Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #51
REAPER SS
 
REAPER SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham,Al
Posts: 454
Nice set up. Standing ovation
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #52
Brian@Vortech
 
Brian@Vortech's Avatar
 
Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 155
So Cody...did you break 1,000rwhp yet? I know it is just a matter of time!
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #53
WickedHp
 
Drives: WHP1000
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8
Brian, not there yet but here is a taste of where we are with the new pulley combo. I just have to figure out where my restriction is at 6000 and we should hit 1000rwhp shortley.

-p.s. the stock clutch is still in there and after loaded dyno pulls and hard street driving, i still cant hurt it. so if everyone is right about there being no way the stock clutch is holding the power, then maybe we are already there. im going to change it soon on a back to back run so i will know for sure, not just speculation.
Attached Images
 
WickedHp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #54
Total_Perf_Eng
 
Total_Perf_Eng's Avatar
 
Drives: Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 509
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Hey Cody, I have a take out Mcleod clutch that you can use for some testing if you want. It started slipping at about 1200 at the flywheel, so we yanked it in order to put in a different clutch. You can feel free to borrow it if you want to. Its only seen engine dyno time.

I see you tomorrow. I forgot to run by today.
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #55
Brian@Vortech
 
Brian@Vortech's Avatar
 
Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
Hey Cody, I have a take out Mcleod clutch that you can use for some testing if you want. It started slipping at about 1200 at the flywheel, so we yanked it in order to put in a different clutch. You can feel free to borrow it if you want to. Its only seen engine dyno time.
Started slipping at 1,200 horsepower? You Vegas boys are crazy...horsepower crazy that is!
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #56
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
Hey Cody, I have a take out Mcleod clutch that you can use for some testing if you want. It started slipping at about 1200 at the flywheel, so we yanked it in order to put in a different clutch. You can feel free to borrow it if you want to. Its only seen engine dyno time.

I see you tomorrow. I forgot to run by today.
wow that is really nice..
__________________
C7 Stingray ordered 6-7-13 (RCHT2P) 3300 status
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #57
Gotthat02fire

 
Gotthat02fire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Williamsport,PA
Posts: 2,190
Wow!!! But how are you putting that to the ground o a street car I have 500rwhp and lots of suspension upgrades and it still won't hold???????????
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #58
2010ssraper
2010camaroSS
 
2010ssraper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedHp View Post
Brian, not there yet but here is a taste of where we are with the new pulley combo. I just have to figure out where my restriction is at 6000 and we should hit 1000rwhp shortley.

-p.s. the stock clutch is still in there and after loaded dyno pulls and hard street driving, i still cant hurt it. so if everyone is right about there being no way the stock clutch is holding the power, then maybe we are already there. im going to change it soon on a back to back run so i will know for sure, not just speculation.
since you are running a 8:6:1 compression and running 16.5 PSI could you run the full 18 street legal PSI on that without meth?

*EDIT* I read somewhere that the Vortech charger that your using can only use 18PSI to be street legal
__________________
Quote:
It continues to amaze me. Ford guys think their shit is so great. Why then do you need DOHC and 4 valves per cyl. plus forced air to beat a production pushrod engine with 2 valves per cyl. Face it, when it comes down to it Ford just can't compete. New slogan for the Mustang. "You can't fix stupid"!
2010ssraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #59
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ssraper View Post
since you are running a 8:6:1 compression and running 16.5 PSI could you run the full 18 street legal PSI on that without meth?

*EDIT* I read somewhere that the Vortech charger that your using can only use 18PSI to be street legal
Whaaaaaat???, Watch our for the Boost Police

I better stay our of your state with my Dually I run 50 PSI.

Just Kidding around,
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #60
ipimpthisc
Banned
 
Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: nyc, EAST COAST HEAVY HITTERS
Posts: 745
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
I am still breaking my motor in...its a newbie...but if wicked can make me 600 rwhp with reliability, with affordability, and no internal mods except maybe a cam...I am definitely going to support them..so far they are giving me a really good feel...kudos to wicked..u guys are really leaving a good impression
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #61
2010ssraper
2010camaroSS
 
2010ssraper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Whaaaaaat???, Watch our for the Boost Police

I better stay our of your state with my Dually I run 50 PSI.

Just Kidding around,
lol idk where I read it, Nice dually
__________________
Quote:
It continues to amaze me. Ford guys think their shit is so great. Why then do you need DOHC and 4 valves per cyl. plus forced air to beat a production pushrod engine with 2 valves per cyl. Face it, when it comes down to it Ford just can't compete. New slogan for the Mustang. "You can't fix stupid"!
2010ssraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #62
2010ssraper
2010camaroSS
 
2010ssraper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 85
Well I guess it dont matter bout only using 18PSI... What is the most you guys could run on that engine without having to go to meth?
__________________
Quote:
It continues to amaze me. Ford guys think their shit is so great. Why then do you need DOHC and 4 valves per cyl. plus forced air to beat a production pushrod engine with 2 valves per cyl. Face it, when it comes down to it Ford just can't compete. New slogan for the Mustang. "You can't fix stupid"!
2010ssraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #63
FastOil
 
Drives: none
Join Date: May 2010
Location: here
Posts: 79
Wow on pump gas that much power thats real nice, is the pump spiced up with race gas.
how many pound of boost.

the car is a beast and its making power up there thats for sure.
FastOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #64
WickedHp
 
Drives: WHP1000
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to answer your questions and give you an update. We did some testing on our flowbench and found our restriction on the top end with 20psi of boost. I am currently fabricating a new intercooler to test on the dyno. We should have it done early next week and i'll post some updated dyno sheets and pictures of the finalized WHP1100 package car. Then its to LVMS for some road course testing and 1/4 mile runs.


