Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

KP Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #3605
IsaacRN

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
I was wondering if anyone here has the whole Adam's package for polishing with the Porter Cable. I am really thinking about picking it up.
IsaacRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #3606
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
YUP! Anything Adam's is totally worth the cash.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #3607
IsaacRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
YUP! Anything Adam's is totally worth the cash.

How in depth do you get with detailing? I see on Adam's forums there are a few people in El Paso that use the products, but their posting activity there is non existent at this time. Im debating doing the work myself vs paying for a detail.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #3608
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

If ya want brotha, I can go and show ya one of these up coming weeks. However be warned that you will be spending about 6-7hrs. to swirl remove, polish and wax, but the final results make you shed a tear on how clean it looks. What products are you thinking of purchasing? I myself and a few other of the members here purchased about $300 worth of products.

Here's what I do:
1.) Adam's Clay Bar w/Detail Spray. You will need the spray to use as a lubricant.
2.) Adam's Swirl remover with porter.
3.) Adam's Wax with porter.
4.) Adam's Polish with porter.
You will also need the detail spray to use as a lubricant for the polishes.
The polishing and removing the swirled should take about 3-4hrs and I am not joking. You will have to be very patient and careful as you can remove the clearcoat with the porter if left on a certain spot for too long. From there you begin to get into the All Purpose Detail Spray, Wheel clear and etc. It just all depends on nice you want your Camaro to look.
What color is your ride?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #3609
IsaacRN

I would really appreciate that. My only problem is that it would have to be during the week, as I work weekends. I am more than willing to go out to Cruces as well, my brother lives out there. I have been watching videos where people are saying its pretty hard to damage the paint with the Porter Cable. The flex on the other hand is pretty dangerous..haha

I was actually thinking of going with the whole porter cable premier kit. Might as well get almost everything at once.

My car color is the Ashen Gray. It does have one fender scratch, that I am thinking won't come out with polishing.

I would love to take you up on the offer
Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #3610
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

That wouldn't be a problem as I work out at Fort Bliss, so I can just meet you somewhere and help ya out during the. I tend to try to find things to do to keep me occupied so I wouldn't be any trouble at all.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #3611
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Hey is anybody heading out to the enduro tonight? Theres also supposed to be some big 2 day drag racing event out at arroyo seco.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #3612
seelyj

Drives: 2010 Black Chevy Camaro 2ss
Hey guys whats up. So I will prolly be back in El paso the first weekish of June for vaca. If any of you might want to get together. When it gets closer I'll post the dates on this forum
seelyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #3613
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Hey is anybody heading out to the enduro tonight? Theres also supposed to be some big 2 day drag racing event out at arroyo seco.
Sound interesting, anymore details?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #3614
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroboy2001 View Post
Sound interesting, anymore details?
Well the enduro was a 200 lap race at the dirt track out at the fairgrounds. Basically you can take any car and put a roll cage in it and race.

The drags are also going on tomorrow out at Arroyo Seco which is over by Deming. It is bracket racing, so basically who ever can run the closest to the time they designate without going faster wins.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #3615
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Quote:
Well the enduro was a 200 lap race at the dirt track out at the fairgrounds. Basically you can take any car and put a roll cage in it and race.
The drags are also going on tomorrow out at Arroyo Seco which is over by Deming. It is bracket racing, so basically who ever can run the closest to the time they designate without going faster wins.
I kinda want to check out arroyo seco today
Old 04-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #3616
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

By the way a little update on my car situation, it should be sold this weekend if not tuesday. I can't find any decent 4th gen z28s here, but I found a black 01 gt with fr500s rims, lowered, ported.5.4 heads, o/r bassani xpipe with pypes m80 exhaust. And its a 5 speed, I'm trying to be patient to find a ls1..
Old 04-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #3617
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
By the way a little update on my car situation, it should be sold this weekend if not tuesday. I can't find any decent 4th gen z28s here, but I found a black 01 gt with fr500s rims, lowered, ported.5.4 heads, o/r bassani xpipe with pypes m80 exhaust. And its a 5 speed, I'm trying to be patient to find a ls1..
There has been quite a few for sale up by Albuquerque on craigslist.

504hp/478tq
Old 04-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #3618
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
ROADTRIP!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #3619
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Quote:
Yea but they are either asking wayyy to much for it or its not a stick.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #3620
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Yea but they are either asking wayyy to much for it or its not a stick.
A lot of them are overpriced, but I have forund a few that are reasonable, I don't know your price range, but if I see any that look decent I will let you know. I am actually gonna be checking out a trans-am up there later this week.

504hp/478tq
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #3621
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Quote:
A lot of them are overpriced, but I have forund a few that are reasonable, I don't know your price range, but if I see any that look decent I will let you know. I am actually gonna be checking out a trans-am up there later this week.
For sure! If I don't find anything by Friday, I'm all in for the gt..

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001