Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
new_camaro
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: tennessee
Posts: 5
2010 Camaro Stereo System

I own 2010 Camaro with the stock stereo system. When I first got it, I was like aww this sounds pretty good. Then, I stepped into my mother's (who also has one) and hers has the boston speakers. At first I was like, this is over kill (in my mind) Then when I got back to my home state, and got back into my car, I was like my sound system sucks.


Moral of the story, I'm wanting to upgrade and maybe install two 10" or 12" subs. Does anyone have suggestions on what to put in, or where to pay someone to do it? I live in the Tennessee area. Any guides on the specific 2010 camaro?

Last edited by new_camaro; 04-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.
new_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin
 
Racer-X's Avatar
 
Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 680
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
depending on where in TN tullahoma there is Radioactive Ask for Chad.

in Dickson there is Stereo One.
__________________
Bryan

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
subthump
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
I was in the same boat as you, a little different story. I'm going to help you out a lot right now. First question to ask, is there a set price limit? Also if your adding subwoofers, your going to want to put new speakers in, since the speakers don't go very loud at all, the bass will drown it out. Also if you want to put two 12" subwoofers, your going to need to do a custom box. Or your can order one from steve@ subthump. And depending on what type of music you listen to, if it is rap, you are going to want a ported box. Which I really wish steve sold, but he doesn't. But if you don't listen to rap, you are fine with going with Steve's box. It is a very clean look. And in my opinion is beautiful, but since I listen to rap, I couldn't buy it since it is a sealed box, not ported. But you should be able to fit two 10" subs, in a ported or a sealed box without a doubt. Steve's boxes can fit up to three 10 inches or up to two 12 inches. So once again, if you don't want a ported box, go with subthump.com because most boxes will be around $100, and for paying $50 bucks more for Steve's box, is definitely worth it for the clean look.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
King T

 
King T's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,139
Where are you located? I'm in Nashville. The Boston Acoustics system was good but I pulled it out and went all JL Audio.
-C5 Component tweeters (replaced tweeters in the upper doors)
-C5 650x 2-way Coaxials/with crossover (replaced door speakers
-TR690-TXi 3-way speakers (for the rear deck)
-and JL Audio G4500 500W 4 Channel amp

The difference IS night and day! My whole system still looks stock and the amp is hidden away on the side just like the factory amp. The only thing now is that I need a sub. Might do the JL Audio Stealthbox, or if I want a W7 go with the Subthump.
__________________
King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
Where are you located? I'm in Nashville. The Boston Acoustics system was good but I pulled it out and went all JL Audio.
-C5 Component tweeters (replaced tweeters in the upper doors)
-C5 650x 2-way Coaxials/with crossover (replaced door speakers
-TR690-TXi 3-way speakers (for the rear deck)
-and JL Audio G4500 500W 4 Channel amp

The difference IS night and day! My whole system still looks stock and the amp is hidden away on the side just like the factory amp. The only thing now is that I need a sub. Might do the JL Audio Stealthbox, or if I want a W7 go with the Subthump.
Nice items

Most of my install appears to be stock as well.

Here is what we are running...

Pair of 12 inch Subs Hertz High Energy HX300D
Pair of Hertz High Energy HT25 Tweets - Installed in the OEM place but tilted
Pair of Hertz High Energy HV165L 6.5 inch mids Installed in the doors with a custom wooden spacer.
Pair of Hertz 6x9
Audison Lrx 2.9 Amp 900 watts
KS Arc 4 channel 300.4
Metra Double Din
Pioneer 4200DVD
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
Where are you located? I'm in Nashville. The Boston Acoustics system was good but I pulled it out and went all JL Audio.
-C5 Component tweeters (replaced tweeters in the upper doors)
-C5 650x 2-way Coaxials/with crossover (replaced door speakers
-TR690-TXi 3-way speakers (for the rear deck)
-and JL Audio G4500 500W 4 Channel amp

The difference IS night and day! My whole system still looks stock and the amp is hidden away on the side just like the factory amp. The only thing now is that I need a sub. Might do the JL Audio Stealthbox, or if I want a W7 go with the Subthump.
Do NOT go w7 man, its a waste of money, it all sound quality. Get a w6 or what I have and would reccomend is w3's.

