Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Arrow Synergy GREEN Custom Lighting Installation for member Shuffler!

I was really looking forward to working on this Synergy because I knew how cool the lights would look on this bad boy!

Bobby, thanks so much for coming down it was a pleasure to meet you and your family!
Great people on this forum and we are blessed to get to meet some of you guys and gals in person!

Pics do not do this justice, looks soooo cool in person

Green LED Illuminated Bowtie and other GREEN goodies installed, check out the video:

Look forward to the comments, I am going home to rest now!
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
B-Lo Camaro

Drives: 2LT RS Package
Wow, that looks real nice
B-Lo Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
Camaro21

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Nice Job AAC Style
Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Nice! I'm jealous, I'm going to order the halo foglights and the footwell lighting looks sweet I want the back bowtie but $100+ is steep. Aac wanna work on mine ???
Old 04-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
AACstyle

The rings are a near perfect match, they look off in hue in the pictures but the video represents the color much better
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Thanks Justin, and all the other folks. Great meeting all of you.

My Daughter is out showing her car off to friends around town. Later today she'll be back up at A&M. You folks in College Station be on the lookout.

Her car will be at the Kemah Boardwalk Camaro Show on April 25th. It will also be at the Aeros and Autos show on May 8th.

Last edited by Shuffler; 04-13-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Tell her to be careful, not street legal in Texas and small town/college are police love a nice fast car with PC to pull over. And you are almost forcing me to go to Kemah now lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
Tell her to be careful, not street legal in Texas and small town/college are police love a nice fast car with PC to pull over. And you are almost forcing me to go to Kemah now lol.
Come on to Kemah should be a great time. The venue is a great family place. Lots of nice boats of all types come through and lots of food.

Of course lots of Camaros too. Would be great having another Synergy in the show.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
imsuperdave
superbad IOM

Drives: 07 Suburban Z71, 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
The rings are a near perfect match, they look off in hue in the pictures but the video represents the color much better
Love the afterburner taillights, are the brake lights standard? You guys have some great looking products are you working with anybody in the midwest, specifically Michigan, to do installation work?

Thanks, Dave
imsuperdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Midgey

Drives: Green Envy
Quote:

I drove all the way up to A&M (2.5 hours) with my green halos on, passed several cops and state troopers on the way and no one pulled me over
Midgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsuperdave View Post
Love the afterburner taillights, are the brake lights standard? You guys have some great looking products are you working with anybody in the midwest, specifically Michigan, to do installation work?

Thanks, Dave
Yes, the brake lights work just like normal, the running lights are the rings.

RevolutionSS here on the forum can install for you in MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgey View Post
I drove all the way up to A&M (2.5 hours) with my green halos on, passed several cops and state troopers on the way and no one pulled me over
I do not pretend to know the laws of every state but our Dallas installer Mecha here on the boards seems to be very fluent in TX driving laws and I believe he says green is legal in TX (he has green lights on his car as well).

Don't take my word for it, hopefully he will chime in.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
Mecha
AAC Certified Installer

Drives: 2011 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Quote:
Green Halos are indeed Technically LEGAL in Texas.

Law only prohibits the use of strobing or RED halos.
all others are fair game.

doesnt mean though a cop with a hard on wont harass you.
been there done that with my green halos but i know the law and carry a copy with me.

here is the statue....
Quote:
§ 547.305. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF LIGHTS. (a) A motor
vehicle lamp or illuminating device, other than a headlamp,
spotlamp, auxiliary lamp, turn signal lamp, or emergency vehicle or
school bus warning lamp, that projects a beam with an intensity
brighter than 300 candlepower shall be directed so that no part of
the high-intensity portion of the beam strikes the roadway at a
distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.
(b) Except as expressly authorized by law, a person may not
operate or move equipment or a vehicle, other than a police vehicle,
with a lamp or device that displays a red light visible from
directly in front of the center of the equipment or vehicle.
(c) A person may not operate a motor vehicle equipped with a
red, white, or blue beacon, flashing, or alternating light unless
the equipment is:

