Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Local Marketplace


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #120
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post



Play nice!
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #121
H1Chester
Bowties forever
 
H1Chester's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2014 Subaru Izzy WRX
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 462
Gents, I appreciate the replies. I think it might be better for me to hold out until I get back from my deployment, so I can have a closer eye to what is being done to the car. Additionally if there are any issues that pop up. God forbid that this would happen to anyone's hot rod; but if any of you watch the reality TV show "Fast and Loud" one of their guys got into a car accident with a sick (I know the Chevy Gods are mad) early model black Mustang convertible between dyno runs. Which totaled the car after countless hours of work, and they lost $40k or something ridiculous. I'd hate for something like that to happen while aboard ship somewhere in the South Pacific...
__________________
“LUCILLE” 2010 RJT 2SS/RS M6
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #122
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small
 
BRAVO 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 804
Does Blu808 in Campbell do custom tunes?
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
BRAVO 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #123
tribone
Searchin' ....
 
tribone's Avatar
 
Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Camaroville
Posts: 6,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
What happened to my post questioning this statement???

.......
It was not what was said. It was the tone in which it was said in. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

-Guillermo
__________________

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #124
HaddadMotorsports
 
HaddadMotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inglewood
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
What happened to my post questioning this statement???

Are sponsors allowed to just make stuff up???

How about allowing Haddad to respond instead of just deleting the question? Haddad is making a pretty bold claim, a claim that is clearly, and profoundly, untrue...
You sir have not done your Home Work.

We sponsor and work on all of the SO-CAL race teams cars, which have pretty much dominated (in class) every road-coarse and auto cross event in so-cal.

We have been involved with every camaro that has dominated their class at the optima challenge starting back in 2010.

Back in 2008 we purchased a 2008 G8 which i currently still own, and worked diligently with pedders developing all the suspension that all ended up on your gen 5 camaros.

We have worked with PFADT, Hotchkis, and BMR as well as time has gone on.

We helped build two high end Camaros for SEMA. The WD40 car a few years back. And more recently the TJIN Edition camaro.

I've personally been in the industry for 15 years, and have owned and operated Haddad Motorsports for 9 years.

If your so inclined feel free to contact anyone I've mentioned, as we have nothing to hide.

and anyone can feel free to contact us with any questions.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #125
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX
 
Inferno LSX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaddadMotorsports View Post
You sir have not done your Home Work.

We sponsor and work on all of the SO-CAL race teams cars, which have pretty much dominated (in class) every road-coarse and auto cross event in so-cal.

We have been involved with every camaro that has dominated their class at the optima challenge starting back in 2010.

Back in 2008 we purchased a 2008 G8 which i currently still own, and worked diligently with pedders developing all the suspension that all ended up on your gen 5 camaros.

We have worked with PFADT, Hotchkis, and BMR as well as time has gone on.

We helped build two high end Camaros for SEMA. The WD40 car a few years back. And more recently the TJIN Edition camaro.

I've personally been in the industry for 15 years, and have owned and operated Haddad Motorsports for 9 years.

If your so inclined feel free to contact anyone I've mentioned, as we have nothing to hide.

and anyone can feel free to contact us with any questions.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032
SOCAL RACE TEAM!!!!!!
__________________
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #126
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 3,537
Well since you asked for some results, here is a few below...and yes I am part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team...

The last event posted on a Road Course is here: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/w...e-Results1.pdf

If you look to the results the fastest 5th Gen was 4th against some pretty serious competition and he is a customer of Haddad Motorsports...also he beat out Jordan from JDP Motorsports who is another good driver and has an awesome 5th gen...Rob Byrd's Camaro is always fast and he has won more autocross events at Super Chevy than anyone I know.

I won fastest Modern Muscle at the SoCalChallenge.com in March, which is a small track and essentially a Time Attack format against a lot of the same Pro Touring crowd as Run to the Coast...hope to add another win at the second event in April before heading east for Heidt's Performance Challenge, Midwest Muscle Car Challenge and Optima Face Off at Road America...will see how I do....but my Camaro has been prepped by Haddad to give me the best opportunity to dominate, driver mod needs to continue to improve though...that one is always a challenge....

