Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #5201
Gigachip
Yea...
 
Gigachip's Avatar
 
Drives: Depends on game
Join Date: May 2010
Location: My Computer
Posts: 10,509
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hey everyone, how are all of ya doin'? Just wanted to touch base with you guys...and gals, about my lack of communication the past 2 weeks. I am terribly sorry about not responding back to your texts or calls, and despite what some of you cats heard or asked about, I did not get in an accident and totaled the Camaro. That was some other random fool with a black SS here in Cruces.

The reason I havn't responded is mostly due because...(dramatic pause)...I finally got the job with Dona Ana County that I had applied for a few months back! I received the offer on Tuesday of last week and was getting stuff taken cared of such as checking out of my status and information with my previous company and Fort Bliss, going to the banks to discuss extensions in payments for my bills till I get full paychecks (YAY!), and attending orientations all this week. In fact I'll be completing my last set of orientations and seminars out in the Dirty Querque this weekend. Unfortunately that means I'll be missing Ryan and Tammy's wedding, but it's for something that I have been looking for in a job for over 3 years. It's full-time, no year to year contract bs, the benefits unbelievable, and it's only a 17 mile/20min drive from where I live, so no more $300-$350 a month on gas, no more using 1/4 tank of gas a day, and goodbye hour long commutes one way!

Louis, sorry to say man, but with me being in Cruces and not getting off until 5PM means I won't be able to join you guys at Hudson's on Friday. The plus side though, I'M STICKING AROUND HERE A LOT LONGER EVERYONE I really would like to say thank you all here with Camaro5 for all of your support and positive words during the past few months, you cats and kittens mean the world to me. And just because I have a job again, DOES NOT mean I am covering the tabs!

Cheers!

good to hear you're doing great
__________________
Gigachip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #5202
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,085
No problem Charlie, glad to hear your doing ok, got me thinking something happened, but if you make it to hudsons we will be there most of the night..
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #5203
garfield1969
Garfield Special
 
garfield1969's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: El Paso
Posts: 117
Congrats Bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hey everyone, how are all of ya doin'? Just wanted to touch base with you guys...and gals, about my lack of communication the past 2 weeks. I am terribly sorry about not responding back to your texts or calls, and despite what some of you cats heard or asked about, I did not get in an accident and totaled the Camaro. That was some other random fool with a black SS here in Cruces.

The reason I havn't responded is mostly due because...(dramatic pause)...I finally got the job with Dona Ana County that I had applied for a few months back! I received the offer on Tuesday of last week and was getting stuff taken cared of such as checking out of my status and information with my previous company and Fort Bliss, going to the banks to discuss extensions in payments for my bills till I get full paychecks (YAY!), and attending orientations all this week. In fact I'll be completing my last set of orientations and seminars out in the Dirty Querque this weekend. Unfortunately that means I'll be missing Ryan and Tammy's wedding, but it's for something that I have been looking for in a job for over 3 years. It's full-time, no year to year contract bs, the benefits unbelievable, and it's only a 17 mile/20min drive from where I live, so no more $300-$350 a month on gas, no more using 1/4 tank of gas a day, and goodbye hour long commutes one way!

Louis, sorry to say man, but with me being in Cruces and not getting off until 5PM means I won't be able to join you guys at Hudson's on Friday. The plus side though, I'M STICKING AROUND HERE A LOT LONGER EVERYONE I really would like to say thank you all here with Camaro5 for all of your support and positive words during the past few months, you cats and kittens mean the world to me. And just because I have a job again, DOES NOT mean I am covering the tabs!

Cheers!

Charlie I am so glad that your going to something way better, I know the feeling about commuting, I did when I lived in the Austin San Antonio area, it was hell, to deal with traffic in San Antonio at 5 in the morning then dealing with Austin traffic again and you know Austin is the worst. So don't worry, it is what is best for you, I am behind you 100 percent and its all good bro!!!!
garfield1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #5204
rrubio
 
rrubio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 527
Congrats Charlie!
__________________
rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #5205
Sabot
 
Sabot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 81
Congrats Charlie...and just to let everybody know the TAB comment doesn't include me
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #5206
Boricua
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 226
I'm glad for you Charlie. God will keep blessing you my friend. I will try to make it to Hudsons.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #5207
Boricua
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 226
1le, in here. I parked in the first canopy. 9154226566
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #5208
Aguilar
 
Aguilar's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 58
Drinks on Charlie!

