Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #1
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed
 
Snidely Whiplash's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NRH, TX
Posts: 987
Has anyone installed a holster in their Camaro?

Other than carrying a handgun in a regular conceal holster (which would cause the gun butt to damage the seats) I'm forced to carry in a crossdraw holster, then switch to my regular carry holster before exiting the car.

Has anyone found a place/way to mount a quick-accessible holster in the Camaro? I don't want to cut/drill holes/damage the car if at all possible. The problem is that on a date, when the date doesn't know you carry, it's hard to transfer the weapon in a discrete manner. I've put the weapon in the passenger seat rear "pouch, but if my date moves the seat back, I cannot get the weapon quickly.

Who has figured out the dilemma of Camaro protection?
__________________
Bring back Sunoco 260 to the local station. Some folks STILL drive L-88s and need the good gas.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,615
I carry my S&W Shield no problems with a IWB Holster and an external double spare mag carrier with no issues to the seats or me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Spartan01


 
Spartan01's Avatar
 
Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Falls Church, Virginia
Posts: 3,611
Tuck the weapon into your crotch.
The extra bulge may make you even more attractive to the ladies.
Unless she gets your pants off, it wont be an issue, and if she does get your pants off she wont care.
__________________
"You simply cannot trust quotes found on the internet." -Abraham Lincoln
Spartan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed
 
Snidely Whiplash's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NRH, TX
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Tuck the weapon into your crotch.
The extra bulge may make you even more attractive to the ladies.
Unless she gets your pants off, it wont be an issue, and if she does get your pants off she wont care.
How do I answer the question, "is that a gun in your pants or are you happy to see me"?
__________________
Bring back Sunoco 260 to the local station. Some folks STILL drive L-88s and need the good gas.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed
 
Snidely Whiplash's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NRH, TX
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I carry my S&W Shield no problems with a IWB Holster and an external double spare mag carrier with no issues to the seats or me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I carry medium/large frame pistols at 3:30 - 4:00 IWB/OWB. I do carry a Commander sized 1911 AIWB, but it gets "crowded" while sitting in the car LOL

My J frame can be "adjusted" as to clear the seats, but everything else would need to be worn crossdraw. I love custom holsters - but I can't afford one for every weapon I carry. I'll stick with the P239 worn in elephant trimmed Nightingale crossdraw holster. If it's cooler weather where a larger weapon can be carried outside the car, I'll just make the switch...unless I have a date with a lady that's not cool around guns.

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea. Some members seem very resourceful fabricating parts/custom items for their Camaro.
__________________
Bring back Sunoco 260 to the local station. Some folks STILL drive L-88s and need the good gas.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I carry medium/large frame pistols at 3:30 - 4:00 IWB/OWB. I do carry a Commander sized 1911 AIWB, but it gets "crowded" while sitting in the car LOL

My J frame can be "adjusted" as to clear the seats, but everything else would need to be worn crossdraw. I love custom holsters - but I can't afford one for every weapon I carry. I'll stick with the P239 worn in elephant trimmed Nightingale crossdraw holster. If it's cooler weather where a larger weapon can be carried outside the car, I'll just make the switch...unless I have a date with a lady that's not cool around guns.

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea. Some members seem very resourceful fabricating parts/custom items for their Camaro.
I used to carry an old S&W 4013 which is small but larger than the Shield. I would say similar in size to a Commander.

As far as mounting something to the car a few things I would think of are, legal requirements. Also a location that is accessible. The glove box is no good. I wouldn't like anything on the passenger side of the console and I feel like anything near my knee/thigh would be in the way.

Possibly something under the steering column?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed
 
Snidely Whiplash's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NRH, TX
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I used to carry an old S&W 4013 which is small but larger than the Shield. I would say similar in size to a Commander.

As far as mounting something to the car a few things I would think of are, legal requirements. Also a location that is accessible. The glove box is no good. I wouldn't like anything on the passenger side of the console and I feel like anything near my knee/thigh would be in the way.

Possibly something under the steering column?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
There's and idea! Thanks so much. I just gotta work it out where the weapon stays concealed (state law - NO open carry here)
THANKS!
__________________
Bring back Sunoco 260 to the local station. Some folks STILL drive L-88s and need the good gas.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
There's and idea! Thanks so much. I just gotta work it out where the weapon stays concealed (state law - NO open carry here)
THANKS!
I vaguely remember seeing adds in some of the gun magazines for holster setups to go there. Might be worth a look or Google search.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #9
Blue Magic
 
Blue Magic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: N'awlins
Posts: 68
I use a off duty holster. It's snug under the steering wheel & easy to draw from. Snaps into place.Name:  20141105_145024.jpg
Views: 3948
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  20141105_145013.jpg
Views: 7859
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  20141105_145004.jpg
Views: 4203
Size:  150.8 KB
__________________
TSP 1 7/8" Headers, Cat Delete / Flowtech Mufflers, Vmax CNC Ported TB, SLP UD Pulley 25%, Elite Catch Can, Vararam CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, Taylor 49 Race Wires, Mishimoto Silicone Hoses, B&M Transmission Pan,
Tampa Tuning Tweaked & Tweaked again
Blue Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #10
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS
 
ZWA SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perry, ok
Posts: 1,005
I do the same as above with the factory holster that came with my XDs. Works perfect.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #11
Dexter9522
 
Drives: SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Az
Posts: 272
I have a shield as well. In a uncle mikes holster it slides InBetween the seat and the center console perfect just in front of the seatbelt buckle. Easily accessible and no drilling. Pressure fit an doesn't move even with spirited driving and can still pull it out quickly if need be
__________________
2013 ss M6 471 / 428 adm intake / texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes no cats / npp / slp underdive pulley / cordes performance defibrillator cam / ported throttle body, intake manifold by CPR tuning by nic D
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #12
Dexter9522
 
Drives: SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Az
Posts: 272
Another option is a magnet attached to the outside of an old holster or even on the inside of a column or plastic peice on the vehicle. Amazon has some pretty high powered magnets that you could just attatch it too. My buddy has a glock inside his pantry barrel pointed up that's held in by a magnet, in a holster and it's very secure
__________________
2013 ss M6 471 / 428 adm intake / texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes no cats / npp / slp underdive pulley / cordes performance defibrillator cam / ported throttle body, intake manifold by CPR tuning by nic D
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
hammdo
Circle Member Want-A-Be
 
hammdo's Avatar
 
Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 L99 LSA SC Z/LE
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I just gotta work it out where the weapon stays concealed (state law - NO open carry here)
THANKS!
Yet....
hammdo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #14
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!
 
1KillerSS's Avatar
 
Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toledo,OH
Posts: 3,907
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I keep mine tucked between the seat and the counsel just in front of the seat belt buckle receiver, as your sitting in the seat it would be to the north side of the receiver. This way I can get to it fast and easy.

After seeing Blue Magic's idea I think I'll be moving it under the wheel. That's a great place.
__________________
AGP TT kit, 54/57 journal bearing turbos, Forged rotating assembly, stock crank, CP Pistons, Callies Rods, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq


Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.