Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: What do you think?
love it 257 38.30%
hate it 414 61.70%
Voters: 671. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #141
golfer1

Drives: orange/black/orange 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDan View Post
Anyone thought about putting lambo doors on the camaro
how much would it cost to have both automatic lambo doors the ones that open automaticly when ya hit the button.

just an idea.

post some thoughts.

Really??? Lambo doors??? Ask people your dad's age if they would have put lambo doors on a '68/'69 and watch them give you a WTF look. Im sorry for being harsh but I'm a big purist.
golfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #142
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Come on guys, he just asked what people thought. A simple "Yes" or "No" will suffice, you don't have to make fun of him.

Frankly I don't care what people do with their car...if he wants to scissor his doors, then more power to him.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #143
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
nooooooooooo!!
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #144
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
personally..I like em...Here is what I would do...focus on the end result...if its something you can really see yourself getting some enjoyment out of doing... go for it...do not focus on what other people think...if your happy..that's all that really counts. When customizing my own car I focus on the end result...draw it out in my own head and I focus on how I feel about it. I don't worry what other people may think...ask yourself..first of all is it safe?..is this something I would really want to do and have on my car over the long term? Will I be in over my head if I attempted this on my own? Dose it really have any purpose besides looking cool? If you can answer all these questions with a yes..GO FOR IT!
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #145
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
OMG are you serious? Lambo doors? That is so RICE.

IM KIDDING IM KIDDING!!!!!
I agree let people do what they want to do. I will say that if all door where this way I wouldn't have half the dings on the sides of my doors from people slamming their car door into mine.

I will also agree that there is a trend forming on this website. It almost seems that ANYTHING that isn't something that someone agrees with it is being called rice. For instance in the audio forum. Someone said the puting subs in your trunk is rice--wtf. How in the hell is this rice. I don't know about you but putting a 10 or 12 in the back of your trunk really does make a whole world of a difference in music. Maybe thats just me and maybe I am riced out. I mean I do drive an 09 GTS Lancer right now until my camaro gets here--lol.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #146
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
holy crap that is creepy!!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #147
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
And more on topic, that orange Camaro with the lambo/scissor/whatever doors... i gotta say that was actually kinda hot lookin. Too expensive for me to consider it, but if you can afford it, why not?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #148
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoske View Post
OMG are you serious? Lambo doors? That is so RICE.

IM KIDDING IM KIDDING!!!!!
I agree let people do what they want to do. I will say that if all door where this way I wouldn't have half the dings on the sides of my doors from people slamming their car door into mine.

I will also agree that there is a trend forming on this website. It almost seems that ANYTHING that isn't something that someone agrees with it is being called rice. For instance in the audio forum. Someone said the puting subs in your trunk is rice--wtf. How in the hell is this rice. I don't know about you but putting a 10 or 12 in the back of your trunk really does make a whole world of a difference in music. Maybe thats just me and maybe I am riced out. I mean I do drive an 09 GTS Lancer right now until my camaro gets here--lol.
it's like we can't do anything to our cars so we can stand out. I don't know about the rest of you, but I DON'T want my car to look like everybody else. I want something that is mine, and cannot be mistaken for anybody else except me. My high rise spoiler will definitely be the first step in the process of differentiating my car from yours, because I already know I will be a minority with that option. Then a set of rims, and tint. That's about it for me. But that will make me different. I'm not willing to spend the money for lambo doors, nor do I want to open my door some then lift up all the time. So they are not for me, but others who won't be driving their car everyday, more power to ya.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #149
camaro_on_davins

Drives: 1998 oldsmobile kandy aurora
Send a message via AIM to camaro_on_davins Send a message via Yahoo to camaro_on_davins
its all about what you want to do. i was also thinking about putting them on mine also they still catch attention and look nice when they are done correct and if you added them make sure you get the gt factory 90 degree kit and not the 45 degree kit. i still might do it since mine will be a show car and road warrior mobile so i say JUST DO IT you only live once and who said anything about reselling this car bad idea
camaro_on_davins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #150
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
And more on topic, that orange Camaro with the lambo/scissor/whatever doors... i gotta say that was actually kinda hot lookin. Too expensive for me to consider it, but if you can afford it, why not?
i agree, i also like the wide body kit
the only reason i said that i like it but probably wouldn't do it is because a friend of mine had a car with them that was basically a driven show car that i drove around all the time and it just became kinda annoying lifting the door up in down every time you got in or out. some of the times i would just want the door to open normally.

but that only happened if you were doing a lot of running around on a daily basis.
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #151
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
if you do it you will die
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #152
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
Lambo doors were great..............on Lambos, but sinse the ricers and a few others have gotten into them, I think they're yesterday. But, it's your car, personalize it to your likes. I'm sure I'll personalize mine a little, and if others like it, fine, if not, don't look!
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #153
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Vertical door conversions are a bad idea. Personal tastes aside, they are a bad idea from an engineering standpoint. I posted this on CorvetteForum a while ago.

Quote:
Vertical door conversions are never a good idea because of the way a swing out door is designed. The concept works on the Murcielago/Diablo/Countach because the hinge is, in fact, mounted right on top of the front fender. In a vertical door kit, your doors have to swing on two different axes. It has to come out to clear the body and then up. This is inherently a poor design.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #154
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
You gotta be outta your mind

Tags
camaro, icce wheels, lambo doors