Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
cbrniner

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Need Help !!! Magnaflow Exhaust

Okay I installed an Axle Back Comp Exhaust on the camaro , started up while still on the Jack stands to hear it and water dripping out of 2 of the joints ....What do I need to do ....Please help

Ive tightened up pretty good ...so what did I do wrong ???
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
strobi
MJ STROH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LTRS
try the U clamps instead....they usually seal tighter, and you can crank them down more..and make sure your pipe is inside the joint by at least a half inch.....If I remmber correctly...there are some slots in one of the pipes..make sure they are well up into the other pipe and put the clamps forward of those slots

Sometimes it takes a little time for them to seal, run it for a while and see if it dissapears, if not, take it down to the muffler shop and have it welded
strobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
cbrniner

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobi View Post
try the U clamps instead....they usually seal tighter, and you can crank them down more..and make sure your pipe is inside the joint by at least a half inch.....If I remmber correctly...there are some slots in one of the pipes..make sure they are well up into the other pipe and put the clamps forward of those slots

Sometimes it takes a little time for them to seal, run it for a while and see if it dissapears, if not, take it down to the muffler shop and have it welded
I didnt get the U Clamps ....ill run it tonight for a bit see if cooling and heating takes care of it , if not off to the muffler shop and have it welded