Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #3537
Gigachip
Yea...

Drives: Depends on game
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
We forgot all about the car show! We spent most of Sat. looking at and test driving new vehicles. Ended up trading her ford sport trac in on an 09 wangler unlimited rubicon. She is happy, had wanted one for awhile now.
As far as Hudsons goes, we were talking about going there tomorow. That is if she gets off of work on time. Don't know if anyone else can make it or not.
if you don't mind the added company, if you two do end up going just shoot me or my sister a pm and we'll try to make it
no promises because it is friday night
Old 04-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3538
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
What's up true believers lol
Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #3539
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
We are going to head to Hudson's tonight for anyone interested in joining us. We should be there around 7-7:30
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #3540
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
We are going to head to Hudson's tonight for anyone interested in joining us. We should be there around 7-7:30
Wish we could go, but I haven't fixed the 2010 yet, maybe I will check out a few websites and see if I can get insurance on one of the other camaros. That or just drive down and check things out.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #3541
IsaacRN

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
I was a bit surprised how slow the boards seem. I ordered a C.A.I from Apex motors. I went with the C.A.I. Inc version. I don't own a tool to save my life. Hopefully I get the part by tomorrow.
IsaacRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #3542
Gigachip
Yea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacRN View Post
I was a bit surprised how slow the boards seem. I ordered a C.A.I from Apex motors. I went with the C.A.I. Inc version. I don't own a tool to save my life. Hopefully I get the part by tomorrow.
the boards go on/off at times. You should go to hudsons tonight
Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #3543
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Well hate to report but there are not any cars here. Don't know if too early in season or what, but we are here and going to eat.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #3544
Gigachip
Yea...

Quote:
Well hate to report but there are not any cars here. Don't know if too early in season or what, but we are here and going to eat.
It was fun getting together with you two this Friday Night
Hope y'all have a safe trip this weekend
Old 04-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #3545
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
It was awesome seeing u guys again.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #3546
IsaacRN

I was wondering if you all changed your differential fluid at 1500 miles like I'm reading on the boards. I had planned on changing the oil at 5k, and didn't realize the differential would be "suggested" so soon. I really don't feel like driving out to Rudolph this week, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #3547
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
I was wondering if you all changed your differential fluid at 1500 miles like I'm reading on the boards. I had planned on changing the oil at 5k, and didn't realize the differential would be "suggested" so soon. I really don't feel like driving out to Rudolph this week, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.
I changed mine, it was a little after that, but I definatly recommend doing it that soon, as mine was dirtier than I would've liked to see. It's super easy, and I went to Royal Purple, I can notice that it seems quite a bit smoother too.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 04-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #3548
IsaacRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
I changed mine, it was a little after that, but I definatly recommend doing it that soon, as mine was dirtier than I would've liked to see. It's super easy, and I went to Royal Purple, I can notice that it seems quite a bit smoother too.
Do you just tell the dealer, I want all the fluids changed? I don't know a great deal about cars, other than what I'm learning on this board. Do I tell him to make sure to change the differential, or is there some sort of "package" i should ask for in replacing fluids?

On a side note, If i change it at 2k, I think I'm going to change it all again at 5k, so that I can get on a 5k rotation with the motor oil.

I NEED A MENTOR...haha.

Thanks guys!!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #3549
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Do you just tell the dealer, I want all the fluids changed? I don't know a great deal about cars, other than what I'm learning on this board. Do I tell him to make sure to change the differential, or is there some sort of "package" i should ask for in replacing fluids?

On a side note, If i change it at 2k, I think I'm going to change it all again at 5k, so that I can get on a 5k rotation with the motor oil.

I NEED A MENTOR...haha.

Thanks guys!!
You probably just have to tell them exactly what you want, they may have a package, but im not sure I rarely go to a dealer unless it is a warranty issue.

Im not sure how often the manual says to change the diff fluid, but it's not like the motor oil that can get a lot of contaminants in it. Once the rear end is broke in I would just go with the factory recommended intervals.

504hp/478tq
Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #3550
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
i know its dumb but do automatic have differential fluids to change
Old 04-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #3551
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
i know its dumb but do automatic have differential fluids to change
Yes sir, the differential or rear end is the same as the manuals.

504hp/478tq
Old 04-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #3552
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

If you all are interested, when I finally get my rear diffuser in, I wouldn't mind having an install/work on cars BBQ or get together.

It really takes all of about 10 minutes to change the diff fluid. There is a drain plug on the bottom and a fill plug toward the top. All they take is a 3/8 rachet and 1 quart of gear oil. I think the Royal Purple was about $20 a quart and the mobil 1 was about $10 a quart. No telling what a dealer will charge to change the fluid.

504hp/478tq
Old 04-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #3553
Gigachip
Yea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
If you all are interested, when I finally get my rear diffuser in, I wouldn't mind having an install/work on cars BBQ or get together.
Sounds like an interesting idea

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001