Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
lpdrennan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 14
Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown NJ (don't buy from there)

I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6ís and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasnít even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I donít know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didnít have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they wonít let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really donít need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesnít understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly ďyouíve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.Ē Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I canít say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didnít even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.
lpdrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
SirBrad
The Captain
 
SirBrad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1,501
That's the first place I went to test drive the Camaro. Last May. They had a Red 1LT on the lot, and when I first sat down with the salesman, the first price he sketched up was "$675 a month for 5 years" and this was with me saying I had about $2 grand to put down.

He was a real moron, no doubt.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Hopper
Chevy Lifer
 
Hopper's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdrennan View Post
I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6ís and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasnít even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I donít know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didnít have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they wonít let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really donít need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesnít understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly ďyouíve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.Ē Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I canít say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didnít even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.
First of all...on behalf of Chevrolet, I would like to apologize for your dealership experience. While I can't change what happened, I hope your Camaro ownership experience makes this a distant memory.

I work for Chevrolet in the regional office in NY and want you to know that I will be getting personally involved with this one. As a 25 year GM employee and Camaro owner, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. While reading your post, I tried to think of what the salesperson's side of the story could be (usually, there are always two sides) but the profanity and insulting tone you experienced on the phone was inexcusable. The salesperson lost and what little support he had from me at that point. I feel a little better that management got involved to your satisfaction but the fact the salesperson never apologized and was still there when you went back floors me. If I owned that dealership, I would have walked him out personally.

I will be asking our local zone team to follow up with the owner and management of this dealership regarding your experience to make sure this salesperson is counseled and this doesn't happen again. In order to follow up, it would help to know the last 8 digits of your VIN number so I can look up your information in our systems. I would certainly understand if you wish to remain anonymous, but the information helps me put a name on the experience and will let me track it back to the exact salesperson. Please PM me this information if you would like me to take this route. If not, I will still follow up on your behalf in a more general fashion.

Again, I apologize for your experience. GM and Chevrolet went through a very public bad time last year and your type of experience is the last thing we need as we try to rebuild the public's confidence in Chevrolet. As we re-invent this company, we need to make sure all our customers are as happy with their dealership experience as they are with our vehicles and their ownership experience. We simply can't afford to allow experiences like this one to go unaddressed.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Manual, ABM, Grey Leather, Painted SIM Rallys, 20" RS Painted Wheels, A9167198
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
Blump
Nemesis
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 50
I think I dealt with the same guy. I ended up getting mine at Pine Belt in Lakewood.
Blump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
caddycruiser
 
caddycruiser's Avatar
 
Drives: Demo's
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 131
It's good to see people are watching...

Yes, they run themselves in the end, but it never ceases to amaze how simply POOR so many dealers are from sales to service even today. I can tell right away, even just internet shopping, how a dealer and their people operate from an email, and there needs to be more oversight & regulation from GM. "You do this or we'll take your franchise". Period.

Sorry to hear about your experience. If GM steps in, hopefully a positive result comes, if not for you, for future shoppers.
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
Mason44
 
Mason44's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 370
Wow thats horrible man.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #7
papabearcamaro

 
papabearcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WI.
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
First of all...on behalf of Chevrolet, I would like to apologize for your dealership experience. While I can't change what happened, I hope your Camaro ownership experience makes this a distant memory.

I work for Chevrolet in the regional office in NY and want you to know that I will be getting personally involved with this one. As a 25 year GM employee and Camaro owner, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. While reading your post, I tried to think of what the salesperson's side of the story could be (usually, there are always two sides) but the profanity and insulting tone you experienced on the phone was inexcusable. The salesperson lost and what little support he had from me at that point. I feel a little better that management got involved to your satisfaction but the fact the salesperson never apologized and was still there when you went back floors me. If I owned that dealership, I would have walked him out personally.

I will be asking our local zone team to follow up with the owner and management of this dealership regarding your experience to make sure this salesperson is counseled and this doesn't happen again. In order to follow up, it would help to know the last 8 digits of your VIN number so I can look up your information in our systems. I would certainly understand if you wish to remain anonymous, but the information helps me put a name on the experience and will let me track it back to the exact salesperson. Please PM me this information if you would like me to take this route. If not, I will still follow up on your behalf in a more general fashion.

Again, I apologize for your experience. GM and Chevrolet went through a very public bad time last year and your type of experience is the last thing we need as we try to rebuild the public's confidence in Chevrolet. As we re-invent this company, we need to make sure all our customers are as happy with their dealership experience as they are with our vehicles and their ownership experience. We simply can't afford to allow experiences like this one to go unaddressed.
Thank you Sir for helping this customer out. You have my upmost respect. You could have easily glanced by this thread and ignored it but you did not.
So many times we thank the build team for our beautiful cars(which we should constantly do as they more than deserve it) but there are so many other dedicated GM Employees behind the sceens that don't get enough recognition for stepping up to the plate and doing a well done job. My hat is off to you Sir.
__________________
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
ArmyK9Cop
 
