Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
mscaggs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
A Visit to "Nickey's of Chicago"

Hello Camaro Lovers,

I had the honor of paying a visit to Nickey’s of Chicago last night and all I can say is WOW! First of all, everyone there was some of nicest folks you could ever meet. Stefano the owner was really accommodating and very much in tune with what they do at Nickey’s. Everything was completely first class. We walked through all the Camaros on the floor and talked about all the different stage kits that Nickey’s is famous for. OMG, I was in heaven. Their Camaros and packages were amazing to put it lightly. I heard an LS3 that you would swear was a big block 427! It really did sound that good… Absolutely the place I will take my 2SS when the time is right. If you guys are looking for a place to do some incredible upgrades to your Camaro, you should give these guys a hard look before you make a final decision.

Finally, if you are looking for a real Yenko, Copos, or maybe a midyear Corvette, Stefano’s cars are perfect and the real deal. Everything is 100% first classYou won’t find a clone at Nickey’s. Bring your wallet :o)

Cheers
Mike / Nashville
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Mike, You are quite right. Nickey is a first class operation that strives to do everything right. We thoroughly enjoy working them on all their projects.

Nick
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
X-treme Horsepower

Drives: 2010 LSX Shootout World AM Finalist
great guys over there first class!
X-treme Horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
mscaggs isn't Stefano's place FUN?!?!?!? I have a ball every time I vistit.

Did the camaro you heard sound like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
So I ventured up to Nickey Chevy today to see in person the Black and Red Stage III that Stefano posted about here. It looks even better in person.

While I was there I got to meet some relatives of Fred Gibbs as they were planning for their Fred Gibbs Camaro. (Stefano will be posting more about this at a later date.) I had a wonderful lunch with them, Stefano, his wife and Tom who keeps all the awesome cars in their warehouse running.

After looking at the Black/red Stage III I noticed a Cyber Grey Stage II. Beth originally fired it up for me to demonstrate the exhaust cut outs but later Stefano fired it up for the camera. Below is that video.

I got a little excited and you can hear me giggling in the beginning. What an INCREDIBLE sound.

In the background you can see the RJT which will under go the Fred Gibbs treatment soon. In the far background on the left is the Nickey Stage III Serial #1 on the lift while another yellow one is on the right. (I don't know the Serial # of that one)

What an incredible afternoon.

T.
KILLER74Z28 If you do a search there a a lot of Nickey's Camaro's posted up on this site, this is one of my favs. You can check out his site nickeychicago.net.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:01 AM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
mscaggs isn't Stefano's place FUN?!?!?!? I have a ball every time I vistit.

Did the camaro you heard sound like this?

KILLER74Z28 If you do a search there a a lot of Nickey's Camaro's posted up on this site, this is one of my favs. You can check out his site nickeychicago.net.

T.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
66DeuceLS1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS SIM M6 Hockey Kit
Anyone know the specs on the camshaft that they are using? That baby sounds wicked!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
That is a proprietary cam which we have custom ground for us by Comp Cams.

We do sell the Cam and CNC heads as a package.

Is is the basis for our 600hp Stage II Naturally aspirated Nickey Camaros.

Thanks for all the compliments, glad everyone had fun.

I still crack-up every time I hear T-Bone giggling on that video.

Mike stop by anytime.....we saved a spot for you!
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
i got my tvs2300 from them and they where great to deal with. i even got a call from them last week just to make sure i was happy with the service and product. oh the best price i could find also.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote