Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Camaro Dashboard Kits

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any other dash kit then, then the Metra kit?
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Ltaudio was making one but not sure where it is at.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Hmmm, care to help me look? Because like I posted in your other thread, I bought the Metra, but I really miss my circle dials and all of that.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!
 
THUMPER20X's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Red North
Posts: 1,864
Im holding out for a single din that retains the dials and the factory option screen. Aside from that now I have a system in my car and its actually working really good with the factory deck BA system. Doing anything with the headunit dropped to almost last priority now.
__________________
THUMPER20X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Here is another one that I know they are working on with LTlAudio but not sure if it finished.



Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Here is another one that I know they are working on with LTlAudio but not sure if it finished.



I PM'd the guy who posted the pictures of that, and he told me that the dask kit is $1800, WITH NO RADIO INCLUDED, I did fall in love with that kit, because that is exactly what I want, but I would NEVER pay $1800 for a kit.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
PonyCrusher
Back in Black
 
PonyCrusher's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 283
It would probable just be cheaper going to a custom audio/car builder and let them do the work. I cant wrap my head around why that thing is 1800.
__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT RIDES AGAIN!!!!
PonyCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyCrusher View Post
It would probable just be cheaper going to a custom audio/car builder and let them do the work. I cant wrap my head around why that thing is 1800.
I can see why that KIT above would sell for $1800, when I hired Unique Auto to instally my stereo, they want some big $$$$$$$ just to put the DOUBLE DIN inplace where the 4 pack gauges were.

If the METRA kit hadn't appeared on the market, I most likely would have purchased the $1800 kit, he had no idea the METRA was coming out either, so you have to hand to his R&D skills to make it happen!

See below:

thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
That is a nice kit you got there, but I do not think I will be doing that because I wouldnt want to look down every time, and it also seems unsafe. But again, I wish the metra didn't replace the circle dials
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
I forgot the name of the guy whos selling that kit, but he would sell A LOT more if it wasn't that expensive. I sent him a message saying, "I hope you added an extra 0 to $180." haha
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
Alain

 
Alain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, RS, Manual. 2012 F150, FX4
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,567
i'm on the same boat with you guys. that kit that is selling for 1800 is exactly what i want for my car. but i just can't bring myself to pay that much money and not get the head unit with the kit.

it's way too much
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
A lot of peoples grip was they did not like the circle controls...LOL

You can not please all but I can state that the quality of the Metra kit is top notch and will be hard for a company to compete with/near the same price points..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Well I just spoke to LTAudio, who is the person selling the kit for the $1800, he is a very nice guy and explained to me why the kit is so pricey, and it does make sense. Here is what he said.

"Ya unfortunately the price is 1800. This is not just some stock replacement dash piece, there are 3 different circuit boards, a 150 wire cable that has to be made, and a whole bunch of other parts. It takes me about 20 hours to make just one kit, plus parts. I wish I could sell them for less, but then I would be losing money."

And if you guys where in his position you wouldn't want to loose money either. He makes a very nice kit, but I cannot afford that.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Well I just spoke to LTAudio, who is the person selling the kit for the $1800, he is a very nice guy and explained to me why the kit is so pricey, and it does make sense. Here is what he said.

"Ya unfortunately the price is 1800. This is not just some stock replacement dash piece, there are 3 different circuit boards, a 150 wire cable that has to be made, and a whole bunch of other parts. It takes me about 20 hours to make just one kit, plus parts. I wish I could sell them for less, but then I would be losing money."

And if you guys where in his position you wouldn't want to loose money either. He makes a very nice kit, but I cannot afford that.
It is nice but it will be one of a kind...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
very true
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #16
third1
speed freak
 
third1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Neenah Wi
Posts: 1,135
Its pricey but the best looking
__________________
Current:2012 Cadilac Escalade.2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned&loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09 Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #17
Hess RS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 91 Camaro RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 324
Well I figured Id pop my head in in case anyone has any questions for me about the kit. Ya its expensive, but its either Metras kit, or mine. I have hundreds of hours in R&D, and have also worked with Metras head
of R&D for a little while to see if they wanted to use my design. Basically it was too expensive, even for them to reproduce on a mass scale. I can still make the kit one at a time, but they are VERY labor intensive.

We are a custom car builder and audio shop, and we had a customer that wanted a double din in his camaro, and we made it happen, 6 months before Metra even had a press release about their kit.

This is just a PARTIAL picture of the wiring for the kit. There is about 3X this amount total that has to be done, minus the actual modifying the dash.

Hess RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
Sour DeeZ
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 692
Looks Confusing.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,495
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlaudio View Post
Well I figured Id pop my head in in case anyone has any questions for me about the kit. Ya its expensive, but its either Metras kit, or mine. I have hundreds of hours in R&D, and have also worked with Metras head
of R&D for a little while to see if they wanted to use my design. Basically it was too expensive, even for them to reproduce on a mass scale. I can still make the kit one at a time, but they are VERY labor intensive.

We are a custom car builder and audio shop, and we had a customer that wanted a double din in his camaro, and we made it happen, 6 months before Metra even had a press release about their kit.

This is just a PARTIAL picture of the wiring for the kit. There is about 3X this amount total that has to be done, minus the actual modifying the dash.

So what your saying is that this is not a DIY? LOL
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 10:34 PM
Drag Racing Suspension Kits Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 25 02-21-2010 08:48 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.