Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
ECUPirate83

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS IBM
2 XM radios?

I called XM radio today to extend my subscription to a year for $77/year (Made sure to have them invoice me) and was offered another XM radio for only 19.99. I told them I was undecided now.

Did anyone take this offer and I was told that I needed to buy another subscription for this extra radio. I thought you could pay an xtra $5 for the extra radio if you already had a subscription. I would like to get an extra reciever for my other car and at work, but would really blow to have to pay for 2 subscriptions.

What do you guys think?
ECUPirate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
mic2233

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Silver Ice Metallic
Each radio requires a subscription. The add-on radios are normally cheaper per month. It looks like they are trying to sell you a separate radio for 19.99 + the monthly sub cost.
mic2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
Yes that's exactly what they are doing. They are selling you an add-on unit at a discount, and trying to get you to pay for the added subscription. The second(and all extra) subscription is always discounted, so see if the unit they are trying to sell you will work for your intended needs, of if you will need a different one. If the one they have will work for you, then go ahead and get it at the discounted rate. If not, hit up Best Buy or similar if you want a second unit for car/home/office use.
/rambling
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
ECUPirate83

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS IBM
SO if I buy a radio at a best buy or somewhere else and activated it through my orginial account, Do i just pay $5.00 to add the extra radio or I have to get a subscription...

I'm kinda confuse on what they are trying to do ..I just want a radio so I can move it from home and my other car when I'm not in my Camaro...
ECUPirate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
shankomatic

Drives: 2010 2LT V6 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUPirate83 View Post
SO if I buy a radio at a best buy or somewhere else and activated it through my orginial account, Do i just pay $5.00 to add the extra radio or I have to get a subscription...

I'm kinda confuse on what they are trying to do ..I just want a radio so I can move it from home and my other car when I'm not in my Camaro...
Yes, I have a second radio and pay an extra fee. I don't think it is $5.00 any more. It might be somthing like $7-8. I pay the lump-sum annual fee so I am not sure off hand what the exact price is.
shankomatic is offline   Reply With Quote