The real deal is very few people seem to actually race these Camaro's in So Cal, but if you look at Camaro Performers magazine from this month, you will see my old Camaro on the cover, little pic on bottom, White with Orange stripes and my buddies Silver Camaro inside the magazine from Return to the Coast event back in October...we were the two fastest 5th gens at that event...anyway, we do get some magazine exposure because our group is out there racing at events...whether autocross or road course....

I can say the fastest 5th gen I know of in So Cal is a customer of Haddad, Rob Byrd is the fastest guy I know and myself and the rest of the Race Team chase him on the autocross and road courses....
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #127
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,923
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Well since you asked for some results, here is a few below...and yes I am part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team...

The last event posted on a Road Course is here: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/w...e-Results1.pdf

If you look to the results the fastest 5th Gen was 4th against some pretty serious competition and he is a customer of Haddad Motorsports...also he beat out Jordan from JDP Motorsports who is another good driver and has an awesome 5th gen...Rob Byrd's Camaro is always fast and he has won more autocross events at Super Chevy than anyone I know.

I won fastest Modern Muscle at the SoCalChallenge.com in March, which is a small track and essentially a Time Attack format against a lot of the same Pro Touring crowd as Run to the Coast...hope to add another win at the second event in April before heading east for Heidt's Performance Challenge, Midwest Muscle Car Challenge and Optima Face Off at Road America...will see how I do....but my Camaro has been prepped by Haddad to give me the best opportunity to dominate, driver mod needs to continue to improve though...that one is always a challenge....

The real deal is very few people seem to actually race these Camaro's in So Cal, but if you look at Camaro Performers magazine from this month, you will see my old Camaro on the cover, little pic on bottom, White with Orange stripes and my buddies Silver Camaro inside the magazine from Return to the Coast event back in October...we were the two fastest 5th gens at that event...anyway, we do get some magazine exposure because our group is out there racing at events...whether autocross or road course....

I can say the fastest 5th gen I know of in So Cal is a customer of Haddad, Rob Byrd is the fastest guy I know and myself and the rest of the Race Team chase him on the autocross and road courses....
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #128
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,923
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
The only Mistake I see here is He used the word "All"....I also Race my car at 90% of these events also and Have been runner up more time than I like too admit because of the Byrd Man..But most of the time our Self proclamed "So Cal Race Team" are a Group of Guys and Gals about 30 in all who just love to drive over cars and little side ways and Fast...And with Mike Haddads help we can do that.Our cars aren't hitting the "Pro tracks"..but Willow Springs ,Streets of Willow,Adams Racepark,Super Chevy Shows,Autoclub raceway .Are just a Few places we show case our Tuned and Modified Camaros....with that said this tread is just to let people know of differant shops to get there cars worked on...all I know hanging out at mikes shop I learn so much shit my head hurts....By the way going there today for more work!!!!

130R I dont know who has work on your car but come out with the race team and see how you do?
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #129
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,276
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
The only Mistake I see here is He used the word "All"....I also Race my car at 90% of these events also and Have been runner up more time than I like too admit because of the Byrd Man..But most of the time our Self proclamed "So Cal Race Team" are a Group of Guys and Gals about 30 in all who just love to drive over cars and little side ways and Fast...And with Mike Haddads help we can do that.Our cars aren't hitting the "Pro tracks"..but Willow Springs ,Streets of Willow,Adams Racepark,Super Chevy Shows,Autoclub raceway .Are just a Few places we show case our Tuned and Modified Camaros....with that said this tread is just to let people know of differant shops to get there cars worked on...all I know hanging out at mikes shop I learn so much shit my head hurts....By the way going there today for more work!!!!