ArmyK9Cop's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS CGM,HallTech,FlowMasterAT,Su
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 59
Hopper, Sir when I see posts like yours it reminds me of what makes america great when someone extends a helping hand to little guy. Sir I salute you.
ArmyK9Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 AM   #9
esfkotaro
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 93
I'm glad I live in the area of NJ I do. Muller Chevrolet in Stewartsville just off 78 before getting into PA is practically a second home to my family, we're always in there checking out cars\trucks, and buying from there. I'm a Ford guy at heart, but I'll be damned if I wanna ever have to deal with any other dealership. The great service, great prices and overall A+ experience there is a huge part of why this Blue-Oval guy is behind a Bowtie, for the 3rd time in a row now. (2008 Cobalt, 2007 Silverado 2500HD and now the 2010 Camaro). At any time right now, you can find 3-6 cars bought from there in my driveway...and I have a feeling that it'll be that way for as long as we live within a 100 miles of that dealership.

It's been well over a month since I picked up my Camaro, and I still get the occasional email from them to make sure I'm happy and to ask if there's anything else I need help with. I send all my friends\relatives to them because I know it's a recommendation I'll never have to regret making.
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #10
Thrillz


 
Thrillz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdrennan View Post
I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6’s and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasn’t even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I don’t know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didn’t have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they won’t let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really don’t need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesn’t understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly “you’ve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.” Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I can’t say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didn’t even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.
Wow why is that salesman even still working there. That guy should never be allowed to work with the public ever again let alone GM. The owner should have throw that dirt bag out by the ear. Im shocked really.
__________________
Quote of the year, from 6.1hemi:
"I just wanted to type some junk cause I am having some beers and I really like cars."
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #11
JerseyMonte
 
JerseyMonte's Avatar
 
Drives: 1972 Z28
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 355
Good buying experience

Couldn't ask for a better experience from a dealer
in southern NJ The best delivery I ever had on a new vehicle
[I've had about 20]
The first thing they did was wipe out the 5 K surcharge,
they picked me up at my home to take delivery
left the front tag off, and gave me every document that
was in the car,everything I asked for
They bend over backwards to please customers
a lot of dealers make you bend over forward,
I guess you found one of them
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
LEADfoot927
 
LEADfoot927's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fort Lewis, WA
Posts: 377
I bought mine from there and I didnt have a problem. Who was your salesman?
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
ZuluKilla8

 
ZuluKilla8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saddle Brook ,NJ
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by esfkotaro View Post
I'm glad I live in the area of NJ I do. Muller Chevrolet in Stewartsville just off 78 before getting into PA is practically a second home to my family, we're always in there checking out cars\trucks, and buying from there. I'm a Ford guy at heart, but I'll be damned if I wanna ever have to deal with any other dealership. The great service, great prices and overall A+ experience there is a huge part of why this Blue-Oval guy is behind a Bowtie, for the 3rd time in a row now. (2008 Cobalt, 2007 Silverado 2500HD and now the 2010 Camaro). At any time right now, you can find 3-6 cars bought from there in my driveway...and I have a feeling that it'll be that way for as long as we live within a 100 miles of that dealership.

It's been well over a month since I picked up my Camaro, and I still get the occasional email from them to make sure I'm happy and to ask if there's anything else I need help with. I send all my friends\relatives to them because I know it's a recommendation I'll never have to regret making.
I got my Camaro from them also in December, and my past three vehicles from them Great service and still recieve emails from them...who was your salesman?
__________________
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
scrboy2002@aol.com
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS IBM White Rally M6 SROOF
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oakhurst NJ 07755
Posts: 77
GO 2 miles south

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdrennan View Post
I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6ís and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasnít even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I donít know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didnít have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they wonít let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really donít need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesnít understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly ďyouíve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.Ē Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I canít say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didnít even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.

Why? Why would you go to Pine Belt? THey are horrible. Go into Ocean TWP< and go to Seacoast Chevrolet. Tell them Bill Frampton told you about them. Great customer service, friendly staff. Ive dealt with them through 20 different Chevy's (now 21, just picked up my 1SS/RS M6 Sunroof IDM WHite Rally) on Saturday. GO THERE!
scrboy2002@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #15
scrboy2002@aol.com
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS IBM White Rally M6 SROOF
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oakhurst NJ 07755
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
First of all...on behalf of Chevrolet, I would like to apologize for your dealership experience. While I can't change what happened, I hope your Camaro ownership experience makes this a distant memory.

I work for Chevrolet in the regional office in NY and want you to know that I will be getting personally involved with this one. As a 25 year GM employee and Camaro owner, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. While reading your post, I tried to think of what the salesperson's side of the story could be (usually, there are always two sides) but the profanity and insulting tone you experienced on the phone was inexcusable. The salesperson lost and what little support he had from me at that point. I feel a little better that management got involved to your satisfaction but the fact the salesperson never apologized and was still there when you went back floors me. If I owned that dealership, I would have walked him out personally.

I will be asking our local zone team to follow up with the owner and management of this dealership regarding your experience to make sure this salesperson is counseled and this doesn't happen again. In order to follow up, it would help to know the last 8 digits of your VIN number so I can look up your information in our systems. I would certainly understand if you wish to remain anonymous, but the information helps me put a name on the experience and will let me track it back to the exact salesperson. Please PM me this information if you would like me to take this route. If not, I will still follow up on your behalf in a more general fashion.

