Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Middle East The Near East

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Sweet Seduction
 
Sweet Seduction's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 228
Tinting in Kuwait + a small rant!

So I really need to get my windows tinted before it gets too hot and i know there is the clear stuff that is great for the heat but im hoping to go a bit dark..So who knows how dark is legal in Kuwait cuz most of the camaros ive seen are REALLY dark so
1-do the cops bother u?
2-what percent r u using?
3-and has anyone tried the whole doctors note thing??
Thanx

Sidenote: Alghanim are idiota because they probably never bothered to check my tire pressure before giving me the car..... ive been noticing that my tires feel kinda funky/ over inflated so i finally get around to it n sure enough i go to check them today n they had them at 48 n 50 psi?!?!?!?! or maybe thats just their evil plan to destroy my tires so i have to buy new ones from them??
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Skoulikimou
 
Skoulikimou's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS LS3 2010
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: kuwait
Posts: 140
for window tinting try www.autozan.com they are located behind ford dealer in canada dry street , i did my window tint and i installed front clear bra .
Skoulikimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Anwro
Red 2SS
 
Anwro's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 294
1-do the cops bother u?

yes they do , it always depends on the cop himself , if he like cars , girls then your on if he is 3gaidy - like when he bonded my car - then you'll get some tickets so what you would do is always act normal .. , say its your brothers car , keep away from the common tafteesh sites , you should be safe!

2-what percent r u using?

there are 2 types , 1 - cheap easly installed shar3 ezaina tint , good for easly removing , super dark tinting ! prices in 20kd and less - 10% 30% 50% available
2- professional tinting , like : Lumar,Autozan,Solarguard..etc. costs 120kd and up with more than hust tint , you chose the color the reflection the sun blocking percent. all from 5% to 100% available.

what am using is no on the camaro but on the escalade , its from solarguard 10 year warranty reflective black , its only 30 % all windows
and from the inside , it just like there is no tint 0% .. , really makes a different under sun heat ,


3-and has anyone tried the whole doctors note thing??
am waiting my cuzn to be a doctor and see what can he do lol
__________________
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Sweet Seduction
 
Sweet Seduction's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 228
Thanx Anwro Im definately gonna go for the good heat blocking stuff and hopefully just roll my windows down when i pass cops??? but the tint on ur escalade doesnt look so dark bes they still bother u? oh n keep me updated on the doctor thing!
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Anwro
Red 2SS
 
Anwro's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 294
in taftesh just roll down YOUR window , they usualy notice the passenger window down and start asking , so be cool just roll your window , any asking about the tint , just say its wekala heated tinting which you payed 200kd for it , and u won't take them off

and in the escalade , @ night you barley see anything in the pic its facing the sun
__________________
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
Q8Y
 
Q8Y's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F150
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KWT
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post
1-do the cops bother u?

yes they do , it always depends on the cop himself , if he like cars , girls then your on if he is 3gaidy - like when he bonded my car - then you'll get some tickets so what you would do is always act normal .. , say its your brothers car , keep away from the common tafteesh sites , you should be safe!

2-what percent r u using?

there are 2 types , 1 - cheap easly installed shar3 ezaina tint , good for easly removing , super dark tinting ! prices in 20kd and less - 10% 30% 50% available
2- professional tinting , like : Lumar,Autozan,Solarguard..etc. costs 120kd and up with more than hust tint , you chose the color the reflection the sun blocking percent. all from 5% to 100% available.

what am using is no on the camaro but on the escalade , its from solarguard 10 year warranty reflective black , its only 30 % all windows
and from the inside , it just like there is no tint 0% .. , really makes a different under sun heat ,


3-and has anyone tried the whole doctors note thing??
am waiting my cuzn to be a doctor and see what can he do lol
Add v-cool and huperoptik to the list.I wouldn't recommend autozan I heard bad stuff about them.I did the lightest one on my camaro from huperoptic it works really fine and so far no cop bothered me.
Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  145.3 KB

For Doctor note yes it works I have friend who has it but he is really got a condition with eyes sensitivity he's car tinted super dark and every taftish he shows them the note and they let him go.

As for alghanim be careful remember to check everything after them I was travelling and left the car with them for a check up just got her yesterday.Today I noticed you know the panel when you open the door with chevrolet written on it was gone I was WTF??I'm really pissed off I'm going to talk to their manager If he does nothing I'm willing to fly to Dubai to GM middle east headoffice.
__________________
recieved 7-10-09 2010 camaro black 2ss/RS/6m
Q8Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
Anwro
Red 2SS
 
Anwro's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 294
Q8Y , did you get all 4 glasses tinted ?

as for the alghanim , la7ad now el kel negative feedback , so am i , started a couple of fights cuz of server problems , i have now free service till 40,00km =\ which means 4 services , those bastards, they told me do it every 5000km , now that they have to pay for it they told me its every 10k not 5 , 5 is just to be 10000% safe , they told me " see , Cadillac do it every 10k " lol
__________________
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 AM   #8
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,020
Guys you have weird stuff in Kuwait.

