Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

View Poll Results: Should GM offer Jetstream Blue as a color option for the new Camaro?
YES! it's an amazing color and would love to have it!!! 186 88.15%
NO 25 11.85%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #126
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
They are kind of setting themselves up for a failure. Almost 90% want a different blue, and GM won't listen! That means 9 out of 10 customers will either buy a different color, or may not buy one at all. How much more obvious does this have to be for GM. If they offered Jetstream, they would sell 90% more Blue Camaros.
You're drawing poor conclusions from this very limited poll. The ONLY thing this poll shows is that 90% of ENTHUSIASTS would like a Jetstream Blue offered on the Camaro. Nothing else.

You can separate those people into:

Those who might like it...but would still want one of the other blues more
Those who voted just because they like polls
Those who voted even though they aren't getting blue of any kind; but wanted to advance your cause.
Those who would like to see a Jetstream blue, but if not...it wouldn't matter as they'd still get one of the other blues (I'll bet 90% of the 90% falls into this category)

None of the above would do anything to make offering Jetstream worth it to the company.

GM does studies, etc to determine what people (not enthusiasts; but average, everyday people) will buy. And they take the most salable options/features, and invest money into those...I wouldn't discount this as "the old GM"...because it could very well be the opposite.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #127
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
good post^^
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #128
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
It is kinda weird if you think about it. Even though they are all nice colors it is almost like haveing three reds. One is red, one is more red than orange and the other is a maroon red. Meanwhile, there is almost a faded yellow... but then you have badass colors like cyber gray, the black is impressive, and the silver ice is breath-taking (all shades of one color).

... ahh, nevermind. I wont say anymore. I just hope GM pulls through this garbage thats going on. We're all in similar stages with the company in our own way, so I'm sure most of us understand.

anyway, I'm pullin for the General.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 AM   #129
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
My 66 Marina Blue got more " WOW .... look at the color " in Concours and parades even 30 years after it was painted than any other car I have owned (35)
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #130
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You're drawing poor conclusions from this very limited poll. The ONLY thing this poll shows is that 90% of ENTHUSIASTS would like a Jetstream Blue offered on the Camaro. Nothing else.

You can separate those people into:

Those who might like it...but would still want one of the other blues more
Those who voted just because they like polls
Those who voted even though they aren't getting blue of any kind; but wanted to advance your cause.
Those who would like to see a Jetstream blue, but if not...it wouldn't matter as they'd still get one of the other blues (I'll bet 90% of the 90% falls into this category)

None of the above would do anything to make offering Jetstream worth it to the company.

GM does studies, etc to determine what people (not enthusiasts; but average, everyday people) will buy. And they take the most salable options/features, and invest money into those...I wouldn't discount this as "the old GM"...because it could very well be the opposite.
Where did they do these so called "studies". I'm willing to bet they took place at schools for the blind!
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #131
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
I'm willing to bet they took place at schools for the blind!
I'm sure you would...
Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #132
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
ahahahhahahaha that's funny^^.... don't mind if i use that comeback sometime do yuh?
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote