Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #57
sleddog
 
sleddog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Interior of Alaska
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
I will be looking forward to the day I get to see photo's of your new ride. The 18th is forever away when you're waiting for a car like that to show up
Alaskan SS did ya get the car on the 18th, still waiting to see what it looks like. The wait is killin me
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #58
wwracer
 
Drives: camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Trapper creek
Posts: 5
Hey guys, I have an OEM GFX kit for an SS that I am looking to seperate if any one's interested. Looking to get 300 for the front spoiler, 395 for the diffuser and 300 for the rockers. They are new never installed. I have the mount hardware & directions for the front & rear, lost the rocker clips. pm me if your interested, I live in southcentral
wwracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #59
ColdCamaroSS
 
ColdCamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 2
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
WOW that car is outstanding, I love the blue, but the wife wanted black so black it was. You have a very good looking car, you will be easy to spot

The hightest octane fuel I can find in Fairbanks is 92 and thats at FredMyers.
which one? All I can find is 90 too. I would kill to find 92 octane in Fairbanks!!! Thanks!
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #60
sleddog
 
sleddog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Interior of Alaska
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCamaroSS View Post
which one? All I can find is 90 too. I would kill to find 92 octane in Fairbanks!!! Thanks!
ColdCamaroSS you're correct and i'm wrong, I can't find anything higher than 90 octane. I thought it was 93 but it's not. Sorry

I find 87 88.5 and 90, thats it. Maybe we need to look into Av Gas
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #61
Alaskan SS
 
Alaskan SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
Alaskan SS did ya get the car on the 18th, still waiting to see what it looks like. The wait is killin me
Hi all!!! I got it a few days ago, Monday, the 26th. Ill post pics soon. It needs a good shinin. The cloudy day we havin is perfect for that. I also need to take the tires off and clean the inside of the rims. I like seeing the other gen5s around town. its cool being part of the community. Nothing like the headlight flash and the wave to a fellow owner...
Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #62
ColdCamaroSS
 
ColdCamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 2
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
ColdCamaroSS you're correct and i'm wrong, I can't find anything higher than 90 octane. I thought it was 93 but it's not.
Sorry

I find 87 88.5 and 90, thats it. Maybe we need to look into Av Gas
Darn! I was hoping I was wrong and you knew of some secret magical 92 octane pump

I know Sourdough Fuels bulk plant sells 100 unleaded but its like $12 bucks a gallon.

Not sure how much low leaded Av Gas goes for, but I do plan on getting LT headers and removing the cats so the lead level shouldn't be a problem.

The safest bet is a tuner that can switch from a low octane map that will be safe for mods to a high octane map for when to have even more fun.
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #63
sleddog
 
sleddog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Interior of Alaska
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCamaroSS View Post
Darn! I was hoping I was wrong and you knew of some secret magical 92 octane pump

I know Sourdough Fuels bulk plant sells 100 unleaded but its like $12 bucks a gallon.

Not sure how much low leaded Av Gas goes for, but I do plan on getting LT headers and removing the cats so the lead level shouldn't be a problem.

The safest bet is a tuner that can switch from a low octane map that will be safe for mods to a high octane map for when to have even more fun.
Are you going to do the exhaust work yourself or get someone in town to do it for ya. I been thinking of getting the X pipe and turbo tubes installed. I had turbo tubes mufflers on a 55 chev pickup street rod many years ago and it sounded really good.

I think for the price of high octane I will just have to be happy running 90 in it. Just hope I don't run into problems on road trips finding that.
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #64
ColdCamaroSS
 
ColdCamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 2
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
Are you going to do the exhaust work yourself or get someone in town to do it for ya. I been thinking of getting the X pipe and turbo tubes installed. I had turbo tubes mufflers on a 55 chev pickup street rod many years ago and it sounded really good.

I think for the price of high octane I will just have to be happy running 90 in it. Just hope I don't run into problems on road trips finding that.
I'll send you a PM with the details. I've "heard" of turbo tubes but had the pleasure of listening to them yet.

Keep your eye out for the Synergy Green in town. It lasted about 1 day on the lot. Very cool color in person but WAY too much of an attention getter for me.

Do you plan on attending any of the car shows this summer? There should be about three events this year.

Also, drag racing will be in the month of June and July on Ft.WW. Was a fun time last year.
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #65
AlaskaZ06
 
AlaskaZ06's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 208
You guys just need to go with the long tubes They sound fricken awesome.
__________________
IN MY GARAGE
2010 2SS/RS Camaro from Camaro Scotty, Magnuson TVS2300 supercharger, Kooks LTH with High flow cats, ADM RACE CAI, Barton Shifter, Livernois tune, Eibach Pro kit...
2006 C6 Z06
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
AlaskaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #66
ColdCamaroSS
 
ColdCamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 2
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaZ06 View Post
You guys just need to go with the long tubes They sound fricken awesome.
How's the car running? Do you plan on going to the Ft.WW drags this year?
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #67
AlaskaZ06
 
AlaskaZ06's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 208
The car runs well, it is alot of fun for sure.
__________________
IN MY GARAGE
2010 2SS/RS Camaro from Camaro Scotty, Magnuson TVS2300 supercharger, Kooks LTH with High flow cats, ADM RACE CAI, Barton Shifter, Livernois tune, Eibach Pro kit...
2006 C6 Z06
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
AlaskaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #68
sleddog
 
sleddog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Interior of Alaska
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCamaroSS View Post
How's the car running? Do you plan on going to the Ft.WW drags this year?
Dang this is not working right, I will try again, when are the drags, maybe I can make it up for um this year.
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #69
Alaskan SS
 
Alaskan SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
Alaskan SS did ya get the car on the 18th, still waiting to see what it looks like. The wait is killin me
Here she is...
Attached Images
        
Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #70
wwracer
 
Drives: camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Trapper creek
Posts: 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwracer View Post
Hey guys, I have an OEM GFX kit for an SS that I am looking to seperate if any one's interested. Looking to get 300 for the front spoiler, 395 for the diffuser and 300 for the rockers. They are new never installed. I have the mount hardware & directions for the front & rear, lost the rocker clips. pm me if your interested, I live in southcentral
Need to get these out of the shop, 700.00 for the whole kit! That's 1300 below retail.. pm me or call me at 907-430-0036 if your interested...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by wwracer; 05-01-2011 at 11:49 AM.
wwracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do Mustang owners have so much hate towards Camaro owners? OHIOSS General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 358 03-20-2010 06:19 PM
The difference between Camaro5 owners and non Camaro5 owners KLow7777 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 02-22-2010 06:30 PM
Toyotas Suddenly Accelerate; Owners Up In Arms UCF w00t General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 62 11-08-2009 11:22 AM
Why Camaro owners are like Mac owners philipdistefano Off-topic Discussions 41 11-02-2009 05:32 PM
Free Dyno pulls to all new 5th gen Camaro owners in Ohio Area! IPS Brandon USA - Great Lakes 7 09-25-2009 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.