Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Bowtie Junkman

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Dyno proven results from bolt-ons to L99

I've posted these results in the "Tuning" section, but since these results were all a result of bolt-ons we have all either purchased or considered purchasing, I thought this info would be helpful/useful to some of you ...

My car is a 1SS with only one option - auto trans (L99) - 1400 miles ....

The guys at OCD Customs in Brea first ran baseline tests. Then, over the course of one week, I did the following bolt-ons:
- K&N Aircharger
- Edelbrock x-pipe
- GMPP Off-Road axle back exhaust
- Diablosport Predator programmer
When I returned to OCD this past Saturday, we did a few more pulls, and Scott 'tweaked' the tune a little ... and I gained 30hp and 37ft/lbs at the wheels (which factors to a gain of 36hp and 44 ft/lbs at the crank). Here's the chart:

There is no drone at all in the car, and the sound is mellow but throaty ... and then when you open it up, the sound coming into the CAI and the exhaust is AWESOME! Disabling the AFM/DOD was an extremely welcomed benefit.

The car sounds and feels completely different ... pulling noticably harder from 2500-5500. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out, and couldn't be happier with the products I purchased and the dyno service I got over at OCD Customs. THIS is the way the car should have come from Chevrolet!

And here we are doing the "Happy Dance" ...

http://ocdcustoms.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5

I hope this helps some of you out ... as I know I did a lot of research before spending my money ....
Bowtie Junkman is offline   Reply With Quote