Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Middle East The Near East

Old 04-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
Sweet Seduction

Drives: Black SS
Kuwait! Camera/Radar Detectors?

So I just got my first ticket and i think its illegal but if anyone knows where someone might find a radar/camera detector locally please pm me.... Thanx My car and my wallet thank u in advance!
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Anwro
Red 2SS

Drives: Camaros
Shop @ amazon store
search for cobra radars

best prices and really works , better than china stuff we get here with high prices ..
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Sweet Seduction

Thanx will look into that!... but doesnt customs open stuff like that??? dont want to spend the time n money just to have it confiscated?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Anwro
Red 2SS

they open everything except books , and with a rip off of 1 kd for each package is open , but with shipping + original price + aramex fees + the 1 kd rip off , still cheaper than here ..
and they don't hold electronics , i ordered one couple moths ago , but not for me , i know where cameras are =)
Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Anwro
Red 2SS

oh i forgot !

you can olso buy a Garmin nuvi device " Navigation system " and download Kuwait full maps equipped the everything , cameras , shortcuts , malls , gas , ma6a3m ..etc.

Devices from Alghanim Xcyte and others comes already with Kuwait map , or you can buy from amazon and download from Kuwaiti forums the 2010 kuwait map, i know a guy who have them New in stock and fix it with everything you need with less than market prices if you want i can pm you his number
Old 04-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Sweet Seduction

il miskila moo il cameras it was a speed trap american style!!! one cop hidden behind bridge n 3 cops ahead to stop u at 7 AM who thought shur6a liq8 lihum khilg that early?? oh well my dumb mistake!!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Anwro
Red 2SS

aha , then go with cobra , it catches 5-os too
Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Camaro_h
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_h
if u have a BB, you can download "Trapster" programme that is voice activated and detects hidden cameras, hidden police cars, red-light cameras, etc.
If you have "GARMIN", theres a camera programme you can download.

If you dont have non of these, then can i have your number?
Camaro_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
Sweet Seduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_h View Post
if u have a BB, you can download "Trapster" programme that is voice activated and detects hidden cameras, hidden police cars, red-light cameras, etc.
If you have "GARMIN", theres a camera programme you can download.

If you dont have non of these, then can i have your number?
lol u just dont give up do u? but thanx will try the trapster thing if i can ever figure out the crackberry contraption from hell!!!! i miss me iphone!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
Camaro_h
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_h
",) im only messin' around wiv u babe.. but ure welcome.
Get a BB
Camaro_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #11
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
Trapstar database is based on the known locations of speed cameras,police hideout,red lights......etc and tips from users and is not very accurate since people here tend to ruin everything it doesn't "scan" for anything unlike radar detector which actually scan the area a head for radar and laser to alert u the con with the normal ones it doesn't know your speed it just give you a beep everytime there is radar but the new ones incoperate gps wich know your speed so if your below the limit it doesn't alert you with fixed database you get the best of the two.

Sorry if I was qarqah in short I agree with anwro go with cobra gps module
Old 04-04-2010, 03:06 AM   #12
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: CGM A6 1LT 2010; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Seduction View Post
So I just got my first ticket and i think its illegal but if anyone knows where someone might find a radar/camera detector locally please pm me.... Thanx My car and my wallet thank u in advance!
Well why do you bother anyway. A Police man liked your car, and decided to take your photo. He asked you for a charge because he used his own camara to take your photo.

Gently go to the police station and ask them to give you the photo and pay the charge. (NO HARD FEELINGS SWEETY- They filmed you because you are pretty ).

Almuhim keef tal3it al surah? Inshallah 7ilwah? .

Note: Detectors are illegal and will cost you more than a photo.... JAIL
Old 04-04-2010, 05:58 AM   #13
Sweet Seduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8Y View Post
Trapstar database is based on the known locations of speed cameras,police hideout,red lights......etc and tips from users and is not very accurate since people here tend to ruin everything it doesn't "scan" for anything unlike radar detector which actually scan the area a head for radar and laser to alert u the con with the normal ones it doesn't know your speed it just give you a beep everytime there is radar but the new ones incoperate gps wich know your speed so if your below the limit it doesn't alert you with fixed database you get the best of the two.

Sorry if I was qarqah in short I agree with anwro go with cobra gps module

bil3aks all info is appreciated! I have no issue with cameras they dont move and i know where most of them are bes i think cuz it was traffic week or month or whatever zaydeen il dawreyat and thats what i got caught by anyways i learnt my lesson and wont make that mistake again!

Cyber Gray it wasnt a camera it was an actually cop! so no pic involved I posted what happened like 4 posts back as for detectors my dad has had one in his car for YEARSSSS and il7amdelilah no probs bes itha fee tafteesh i throw it on the floor!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #14
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: CGM A6 1LT 2010; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Seduction View Post
bil3aks all info is appreciated! I have no issue with cameras they dont move and i know where most of them are bes i think cuz it was traffic week or month or whatever zaydeen il dawreyat and thats what i got caught by anyways i learnt my lesson and wont make that mistake again!

Cyber Gray it wasnt a camera it was an actually cop! so no pic involved I posted what happened like 4 posts back as for detectors my dad has had one in his car for YEARSSSS and il7amdelilah no probs bes itha fee tafteesh i throw it on the floor!
OK ic , well they like to film us here. I remember a guy who wrote (Try again) on his plate and went into the rader area. The rader filmed him but they couldnt get his number .

Another funny story :Badwi saw the rader, and stopped his pick up. Took the Rader on the back and left.... He saw the police chasing him.. then he pulled over and said to them ( I saw this camara thrown outside, wallah it doesnt belong to any one..... I found it 1st .... Its mine ).

They took hours to conivnce him that this was a rader not a camara.