Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Russell James

Drives: '12 SS/RS LS3 IBM
Question on my ARH LT,cats & X pipe install - which side cats?

Putting on my ARH LT w/cats & X pipe long set up. Trying to figure out which side each cat goes on.

I first put it on with the O2 bungs angled up. And it looks like the O2s would wind up real close to the trans crossmember. Is that right, and I should just slide the cats further up onto the collector?

Or should I swap sides with the cats and the O2 bungs angled a hair down away from the bottom of the car.

Doing this on the floor on jackstands so trying to avoid tons of trial and error.

Any tips on the cat/bung local side appreciated, and how far you think the race cats should be slid up onto the collector?

Looks great so far, should be roaring this evening.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Russell James

Also - the 4 big thick aluminum washers in the bolt pack. Where do they go?

I think I've got the cats in correctly with the O2 bungs angled up. I think that's right.

O2's are kind of close to the trans mount though. Intermediate pipes bolted together with the 4 bolts, but where do those thick washers go?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Also - the 4 big thick aluminum washers in the bolt pack. Where do they go?

I think I've got the cats in correctly with the O2 bungs angled up. I think that's right.

O2's are kind of close to the trans mount though. Intermediate pipes bolted together with the 4 bolts, but where do those thick washers go?
The washers are for the tunnel brace, they are used to lower it so the 3 inch pipes do not touch it. It does state that in the directions...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Russell James

Ah, thank you. I sped read those directions and missed that.

How far back did you get your tips? I've got the ARH mufflers too.

Are your O2's close to the trans mount? Angled up?

I need to adjust things to get my tips farther out the rear diffuser. Just wondering if I should pull my cats back a bit. I shoved them up pretty far to give the O2's more room. Or work on the X pipe connections to lengthen it there?

Thanks.

Update - I think I've got everything kosher. As soon as it quits raining, will take some test drives. So far, it looks great and sounds incredible. Very nice complete kit & complete instruction (just need to follow them.. ha ha).

I needed a few tips to try to minimize my dives under the car. Working wounded with a dislocated shoulder and wrenched back from a little mishap at work. Never try to catch anything falling off a forklift! Every dive under the car was like watching a sloth knit a sweater.

But even wounded, I was able to complete the job, just very slow. Very nice complete exhaust package! Working one armed I learned how to use empty boxes and rope to help lift and hold everything in place.

Soon as it quits raining will take her for a test rip!

Last edited by Russell James; 03-28-2010 at 11:14 AM.