Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #201
paulsandhu
Puth Sardaran Da!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
WOW.... how come I haven't seen this car rolling around Surrey yet?
Arrival Date: July 2, 2009

Project GHOST: The Member Car Journal

Follow me on Twitter @realPaulSandhu
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #202
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'm sorry to say, but with all that was going on leading up to the fest, I never saw this thread and your build. The first time I saw your INCREDIBLE Camaro was at the fest. You were flying around the track and I was literally like

WTH WAS THAT!?!?

I watched you run it around a few more times and I finally got a chance to go and see it in the car show area. I had run around the lot a few times and we were missing a bunch of cars I saw earlier that I wanted to get a closer look at....

....then I saw it....

after walking up, I KNEW this was something more than special. One of the first aspects of the car that jumped out at me (besides all of it...lmao) was the rear spoiler and how the back quarters rolled into the spoiler itself. I couldn't figure out how you did the spoiler, what type of spoiler it was, if it came that way, etc. I figured it had to be custom work since the quarters rolled into it. no way anyone is going to sell a spoiler complete like that. But, I looked and knew there was work.

Of course, the carbon fiber popped out at me and I LOVED the wheels. Then there was this hole in the hood with this shiny thing??..lol. Yeah, it became pretty obvious to me this was a special car.

And you want to know one of the funniest things about this whole shindig along with picking your car for my favorite?

I never liked yellow.

HA!

I was never a big fan of the yellow Camaro. Sorry...it never did anything for me. I even ranked it last when I partook in the GM questionaire. But then I saw yours and I was thinking, "why do I like this so much???...it's YELLOW!" But it's freaking SICK!

But it was GORGEOUS! I don't know what it is/was...but that combination of everything you did is pure awesomeness...

I can only imagine the amount of people that want to get a picture of your car everywhere you go and also all the people that continue to stare. You did a fantastic job on picking everything and the others guys here in your build did a fantastic job at putting it all together.

Congratulations on such an awesome build. I only hope that one day I get to play around and have fun like you did with your Camaro!

Yes, I second that. Incredible car in person !! Fantastic workmanship and fabrication.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #203
Rickerbucks

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Thanks a million gents. Coning from two folks like you...a real compliment.

I have been very pleased with the way the car has ended up. We have a few items we need to finish up but I have to give Iggy a lot of credit for the very subtle details that only a trained eye will catch - such as that detail on the fender. He also custom made some laminated CF Camaro fender badges.

The CF roof and trunk have some deficiencies that Iggy wants to get perfect (next winter) BUT....we have also chatted about him making a mold from the custom made trunk and mass producing the truck / spoiler. Perhaps in CF.

Iggy created the colour and I have to say it really is a great contrast for the CF work.

Once again, thanks for the compliment of your award...thanks to both of you for the kind words here and I hope we can spend more time together at CF3.

Shaun

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock as all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #204
Rickerbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
WOW.... how come I haven't seen this car rolling around Surrey yet?
We certainly will have to change that.

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #205
paulsandhu
Puth Sardaran Da!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
We certainly will have to change that.
Awesome. I'm hoping to get mine out soon to join you.
Arrival Date: July 2, 2009

Project GHOST: The Member Car Journal

Follow me on Twitter @realPaulSandhu
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #206
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Absolutely....TOTALLY WORTHY!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #207
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

and then some!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #208
brada

Drives: CGM SS 6spd manual
We are just correcting a few things on the car. Shaun will be rolling it all summer.. .. so will I.
Im gonna start modding mine now.... LOOK OUT !! ...LOL
brada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #209
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brada View Post
We are just correcting a few things on the car. Shaun will be rolling it all summer.. .. so will I.
Im gonna start modding mine now.... LOOK OUT !! ...LOL
SWEET!

We expect a build thread! Can't want to see what you are going to do to yours!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #210
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
This might be a stupid question, but did you have your roof completely redone or did you just wrap it carbonfiber? Car looks great.
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #211
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
I love the way your car turned out. Everything was done to perfection. Wish I had the money to do mine at one shot. I will have to settle on it taking a couple years. Love the Yenko stripe. Awesome Camaro
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #212
Rickerbucks

I got some track time at Mission raceway on Monday. Car ran well.... got to listen to the car from the otside as well.... sounds freaking GREAT from the outside.
Attached Images

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
Old 07-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #213
Rickerbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
This might be a stupid question, but did you have your roof completely redone or did you just wrap it carbonfiber? Car looks great.
This is CF hand laid over the stock roof. However, it did not work out as well as we expected so it will have to be stripped off as Iggy tries again over the next winter.