130R I dont know who has work on your car but come out with the race team and see how you do?
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #130
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
The only Mistake I see here is He used the word "All"....I also Race my car at 90% of these events also and Have been runner up more time than I like too admit because of the Byrd Man..But most of the time our Self proclamed "So Cal Race Team" are a Group of Guys and Gals about 30 in all who just love to drive over cars and little side ways and Fast...And with Mike Haddads help we can do that.Our cars aren't hitting the "Pro tracks"..but Willow Springs ,Streets of Willow,Adams Racepark,Super Chevy Shows,Autoclub raceway .Are just a Few places we show case our Tuned and Modified Camaros....with that said this tread is just to let people know of differant shops to get there cars worked on...all I know hanging out at mikes shop I learn so much shit my head hurts....By the way going there today for more work!!!!

130R I dont know who has work on your car but come out with the race team and see how you do?
pretty sure Big willow and Acs are considered a "pro" level track, as the pro's do race those tracks.... what times do you run on Big Willow and acs?
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #131
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,923
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
I would have to look but think I ran a 1:42 ...before most of my work was done.
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #132
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,923
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Looks Like you know it all and from the sound of it even smarter than a Trained seal...But you still can come out and show us your self installed bolt-ons and Just Maybe Have enough talent to show us up at the track and beat us amatures......
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #133
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Must be that time of the month
Attached Images
 
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #134
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HOMELESS
Posts: 10,031
Need to call the marines in.
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #135
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member
 
comm54's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Well since you asked for some results, here is a few below...and yes I am part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team...

The last event posted on a Road Course is here: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/w...e-Results1.pdf

If you look to the results the fastest 5th Gen was 4th against some pretty serious competition and he is a customer of Haddad Motorsports...also he beat out Jordan from JDP Motorsports who is another good driver and has an awesome 5th gen...Rob Byrd's Camaro is always fast and he has won more autocross events at Super Chevy than anyone I know.

I won fastest Modern Muscle at the SoCalChallenge.com in March, which is a small track and essentially a Time Attack format against a lot of the same Pro Touring crowd as Run to the Coast...hope to add another win at the second event in April before heading east for Heidt's Performance Challenge, Midwest Muscle Car Challenge and Optima Face Off at Road America...will see how I do....but my Camaro has been prepped by Haddad to give me the best opportunity to dominate, driver mod needs to continue to improve though...that one is always a challenge....

The real deal is very few people seem to actually race these Camaro's in So Cal, but if you look at Camaro Performers magazine from this month, you will see my old Camaro on the cover, little pic on bottom, White with Orange stripes and my buddies Silver Camaro inside the magazine from Return to the Coast event back in October...we were the two fastest 5th gens at that event...anyway, we do get some magazine exposure because our group is out there racing at events...whether autocross or road course....

I can say the fastest 5th gen I know of in So Cal is a customer of Haddad, Rob Byrd is the fastest guy I know and myself and the rest of the Race Team chase him on the autocross and road courses....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
So Cal, 1st, thanks for posting, but as I suspected, there are a total of six 5th Gen Camaros, one of which finished in the top 10.

I'm not bashing Haddad, it was just a very bold and misleading claim that I wanted clarified.

I'm sure you know there are more than 6 modified 5th gens in SoCal, it's just that, as you point out, most people don't take them to time attacks (not road racing) or autocross events, heck, I didn't even know these events were going on...

As you seem to admit, these type of events really come down to the driver, as in reality, anyone can bolt on Pedders, Pfadt, BMR, Hotchkiss et al components, there's no magic in doing that. The magic comes with experience at these types of events, as well as the ability to setup the car for each event.

Anyway, congrats on your victory!

BTW, is Robert Byrd a member here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
The only Mistake I see here is He used the word "All"....I also Race my car at 90% of these events also and Have been runner up more time than I like too admit because of the Byrd Man..But most of the time our Self proclamed "So Cal Race Team" are a Group of Guys and Gals about 30 in all who just love to drive over cars and little side ways and Fast...And with Mike Haddads help we can do that.Our cars aren't hitting the "Pro tracks"..but Willow Springs ,Streets of Willow,Adams Racepark,Super Chevy Shows,Autoclub raceway .Are just a Few places we show case our Tuned and Modified Camaros....with that said this tread is just to let people know of differant shops to get there cars worked on...all I know hanging out at mikes shop I learn so much shit my head hurts....By the way going there today for more work!!!!