Heres my system.

JL Audio C2's front
JL Audio c2's rear
Rockford Fosgate R400-1 4 channel amp
Rockford Fosgate T500-1 2 channel
2 JL w3v3's in a custom ported box.

Sounds Incredible, but nothing compared to my brothers dodge magnum
C5's all around
not sure of his amps, I know there all Rockford Fosgate
2 15" w0
His extremely hard
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
and forgot to add I put Rockford tweeters in also
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
King T

 
King T's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Nice items

Most of my install appears to be stock as well.

Here is what we are running...

Pair of 12 inch Subs Hertz High Energy HX300D
Pair of Hertz High Energy HT25 Tweets - Installed in the OEM place but tilted
Pair of Hertz High Energy HV165L 6.5 inch mids Installed in the doors with a custom wooden spacer.
Pair of Hertz 6x9
Audison Lrx 2.9 Amp 900 watts
KS Arc 4 channel 300.4
Metra Double Din
Pioneer 4200DVD
Hertz is good stuff too! It was between Hertz and JL Audio for me also. JL BARELY got the nod from me, but both are great speakers.

How are you liking the Metra Double Din? Still thinking about getting one myself.
__________________
King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
Hertz is good stuff too! It was between Hertz and JL Audio for me also. JL BARELY got the nod from me, but both are great speakers.

How are you liking the Metra Double Din? Still thinking about getting one myself.
Thanks

I just posted photos of it installed...Looks good. Can not wait to hear it!!
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
King T

 
King T's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Do NOT go w7 man, its a waste of money, it all sound quality. Get a w6 or what I have and would reccomend is w3's.

Heres my system.

JL Audio C2's front
JL Audio c2's rear
Rockford Fosgate R400-1 4 channel amp
Rockford Fosgate T500-1 2 channel
2 JL w3v3's in a custom ported box.

Sounds Incredible, but nothing compared to my brothers dodge magnum
C5's all around
not sure of his amps, I know there all Rockford Fosgate
2 15" w0
His extremely hard
No go on the W7? I agree I do want good sound quality.

I guess I'll be leaning more toward the JL Audio Stealthbox for the Camaro

It contains a 12W6v2

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1639
__________________
King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
Orange5thGen

 
Orange5thGen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Convert
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,057
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen


This is what I am going with! in IOM of course!
__________________
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #13
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
No go on the W7? I agree I do want good sound quality.

I guess I'll be leaning more toward the JL Audio Stealthbox for the Camaro

It contains a 12W6v2

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1639
Another thing is, you could put 2 w3v3's for the price of 1 w7, and the w3's will hit so much harder, and sound way nice. Ya know what I'm saying. Also I wouldn't go with the stealthbox either. Why would you want your sub, on one side of your car?
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Another thing is, you could put 2 w3v3's for the price of 1 w7, and the w3's will hit so much harder, and sound way nice. Ya know what I'm saying. Also I wouldn't go with the stealthbox either. Why would you want your sub, on one side of your car?
The sub on the side is nice for those that want to add a little bass and save space. Not everyone has the $$ or wants to give up that much trunk space.

Some people thing audio is a full waste of money and they are performance.

Everyone is different and CAN NOT WAIT to see what people come up with and I want photos...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
The sub on the side is nice for those that want to add a little bass and save space. Not everyone has the $$ or wants to give up that much trunk space.

Some people thing audio is a full waste of money and they are performance.

Everyone is different and CAN NOT WAIT to see what people come up with and I want photos...
Well he doesn't think its a waste of money, hes willing to buy a w7, I mean come on... hahah. Anyway I would go with one of subthumps boxes if I wanted to save space, like all tucked away in the back. Not on one side, and the stealthbox is ubsurdly wierd looking. And it bulges out.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin
 
Racer-X's Avatar
 
Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 680
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
another great brand to check out is Hybrid Audio Technology.
__________________
Bryan

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.