Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
chriSStine
 
chriSStine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 55
All CC Muscle Cars

Corvette/Camaro shoot out, here we come.

Last edited by chriSStine; 11-19-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Update
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
jenL
 
jenL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 205
We should be if Jason doesn't get forced to work! He's sooooo ready to race!
__________________
CAI Cold air intake with scoop, Ported throttle body, RX catch can, muffler delete, resonator delete, Night Fury cam, Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers, Melling OP, high flow cats, 160* thermostat, Lethal tune.
474RWHP / 444RWTQ
Coming soon - 3.91 gears!!!
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Mmmm not me.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
jenL
 
jenL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Mmmm not me.
Yeah you will. You'll be there in spirit!!!
__________________
CAI Cold air intake with scoop, Ported throttle body, RX catch can, muffler delete, resonator delete, Night Fury cam, Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers, Melling OP, high flow cats, 160* thermostat, Lethal tune.
474RWHP / 444RWTQ
Coming soon - 3.91 gears!!!
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Me me me!!! I hope!!
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
STXCamaro
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Corpus Christi, TX.
Posts: 44
I'm not sure what that is!! I've never been.
STXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
chriSStine
 
chriSStine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 55
The local SCCA puts on an autocross event the first full weekend of every month. It is a "slalom/180" style course which changes every three months. Saturday is registration opening by 8:15 and closing at 10:30. Saturday is practice with no record keeping on your times. You will get 6 runs. Sunday is the timed event registration closes at 9:30. Six timed runs that day. The cost is $40 for non members and $30 for members. It is a lot of fun and we enjoy letting loose with the cars very much. You are very welcome if you can make it.
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
Jerry7297
 
Jerry7297's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 622
I will be there at least Sunday. I may not make sat. I have never run this track I hope i can make it sat for practice.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
jenL
 
jenL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 205
You can also come out and watch for free and ride along with members!
__________________
CAI Cold air intake with scoop, Ported throttle body, RX catch can, muffler delete, resonator delete, Night Fury cam, Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers, Melling OP, high flow cats, 160* thermostat, Lethal tune.
474RWHP / 444RWTQ
Coming soon - 3.91 gears!!!
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
nrr8865
 
nrr8865's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 263
I'll be there. Can't wait!
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
chriSStine
 
chriSStine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by STXCamaro View Post
I'm not sure what that is!! I've never been.
Forgot 1 important piece of info, location: Waldron Field, Waldron Rd, Corpus Christi, 78418. You can google direction if you are interested. We will be out by the flight tower
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
chriSStine
 
chriSStine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 55
Jody, hope you can keep that kidney instead of selling them for tires
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #13
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Have fun and post some pictures. Seems like we used have lots of video and pictures. Now that we've infiltrated the organization 'nobody got time fo dat'. We may have to pay Gus. Or another photog to chronicle our events.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Have fun and post some pictures. Seems like we used have lots of video and pictures. Now that we've infiltrated the organization 'nobody got time fo dat'. We may have to pay Gus. Or another photog to chronicle our events.
We will post some up for ya first part of the week there ole buddy. Wish ya could have been there today. Werent the same without you there.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
nrr8865
 
nrr8865's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 263
Having a little fun with Jerry.

nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Holy cow!! Who was driving? You two were giggling like little school girls. Looks like fun.

Big thanks to you guys for helping Christinne get the tire sorted out. Guess I have an excuse to buy new ones. If I get my wheels repowder coated I can go to a square set up. Jody, did you decide what you are going with? 20's or 19's? Also what are you doing with you old ones. I need the rears but may be willing to buy all four if your looking to get rid of them. LMK.

Jason, you got three weeks to work straight thru so you can be off the weekend I come home. I may only be home a couple weeks this time so lets make sure we get our schedules straight. Look forward to more vids.

Last edited by mp51998; 09-07-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: retard spelling
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #17
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Holy cow!! Who was driving? You two were giggling like little school girls. Looks like fun.

Big thanks to you guys for helping Christinne get the tire sorted out. Guess I have an excuse to buy new ones. If I get my wheels repowder coated I can go to a square set up. Jody, did you decide what you are going with? 20's or 19's? Also what are you doing with you old ones. I need the rears but may be willing to buy all four if your looking to get rid of them. LMK.

