions and even took the time to show me the different parts and options so I could see exactally what to expect. That was great!

If anyone wants to take their Camaro, or anyother car for that matter, to a top notch operation, I can't think of anyone better then Jeff's shop TPE. What a shop! Nothing but Corvettes and Camaro's (and a Saturn, but I'll let that one slide ) and all either built or in the process of being HP MONSTERS!!!

Where else can you take your car to get all you can get out of it and squeeze in a game of pool, darts, Rock Band etc in the comfort of the shops game room? Seriously, nice touch! When he said he was right by the track, you can literally hit it with a rock, without throwing your arm out.

Anytime you can show up to a shop in a KIA Spectra (RENTAL) and get that kind of attention from the owner well after quitting time, you know your dealing with someone who takes care of the cars that he is working on. Very much a business that strives for customer satisfaction and will go way above and beyond to see that every customer is completely satisfied.

Just as soon as I can get the wife to let me play with the big boy toys, my baby will be in Jeff's hands. Soon, very soon........ whaaaa haaaa haaa.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 AM   #86
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Based on what I learned tonight, and seen first hand from this shop, A LOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
In time...

LOVE the numbers.

I wonder what I could get on my LS3 w/ Stainless LT's and 2" primaries.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:35 AM   #87
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Oh...I believe it....

Is it normal to go to bed dreaming about blowers???

I think I'm going nuts...
Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #88
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Is it normal to go to bed dreaming about blowers???

I think I'm going nuts...
Your not alone.

I keep seeing that black and polished beauty and my bank acount going

But if I did it right now I would need your assistance, my wife would kill me!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #89
SinisterSS

Drives: 2010 Inferno orange camaro SS
Its a sickness!! I have had it for many-a-year now! Thinking of go fast goodies during the day and night. My wife thinks its insane!
SinisterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:06 AM   #90
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Your not alone.

I keep seeing that black and polished beauty and my bank acount going

But if I did it right now I would need your assistance, my wife would kill me!
Start by taking all the sharp objects out of the house. Plan on staying out of the house for at leassssst a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSS View Post
Its a sickness!! I have had it for many-a-year now! Thinking of go fast goodies during the day and night. My wife thinks its insane!
That's because we ARE insane.

You can tell her, SHE IS RIGHT!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #91
Total_Perf_Eng

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for those kind words...

I'd love to say you were special, and I did it all for you, but I do it for all my Camaro customers... But you are special.... You came ALLLL the way out to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway just to see us. THANK YOU for that. I would have spent more time, had I not had to pick up my kid.

Also, thank you for the compliments on our shop. As you can see, we strive to set ourselves apart from other shops. We've seen shops where junk is literally piled on top of cars. We chose to go the more Botique style. This way, when were putting go fast parts on your car, you can be playing a game of pool, while cranking the tunes on the stereo..
But mainly, its because you trust us with a 50 thousand dollar car, then give us 1000's of dollars. We want you to know for certainty that were not some fly by night, hack shop, that "Claims" to do good work, then destroys your baby.. We make it so that you can comfortably sit all day at our shop, and watch us.

BTW, SHHHHHHHH, dont tell Steve about me giving you a little pucker factor drive in his car. I swear, we didnt get out of 3rd gear..... I went ahead and cleaned the seat after you had the accident. I wont tell anyone about the wet undies.. HAHA.

Feel free to stop by ANY TIME. You (and all Camaro5 members) are always welcome. Even if you just wanna come by and watch a movie in our man cave..

Jeff, TPE
Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #92
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
BTW, SHHHHHHHH, dont tell Steve about me giving you a little pucker factor drive in his car. I swear, we didnt get out of 3rd gear..... I went ahead and cleaned the seat after you had the accident. I wont tell anyone about the wet undies.. HAHA.

Dang Jeff, you said you wouldn't bring that up again.

Steve,
Be carefull with that beast you got back last night! Anytime you make it south to the Riverside area, let me know. Jeff was a sissy and didn't want to go too fast.

Jeff@TPE