Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #76
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28
I Dunno Anymore. But With what i have seen, With Peoples Spending habits Lately.. they Cant Price It TOO HIGH.. People Just Arent gonna Buy It. I Mean everyone in my area Is pinching the pennies to get blood from Abe. I Dont Know About where you are but the economy In My area has pretty much come to a stand still.. NO ONE is buying Things They Dont Absolutly Need... Makes My Job even Harder to sell Stuff At My Shop. AND Didnt Someone On hereSay that The Vettes On the Lots are going for WAAAY Under MSRP, Just to get them off the lots.. Maybe we Will Get Lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
everyone just stop asking and wait till GM itself tells us
I'm Banking On The 13th.... ThatsThe Last we heard from GM that they were trying to get pricing On Order day.. So I Am Confident They will Have It Done..IF NOT THEY WILL BE VERY CLOSE..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FbodFather
In light of the recent comments concerning Camaro, and the increased excitement as it finally comes to market, please take a moment and read the following closely;

Remember- "It ain't ready 'til it's ready!" Just because we show it to you early, doesnít mean itís ready.
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #77
TRIXXTERR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
$184,000

Quote:
In light of the recent comments concerning Camaro, and the increased excitement as it finally comes to market, please take a moment and read the following closely;

Remember- "It ain't ready 'til it's ready!" Just because we show it to you early, doesnít mean itís ready.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #78
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
With the current state of the economy, unless you can pay cash or you have a large down payment (60%) and a prestine credit record, a lot of peoples dreams of owning a new maro may be dashed. Don't mean to be a downer, but this is the new reality!

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #79
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: 2009 Dodge Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
With the current state of the economy, unless you can pay cash or you have a large down payment (60%) and a prestine credit record, a lot of peoples dreams of owning a new maro may be dashed. Don't mean to be a downer, but this is the new reality!
I agree. Anyone see what the markets did today??? Another 500+ point drop. Reports from those "in the know" is that this is going to last well into 2009 if not 2010.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #80
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
It's times like these that I appreciate having awesome credit and insane credit lines with low fixed rates already available. Worst case, I write myself a check against one of those credit lines, deposit it, then write the dealer a check. No need to get new financing. Not quite as good as fixed term simple interest installment financing but it'll do if needed.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #81
Matster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
It's times like these that I appreciate having awesome credit and insane credit lines with low fixed rates already available. Worst case, I write myself a check against one of those credit lines, deposit it, then write the dealer a check. No need to get new financing. Not quite as good as fixed term simple interest installment financing but it'll do if needed.
You think so.... we shall see what the next couple of months bring. Don't be surprised if you get a letter in the mail from your banking institute telling you that your "insane credit lines" have been drastically reduced or even worse, cancelled. The banks can't loan what they don't have.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #82
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
If all else fails.....

Three words:

Home Equity Loan
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #83
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
the economy is taking a dump, banks are closing, its harder to get credit. the camaro order start on Oct 13-15, with no pricing , what kind of madness is this.

obviously this ordering is for confidant, financially secure individuals that have the mula.

for the rest of us it would be wise to get an official price, when ever that is an then make decisions.
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #84
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
You think so.... we shall see what the next couple of months bring. Don't be surprised if you get a letter in the mail from your banking institute telling you that your "insane credit lines" have been drastically reduced or even worse, cancelled. The banks can't loan what they don't have.
Definitely possible. Depends on what happens worldwide. For my sake, I'd hope that they would start with all the people that have piss-poor credit scores but still have credit cards and cancel all of those first. If they get up to my credit score level, then, well, um, not even the federal gov't can save this mess.

We shall see. We shall see....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #85
Matster

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
If all else fails.....

Three words:

Home Equity Loan
Home Equity Loan = Credit Extension. The banks don't want your home or anything to do with it. They already have a glut of property they now own because of defaulted mortgages and as a result a number of banks have already gone under.

IMHO If you own your home free and clear or have paid a considerable amoun tof the original mortgage off, the last thing I would recommend is taking an equity loan against one of the few asset you actually have.

The way you have banked and used credit in the past are gone for sometime to come. We have countries, yes countries on the verge of declaring bankruptcy. To quote the experts...I believe these are some of the same people who got us into this mess....this is unprecedented...as in worse then the depression of the 1930's.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #86
TRIXXTERR

OK SOOO after reading the released PDF of The INITIAL ORDERING WORKBOOK. I Need to RETRACT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENTS... IF THE PRICING IS GOOD... EVERYTHING I MUST HAVE IS STNDARD ON THE 1SS..With the exception of the four pack Gauges..Witch i can get from the dealer @ a later date... Honestly.. Other than the Four Pack , and leather... the rest of the stuff on the 2SS I dont care for anyway...

WOOHOO THERE IS HOPE YET!!..

Quote:

Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #87
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
the economy is taking a dump, banks are closing, its harder to get credit. the camaro order start on Oct 13-15, with no pricing , what kind of madness is this.

obviously this ordering is for confidant, financially secure individuals that have the mula.
...that would be me. I made a good career choice. Electronics, specializing in military comms.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #88
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
...that would be me. I made a good career choice. Electronics, specializing in military comms.

Another relatively secure job field...... public safety. Isn't that right Tag?

Anywho, back to pricing...... be patient young grasshoppers......