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #214
hardestysa
Creator/Bad Vibe & ZBLUES

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I like your stripes and your car is amazing.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #215
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

THIS needs to be made into a POSTER!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #216
brada

Drives: CGM SS 6spd manual
A QUICK RENDER
Attached Images

brada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #217
Rickerbucks

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #218
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Nice work!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #219
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Nice work!

Nice driving!

Love the LURCHING of the engine as you get on it. VERY cool how you can see the engine moving through the hood like that. I am surprised at how much the engine moves, though...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #220
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nice driving!

Love the LURCHING of the engine as you get on it. VERY cool how you can see the engine moving through the hood like that. I am surprised at how much the engine moves, though...
Cool EH! Love the Gopro!

Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #221
Rickerbucks

Hey Doug.... I guess that what they mean by "torgue".

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
Old 07-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #222
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I suppose that's how frames get twisted, huh!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #223
Rickerbucks

So it has been a long time since an update. Custom work means custom problems and the car spent the winter in the shop. The yellow kevlar on the fuel rail covers peeled off. I guess the heat was an issue. The Kevlar was laid on the aluminum roto fab covers but obviously did not work. Iggy has plans on building custom, 100% CF rail covers but in the meantime I think I'll just paint them. Had the same problem for the interior strip that runs across the dash. I'm still not sure how we are going to address that.

The carbon fiber work on the hood and trunk proved to be a problem. Something went wrong and the CF has to be stripped off the roof. When we do it this time, Iggy hope to have access to a vacuum forming process that should solve the problem. For the trunk he has plans of using the current trunk as a mold for a 100% CF piece. This will be a FABULOUS piece if he is indeed able to get it done.

The Knight rider lights were not working at the end of last year. We found that the wiring had rubbed through on the end of the light, on the inside. This does seem to be a structure issue. We have attempted to repair it and see if it works. I had one of the early production pieces and I do like it so hopefully it will work again.

I have had some problems with the Savini wheels. They are aware of the problem and I'm waiting for their response but I'm getting a little grumpy how long this is taking for a response. The yellow paint chips off EASILY. They have just painted over chrome and it just flakes off.

I have another more serious concern on the wheels but I won't say anymore until I find out there position on my problem.

Then I need to get some oil based factory yellow paint. The car was painted in this paint BUT... ran out and cannot get it anymore in BC. Iggy had to use the water based paint for the stripes BUT....there is a slight difference in colour. Thus I have to try and source some of the oil paint in the US and 'smuggle' it across the border.

The the meantime... I bought my wife a 2010 Yellow Challenger SRT ... which she LOVES. Tells me it needs more power though. What a girl..... off to Davenport we go.

I pulled out the three year old Alpine head unit to put in my pick up truck (and the unit was promptly stolen about a week later from the S10) and need to get a new unit for the Camaro. Going to install one of these "Mirror link" units as soon as thy come out.

From August to about Nov last year my Dad and I stripped and repainted my yellow S10 with the same paint scheme as the Camaro. That was fun. Wet sanded the paint and it was the first time we had ever done anything like this. Iggy provided us direction but we did most of the work at his shop.

I also got a 2009 BMW K1300R. Too many toys to play with.

However I do have chore to address. I have to sell my 383 ATI D1 blown convertible 1997 WS6 Trans Am.

2014 Jeep SRT - stock
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #224
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Holy crap, that's an update!

Don't know where to start.

Sorry to hear about the CF issues. I'm looking forward to seeing how the trunk lid pans out. Too bad it flows into the body panels the way it does. Y'all could probably sell a bunch of them if they flowed into the side panels w/out having to fab up the panels.

Stinks about the wheels... In all honesty, I don't think I've ever heard anything good about Savinis.

Tough on the paint too. Jeez...not a whole lot going your way.

can't wait to see how it all turns out, though. I know it's going to be sweet!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #225
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
I have had some problems with the Savini wheels. They are aware of the problem and I'm waiting for their response but I'm getting a little grumpy how long this is taking for a response. The yellow paint chips off EASILY. They have just painted over chrome and it just flakes off.

I have another more serious concern on the wheels but I won't say anymore until I find out there position on my problem.
Par for the course with Savini.

Savini wheels are meant to be parked and looked at. NOT driven on.

I have pics of my paint flaking just as you described. One wheel had approx. a third of the paint missing when I sold them. The chrome is FLAWLESS underneath so no way was paint going to stick. Savini is a sorry company.

But I'm guessing your other issue is holding air or vibration. They might get them right but YOU will be paying for it. On way or another. Good luck with them. I really hope you can get the issue straight. I know 3 others on here who will vouch that they are over-rated. Pretty. But over-rated.

My Forgelines are being made. Can't wait to erase all things Savini from my car.