130R I dont know who has work on your car but come out with the race team and see how you do?
Wow, it's like I'm famous Thanks for all the kind words, it's an Honor to be part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team!

I know most people say the driver is everything, I believe that has a Lot to do with it, but I also believe that I have an Advantage. The Work and Maintance that I have had done at Haddad Motorsport has given me a Street Car that I can take to the track and complete with Race Cars! One of the major keys to sucess is the maintaning, the harder you drive your car, the more service you need! This is why I go to Mike, I know that I can drive my car in stop and go traffic with the AC blastin, and/or hit the track Knowing that my car is Ready for whatever I throw at it.

So, IMO, Haddad Motorsports is the BEST place to take your Camaro, any other GM products, or anything else for that matter (Mike will tell you if he can work on it or not and would refer you to the right person). This is where the difference comes in, Mike has a Passion for what he does, he will listen to what you want, and help you get what you need. So again, IMO, Haddad Motorsports IS one of the Best shops in the country, especially when it comes to Camaro's!!!

As far as the Race Team goes... We are just a bunch of guys and girls that like to take our street driven (in some cases daily driven) Camaro's to the track from time to time, Hell, it's the only place you can really drive your car (safely and legally)! We try to attend any events in the area but we have crusied to Firebird Raceway and to Las Vegas several times for some Super Chevy events as well as Mopars/Musle Cars at the Strip. It's all about the Passion and Fun of racing with your friends. And, as it turns out, it's extremely addictive and we all take Great Pride in representing the Camaro!


This is the Car that took 1st place at Run to the Coast
(I think he will be a serious contender for the Optima challange)

Name:  DSC_5793 (1280x853).jpg
Views: 422
Size:  460.4 KB

This is Brett from Ride Tech
He finished a close 2nd

Name:  DSC_5699 (1280x853).jpg
Views: 415
Size:  386.5 KB

To compete with these guys in a streetable car that only has some suspension and minor engine work (no supercharger)... All I can say is; Thanks Mike the car gave me the confidence to be able to run that fast!

Here are a couple of the cars that I competed against at Mopars/Muscle Cars at the Strip...

Richard Petty Challanger

Name:  DSC_6069.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  135.7 KB

Supercharged GTO

Name:  DSC_6072.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  122.9 KB

There was a really new Green Viper but somehow I didn't get a pic.
I did get 1st place for Modern Muscle!!!

Name:  DSC_0195.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  336.7 KB

In the end, all I can say is; Get Out, Enjoy Life, Drive your Car!

P.S. Have someone that you can trust help you take care of and maintance your car so you can continue to drive it for many years to come!

Robert J Byrd
__________________
Not all Show Cars are Race Cars... But ALL Race Cars are Show Cars
Hurst Short-throw Shifter, CAI Intake, Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust, Hotchkis Race Pack Sport Suspension
comm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #136
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 3,537
Rob, we know, you know you're fast...in Blu1 or Blu2...LOL
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 89 02-20-2015 09:43 PM
JBA Performance Headers | Mid-Pipes | Exhausts | V6/V8 | FREE S&H!!! AJ@ECSMotorsports V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 100 11-13-2010 04:51 PM
Hawk Performance Brake Pads for your Camaro V6/V8! | IN STOCK | FREE S&H!! AJ@ECSMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 108 11-13-2010 04:50 PM
Eibach Lowering Springs & Sway Bars @ Phastek Performance Jason@Phastek Performance Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 0 01-29-2010 04:56 PM
Tuning performance shops in Springfield Mo area shroomjohn USA - Rockies / Midwest 2 08-10-2009 12:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.