Boricua, donde es el show? I just got back from work.
Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #5209
jose1003

 
jose1003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 989
Lee Trevino and trawood, boricua dying low on battery we still here
__________________
jose1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #5210
Aguilar
 
Aguilar's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 58
I showed up and walked around, but left shortly due to my wife nagging. Long cruise around EP and tomorrow wake up early to go to Arroyo Seco for their Superlap day.
Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #5211
MR.Mean
 
Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 340
Hey there guys most of you guys know me as MR.Mean but my name is David Salas and im a proud owner of two camaros a 1994 camaro Z28 and my 2012 camaro 2 SS/RS a few saw at the wheels of deams car show any ways i thought i post this in here because im moving to el paso TX so just giving a heads up that way we can all meet up and adding another member to your guys crew if thats ok with you guys
__________________
MR.Mean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #5212
Boricua
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 226
Your welcome, let us know when you arrive to el Paso. Hopefully we could get together fire the next Hudson car show. Our just to eat something. Take care.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #5213
So Smooth
 
So Smooth's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2LS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW
Posts: 338
congrats charlie! its not esy getting in there .when we celebratin?
__________________
MRT V2.0 | VMax CNC Ported TB | BMR 1.25" drop springs | Staggered 22x9/10.5 Limited Edition Black Giovanna Dalar 5 Wheels | MGP Calipers | Spyder LED Crystal Headlights | Blinglights Dual Color Foglights | Gun Smoke tail, side markers, reverse light tint | 5% Tint all around
So Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #5214
MR.Mean
 
Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
Your welcome, let us know when you arrive to el Paso. Hopefully we could get together fire the next Hudson car show. Our just to eat something. Take care.
Thanks boricua ill keep you guys up to date when i get there that way we can go cruse or something see you guys soon
__________________
MR.Mean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #5215
jose1003

 
jose1003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 989
Yo Charlie congrats on your new job,

Well doing the numbers with the 500 dollars saving I see a z28
__________________
jose1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #5216
xfactors
 
xfactors's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2LT vette
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
, and it's only a 17 mile/20min drive from where I live, so no more $300-$350 a month on gas, no more using 1/4 tank of gas a day, and goodbye hour long commutes one way!
Congratulations on the new job Charlie. Gee, with the job I have, I have to commute 566 miles each day, and the vehicle I drive only gets 4 miles to the gallon. Thank gosh I don't have to pay for the fuel. This commuting stuff is getting old, though. San Antonio - El Paso, San Antonio - El Paso....it just never ends.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #5217
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,085
Take the camaro, better gas mileage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Congratulations on the new job Charlie. Gee, with the job I have, I have to commute 566 miles each day, and the vehicle I drive only gets 4 miles to the gallon. Thank gosh I don't have to pay for the fuel. This commuting stuff is getting old, though. San Antonio - El Paso, San Antonio - El Paso....it just never ends.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #5218
Boricua
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 226
Hello guys. Hope everybody is doing great. Charles how is your first week going? Glad for you my friend.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #5219
SSPUNISHER
 
SSPUNISHER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Join Date: May 2013
Location: El Paso
Posts: 93
looking for Camaro club in el paso

Hey everyone how are you all. So I just trade my 2012 v6 camaro for a 2013 ass Camaro. I'm over in afghan and when I get home want to meet up with fellow brothers of the Camaro family. Can anyone let me know how to get a hold of anyone or a Camaro club.
SSPUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #5220
Boricua
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 226
Take care out there, when you arrive to El Paso, contact us here in the forum. Charlie1 is the main guy that set up the gatherings. We usually get together from time to time. Some are from here and others from Las Cruces, Alamogordo etc. everybody is awesome.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #5221
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,085
Stay safe brother, we will be here when you return, and thank you for your service.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #5222
SSPUNISHER
 
SSPUNISHER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Join Date: May 2013
Location: El Paso
Posts: 93
Thanks guy.... Well I should be home in Nov. for good. But maybe sooner on R/R. Hope to hit the drags... Does anyone know anything about the ram air intake that they make for the camaro? Is it better then a Cold Air Intake from K&N. I have always used K&N, but saw this new intake and wonder if its better. I got link from here on forums for that intake.
SSPUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #5223
SSPUNISHER
 
SSPUNISHER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Join Date: May 2013
Location: El Paso
Posts: 93
Hey looking for good chip, exhaust, and intake for 2013 SS Camaro. Anyone have any suggestions?
__________________
SSPUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #5224
SSPUNISHER
 
SSPUNISHER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Join Date: May 2013
Location: El Paso
Posts: 93
Trying to learn how to put picture on signature. So forgive me on the post.
__________________
SSPUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #5225
jose1003

 
jose1003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 989
I suggest not getting a chip, if you plan on upgrading your engine with bolt on or super charge, your better of getting a tune,
Ram air its better than K&n if you're gonna waste money get an adm, ram air, etc. you would be paying the same amount of money but more HP, people have many suggestions but a colds air intake enclosed keeps your filter cool, for a longer period of time than open ones
__________________
jose1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South East Camaro5 Chapter Meet GTAHVIT USA - Southeast 238 05-25-2010 04:01 PM
What VIN is yours? UCF w00t Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 346 03-29-2010 05:55 PM
Laws Protecting Consumers for Aftermarket Parts strauchpete Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 9 01-17-2010 08:31 AM
IMPORTANT Part 1 Warranty Disputes Zeus Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 11 08-25-2009 11:37 AM
Pre-packaged chap11, sounds like a good plan Design1stCode2nd General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 2 11-26-2008 10:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.