Jason, you got three weeks to work straight thru so you can be off the weekend I come home. I may only be home a couple weeks this time so lets make sure we get our schedules straight. Look forward to more vids.
Sure will mike. No problem on the tire it was really freaky perfect lil hole all the air just gone. No damage at all that i can tell to the rim or powdercoat. I put a plug in it for ya. It is holding air just fine. Yep work work work... Then hope fully autox with ya and if the stars align and all that crap i am hoping to make the new orleans trip with yall. Stay safe bro.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #18
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
Sure will mike. No problem on the tire it was really freaky perfect lil hole all the air just gone. No damage at all that i can tell to the rim or powdercoat. I put a plug in it for ya. It is holding air just fine. Yep work work work... Then hope fully autox with ya and if the stars align and all that crap i am hoping to make the new orleans trip with yall. Stay safe bro.
I have two spare rear rims that I want to powder coat and touch up the rears I have now. Then I can do the square set up. Also need to pick up two more so I can do Christines car next time she needs tires. Just waiting to see if Jody is going to run the F1's and if he likes them. Afraid to jump on the band wagon to fast like we did with the GForce Comp II's. I'd like to go to 19's but that will be a while down the road since the wheels I want are pricey. I want to FI next spring so the wheels can wait if I run four stock rears. Have fun tomorrow/today.

Last edited by mp51998; 09-08-2013 at 02:27 AM.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I have two spare rear rims that I want to powder coat and touch up the rears I have now. Then I can do the square set up. Also need to pick up two more so I can do Christines car next time she needs tires. Just waiting to see if Jody is going to run the F1's and if he likes them. Afraid to jump on the band wagon to fast like we did with the GForce Comp II's. I'd like to go to 19's but that will be a while down the road since the wheels I want are pricey. I want to FI next spring so the wheels can wait if I run four stock rears. Have fun tomorrow/today.
Im sure jody will chime in but i think he has been swayed to the Michelin pilot. I am kinda stuck on trying those re11 thingys but mr ralph in the 03 cobra got some bfg rivals for his streets and wow what a tire. He swears they are the grippiest thing since super glue, and reasonably priced as well. I cant do them cause they are not available in 19's but they do have 20's. just a thought.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Oh yeah, they're new and I think specifically designed as a track/DD tire. May have to check them out.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Well, while y'all are having fun in the rain I've been researching tires. The PS2's look like they may be best all around Ultra Performance tire. Unfortunately for me, I only have the 20x9 rims and they come in a 275 or 295. I doubt I can fit the 295's on those rims. With the F1's or Rivals i could run 285's with no rubbing. The F1 are supposedly 'hard as stone' under 60 degrees. The Rivals are the best track tire. However they will wear the quickest (15,000-18,000 mi)and are the worst for rain. Okay in light to moderate rain but hydroplane more quickly than the others. Price wise, the PS2's are by far the most expensive. The Rival and F1's are similarly priced. Mmmmm what to do?
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
Jerry7297
 
Jerry7297's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Holy cow!! Who was driving? You two were giggling like little school girls. Looks like fun.

Big thanks to you guys for helping Christinne get the tire sorted out. Guess I have an excuse to buy new ones. If I get my wheels repowder coated I can go to a square set up.
Ray was driving. That was a fun run. He was taking out some aggression or some thing.

Let me know when you plan on going to the powder coater. I need to do my factory zl1 reproductions.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #23
converted
 
Drives: 2012 45th anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Currently in Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Well, while y'all are having fun in the rain I've been researching tires. The PS2's look like they may be best all around Ultra Performance tire. Unfortunately for me, I only have the 20x9 rims and they come in a 275 or 295. I doubt I can fit the 295's on those rims. With the F1's or Rivals i could run 285's with no rubbing. The F1 are supposedly 'hard as stone' under 60 degrees. The Rivals are the best track tire. However they will wear the quickest (15,000-18,000 mi)and are the worst for rain. Okay in light to moderate rain but hydroplane more quickly than the others. Price wise, the PS2's are by far the most expensive. The Rival and F1's are similarly priced. Mmmmm what to do?
Well having had my hands on ralphs rivals i will vote for them.... He offered to let me throw them on my car rims and all today but just could not bring myself to do it. Just too much to go wrong and ruin one if his brand new tires or something.. Kinda wish i would have cause now ill never know, unless i get some 18's and put some on then.
converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
nrr8865
 
nrr8865's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 263
My best run on Sunday. 57.25
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #25
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,314
Nice time. Looks like you were barely trying due to all the water. Some nice big puddles right in the middle if the corners and transitions. I should develope a snorkel for our cars so we can run when the track is underwater. How did that CAI hold up for ya? Better than the last I bet.

Last edited by mp51998; 09-08-2013 at 11:52 PM.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.