Here tinting % allowed is 30% only, but we can always relay on Heat Rejectors like Zibart and V Kool. They offer life time warranty.

Our police will not bother about medical notes, they fix your eyes on the spot.

Do you know what they do if they spotted you with Tinting more than 30% ?

They will give you a fine !! yah expected.

But......

They will ask you to step out the car, and remove it.... now... on the double..... you cant move your car ....... remove the tint now.... you heard me pal... take it out with your teeth or nails.. I just dont care... I'm the law man ....

Imagine that this happens to you on a sunny summer after noon after work
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
Q8Y
 
Q8Y's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F150
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KWT
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post
Q8Y , did you get all 4 glasses tinted ?

as for the alghanim , la7ad now el kel negative feedback , so am i , started a couple of fights cuz of server problems , i have now free service till 40,00km =\ which means 4 services , those bastards, they told me do it every 5000km , now that they have to pay for it they told me its every 10k not 5 , 5 is just to be 10000% safe , they told me " see , Cadillac do it every 10k " lol
Yes all of them are tinted.
I just got back from Alghanim I had huge fight with them they telling it was my fault because I hadn't check the car when I recieved her but after 2hours and talking to their manager they finally agreed to order me one to replace it.what a shame this our dealership standard.
__________________
recieved 7-10-09 2010 camaro black 2ss/RS/6m
Q8Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #10
Sweet Seduction
 
Sweet Seduction's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 228
Thanx guys yeah as soon as i get back im gonna check everything out on my baby... but by the way i dont have free service but they still told me every 10,000Km.... any mechanics in the house??? i think i should just learn n take care of her myself??? as for the tint thanx for the feedback i think i know a skin Doc that can hook me up!
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
Anwro
Red 2SS
 
Anwro's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 294
:$ hook me up too

and yes there is no free service on all alghanim chevys , only by "was6a" or like a fixing up gifts like what happened to me , and every 10k you should be fine ,just make sure using mobile1 oil.
__________________
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
Sweet Seduction
 
Sweet Seduction's Avatar
 
Drives: Black SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 228
yeah i was gonna ask them before my first oil change cuz i checked the forums and that seems to be the most popular.... thanx again anwro
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #13
q8muscles
 
q8muscles's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Jewelry SS2 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 27
Send a message via MSN to q8muscles
Tawni 6ayef Challenger manual shift and camaro manual.. also mustang GT with full exhuast headers and air intake.. All I did just HP Tunned. Im about to Install magna flow, SLP Pilly , LMR intake and koks
q8muscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
Anwro
Red 2SS
 
Anwro's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 294
ana a6ofk by foot
__________________
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
q8muscles
 
q8muscles's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Jewelry SS2 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 27
Send a message via MSN to q8muscles
Anwarooo heheh wa7sh... bacher bjrb m3a mustang 2010
q8muscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #16
q8muscles
 
q8muscles's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Jewelry SS2 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 27
Send a message via MSN to q8muscles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Seduction View Post
So I really need to get my windows tinted before it gets too hot and i know there is the clear stuff that is great for the heat but im hoping to go a bit dark..So who knows how dark is legal in Kuwait cuz most of the camaros ive seen are REALLY dark so
1-do the cops bother u?
2-what percent r u using?
3-and has anyone tried the whole doctors note thing??
Thanx

Sidenote: Alghanim are idiota because they probably never bothered to check my tire pressure before giving me the car..... ive been noticing that my tires feel kinda funky/ over inflated so i finally get around to it n sure enough i go to check them today n they had them at 48 n 50 psi?!?!?!?! or maybe thats just their evil plan to destroy my tires so i have to buy new ones from them??


Email GM in Dubai and open ticket with them. Dubai GM will whip ALGhanim asses
q8muscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #17
FaceLessQ8
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Gray
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Guys you have weird stuff in Kuwait.

Here tinting % allowed is 30% only, but we can always relay on Heat Rejectors like Zibart and V Kool. They offer life time warranty.

Our police will not bother about medical notes, they fix your eyes on the spot.

Do you know what they do if they spotted you with Tinting more than 30% ?

They will give you a fine !! yah expected.

But......

They will ask you to step out the car, and remove it.... now... on the double..... you cant move your car ....... remove the tint now.... you heard me pal... take it out with your teeth or nails.. I just dont care... I'm the law man ....

Imagine that this happens to you on a sunny summer after noon after work
:thum bup:
__________________
Imported 2SS
If you care about your safety you care for my safety, drive safely

FaceLessQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any other small business owners on here? cam2fst4u Off-topic Discussions 80 12-12-2013 01:59 AM
Let's get something straight—a rant. The_Blur Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 40 05-19-2009 11:23 PM
Ford May Get U.S. Aid to Overhaul SUV Plant to Build Small Cars alienjimmy General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 2 05-08-2009 01:03 PM
Lutz says U.S., Europe could share small crossovers KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 04-12-2007 03:10 PM
Crash tests downgrade small cars KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 0 12-19-2006 03:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.