Fastoil-the gas is true 91 from mobil. 16.5psi/20psi when we found the restriction.

2010ssraper-it looks like we can run 25psi safely as i still have 12 degrees of timing at 20psi with no knock. I will try it and let you guys know.

ipimpthisc-we would love to do work for you. 600rwhp is very achievable with reliability. I will pm you a qoute of what it would take.

Cody Chapman
WickedHp Las Vegas
702-951-7203
WickedHp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #65
cfcoates
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Posts: 136
It sounds awesome Cody Can't wait to see your track results!
__________________

Kenne Bell 2.8 Polished & Black - Coolingmist Methanol Injection
Stillen Front Splitter - Havoc Side Skirts & Rear Diffuser
ICONZ Wheels & Nitto NT-05's - PFADT Springs
cfcoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #66
ipimpthisc
Banned
 
Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: nyc, EAST COAST HEAVY HITTERS
Posts: 745
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
thanks for the interest in working something out...u guys on this forum are all so cool, and have some many great projects, the psi in my head in making my eyes pop out.lol
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #67
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,978
love that loud whistle
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #68
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,805


WOW! We wanna see this beast on the streets! Dyno vids are cool and all, but we wanna see a nasty burnout!
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #69
hollywoodGU
 
Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Monmouth, OR
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post


WOW! We wanna see this beast on the streets! Dyno vids are cool and all, but we wanna see a nasty burnout!
Screw a burnout, I wanna see that thing eat up a 1/4 mile
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #70
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...
 
johndawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,118
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post


+1
__________________
C5FII Individual Pictures Available

Get your C5FII Book for iPad Here!!!

Follow Us on




The Official Photographers of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #71
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Wow!!! But how are you putting that to the ground o a street car I have 500rwhp and lots of suspension upgrades and it still won't hold???????????

That would be the magic question

Find a wrecked Bugatti and takes it tires
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #72
Bbrock25
 
Bbrock25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Ky
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
That would be the magic question

Find a wrecked Bugatti and takes it tires


Sick car, hope to see some 1/4 and street runs.
__________________
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #73
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color
 
96rss/ls6's Avatar
 
Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: greer south carolina
Posts: 236
I keep seeing people saying stock ls3, read the thread. He isnt stock. Its aftermarket crank, rods ,and pistons,or am I reading this wrong? Stock block and drivetrain is about it now. I think when you say stock LS3 block , a few people here are taking that to mean stock LS3 internals. Either way , you guys are making some seriously sick HP on pump gas, or non pump for that matter. Congrats. And as stated b4 , get us some vids of it shattering the clutch and axles. lol
__________________
96rss/ls6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #74
Gunner USMC
One shot, one kill...
 
Gunner USMC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 36
1/4 drag run video!!!! Please!!!!
__________________
Gunner USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #75
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedHp View Post
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to answer your questions and give you an update. We did some testing on our flowbench and found our restriction on the top end with 20psi of boost. I am currently fabricating a new intercooler to test on the dyno. We should have it done early next week and i'll post some updated dyno sheets and pictures of the finalized WHP1100 package car. Then its to LVMS for some road course testing and 1/4 mile runs.


Fastoil-the gas is true 91 from mobil. 16.5psi/20psi when we found the restriction.

2010ssraper-it looks like we can run 25psi safely as i still have 12 degrees of timing at 20psi with no knock. I will try it and let you guys know.

ipimpthisc-we would love to do work for you. 600rwhp is very achievable with reliability. I will pm you a qoute of what it would take.

Cody Chapman
WickedHp Las Vegas
702-951-7203
You are really turning the wick up on this one. Cool stuff. Really at those levels the "pump gas" card becomes less relevant since most people can't hook that power on the street and at the track you can mix in a little juice. Can't wait to see it run on the track - should be a screamer. Please keep us posted.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fill her up! A question for Jerseyites and others at the gas pump. Darqueling USA - NY / NJ / PA 24 08-05-2009 01:36 AM
First 8 sec C6 Z06 on pump gas CamaroSpike23 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 15 03-20-2009 07:43 PM
Fuel pump or bad tank of gas? Boomer Sooner 4th Generation Camaros 25 01-02-2009 06:34 PM
gas prices. Congoman775 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 65 05-28-2008 12:20 PM
Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags z28camaro2471 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 09-02-2007 06:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.