Again, I apologize for your experience. GM and Chevrolet went through a very public bad time last year and your type of experience is the last thing we need as we try to rebuild the public's confidence in Chevrolet. As we re-invent this company, we need to make sure all our customers are as happy with their dealership experience as they are with our vehicles and their ownership experience. We simply can't afford to allow experiences like this one to go unaddressed.

Identity thief? VIN # to get personal information.
sounds FISHY!
scrboy2002@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #16
papabearcamaro

 
papabearcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WI.
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrboy2002@aol.com View Post
Identity thief? VIN # to get personal information.
sounds FISHY!
Just sitting here shaking my head over this one. :(
__________________
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
camarowa

 
camarowa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PNW....almost canada
Posts: 1,899
Hopper, thank you for stepping up to the plate


Quote:
Originally Posted by scrboy2002@aol.com View Post
Identity thief? VIN # to get personal information.
sounds FISHY!
:(
__________________
- Pfadt Suspension Package; Springs & Sways
- Brembo Brake Upgrade (Yellow); Courtesy Fesler Built
- Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
 
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sparta Chevrolet, Sparta, MI
Posts: 2,106
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Hopper...You rock!!

I hate hearing these types of stories~

OP, sorry you had to experience this rudeness at one of what should be the most exciting times of your life.



scrboy2002, not to worry. Hopper's one of the good guys.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #19
SirBrad
The Captain
 
SirBrad's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1,501
I can't believe they're still charging $5000 over sticker at this point in the game. They have 5 sitting on their lot right now. All with surcharges.

They're going to make people walk next door to the Dodger or Ford dealer and get a new Challenger or Mustang - unless of course those guys are doing the same thing.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #20
lpdrennan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 14
Hopper I appreciate anything you can do to follow up on this, and i will PM you the last 8 of my VIN later. Thanks again.
lpdrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
lpdrennan
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 14
To all of you- Thanks for reading my story. In the end i love the Car but i was just so disappointed about what happened if i could have returned the car and bought it somewhere else i would have ( I still would). Anyway thanks for your support and pass it on.
lpdrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #22
RaspyRon
 
RaspyRon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida
Posts: 201
There's usually two sides to every story, however the salesman should have never talked to you like that. People need to learn to just get along especially over such minor details. I hope you can just let this go. Life will be better if you don't dwell on it.
__________________
The "ENTICER"
RaspyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #23
SteerableDad
 
Drives: 2010 V6 LT2 Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colts Neck, NJ
Posts: 3
Pine Belt

I bought from there also. Dealt with Dave. He started with the usual BS but was ok after I set him straight - I'm not paying near list, your market pricing is a joke, I'm not discussing financing until we come to terms on price, etc. Not a career car guy but a refugee from Wall Street. Also let him hang for two weeks after the first time I walked. He called every f'ing day.

Got a V6 LT2 with sun roof for $23,900 b/f tax ans lic (list was mid 28) after USAA and Pontiac discounts of $1,750. Might have helped that the Executive Manager Mike Trebino is also from Colts Neck....

Dealt primarily with Mike for the final and it was pretty painless. Had my own financing from USAA lined up so I avoided having to deal with them on that and no trade - totalled my Mustang.
SteerableDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #24
PinebeltEatonTownSux
 
Drives: 2006 Chevy Tahoe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1
Please don't purchase from this dealer. There are so many great dealers in central jersey that the circle jerk that the will put you through is just that old school sticking to every customer and have no respect whether you bought 10 cars there or you were the local police. I actually worked there for about a month and found myself very embarrassed. Nobody wanted to sell the Camaro because it wasn't a used car. This is an 80% used car dealer that hangs onto GM for the traffic to flip them to used. I left after realizing what kind of a place I was working for. I had to deals that actually paid great commission and 6 months later I have yet to receive a dollar when it should have close to 2K. I asked the F&I manager who told me the car were coming off the road due to financing. Well I had the customers number who stated that he already received his plates which only happens after funding. So a dealer that not only sticks it to each customer also sticks it to the salesman that work 60+ hours. Wow Pinebelt Mike Trembino and Chris Cola are thieves and should be treated as such so please don't help especially if you are a young inexperienced buyer or an elderly please beware. Oh and let's not forget about working for them bc u will not get paid. Sorry u guys just needed to know this. I'm sure this is one of many many people that this has happened too
PinebeltEatonTownSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #25
Alfieboy
Madman
 
Alfieboy's Avatar
 
Drives: White 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RICHMOND VA
Posts: 1,313
i really hope your suspended...wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrboy2002@aol.com View Post
Identity thief? VIN # to get personal information.
sounds FISHY!

Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hennessey 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 705-HP!! (HPE700) Caliman93230 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 172 04-01-2009 07:12 PM
"Our" Economy ShnOmac General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 46 11-15-2008 03:47 PM
new members opinion on chevy shelbyGT500 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 18 06-24-2008 01:46 AM
Help Chevy Help Autism Mr. Wyndham General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 03-26-2008 01:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.