(1) used as specifically authorized by this chapter;
or
(2) a running lamp, headlamp, taillamp, backup lamp,
or turn signal lamp that is used as authorized by law.
(d) A vehicle may be equipped with alternately flashing
lighting equipment described by Section 547.701 or 547.702 only if
the vehicle is:
(1) a school bus;
(2) an authorized emergency vehicle;
(3) a church bus that has the words "church bus"
printed on the front and rear of the bus so as to be clearly
discernable to other vehicle operators;

ok. so if you read this, it states that the beam of light cannot be directed on the roadway of more than 75 feet. if any of you have noticed while at night, they are bright but they dont shine that much while driving to the front. i think they may go 50 feet.
the second part say it cant be red, white, or blue if they are a beacon, flashing or alternating. the same way the overhead lights are on a patrol car. i dont think any of us have them set up that way. OH AND BLUE DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN EMERGENCY VEHICLE IN TEXAS. ONLY RED.
Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #14
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Great Mecha thanks for the input.

I drove the car around a few hours Sunday morning with the halos on to see what reaction I got from the officers. I passed several. The ones where I could see their faces they mostly smiled. One gave me the thumbs up. I guess if one was having a bad day he could give you some problems but that goes for most anything.

Midgey is my Daughter if some have not figured that out yet. I'm only ummm very proud of her accomplishments so far.... she is a bit spoiled but handles it well.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
Mecha
AAC Certified Installer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Great Mecha thanks for the input.

I drove the car around a few hours Sunday morning with the halos on to see what reaction I got from the officers. I passed several. The ones where I could see their faces they mostly smiled. One gave me the thumbs up. I guess if one was having a bad day he could give you some problems but that goes for most anything.

Midgey is my Daughter if some have not figured that out yet. I'm only ummm very proud of her accomplishments so far.... she is a bit spoiled but handles it well.
glad i can help
im kinda a green car guy
or was.... parting out my Charger now to trade it in.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I can't find the rear bow tie lights on your website. . .looks nice.

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #17
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I can't find the rear bow tie lights on your website. . .looks nice.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/LEDbowtie.aspx
Old 04-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
ramar
2nd Childhood

Drives: Synergy Green
WOW looks great! I am so excited now..I traded my red SSR for a Synergy Green Camaro on ST. Patties day. My son will be getting the car on the 26th of April to have for a week while I work out of town. He is installing the Green Headlight Halos', Green Fog Halo's, Afterburner Taillight, CCFL interior footwell lights and Green LED Bowtie light. As well as black bowties. He's also tinting the windows. I can't wait!!! I'm a lucky mom!! Thanks PETE!

* Gotta go wash the "Green Machine" it has a little dust on it!

Last edited by ramar; 04-12-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: TO AD ON.......
ramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #19
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgey View Post
whew!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #20
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
I must admit, that is a real different but fun look. It definitely catches the eye.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #21
SonnyakaPig

Do the footwell lights come with DIY install instructions or is the kit install better left to professionals? I don't have any experience with installing something like this. But I can follow directions. haha

Anyway, do you have any recommendations for a good place to have the footwell and/or afterburner tail lights installed in Southern California? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #22
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
Green Halos are indeed Technically LEGAL in Texas.

Law only prohibits the use of strobing or RED halos.
all others are fair game.

doesnt mean though a cop with a hard on wont harass you.
been there done that with my green halos but i know the law and carry a copy with me.

here is the statue....
There is another law, which I cannot find at this hour but was quoted to me by more than one Dallas motor cop that states front lamps must be white, sidemarkers amber, rear (brake) lights red and must reflect red (thus the hassle of tinting out the lights). Yes it is trivial but it is an excuse for you to be pulled over. I would love to find the statutes to post but am tired and it is way past my bedtime and I don't want Mrs Synergy to put me in timeout. Not to start a flame on this or anything, just warning people to be careful with the new shiny toys. I am looking to get them myself.

ok I found it and now I am going to bed fer realz

1. Daytime running lights must be white or yellow or any mix of the two (Federal law)

2. No federal law exists that dictates headlight color, only intensity and leveling.

3. Texas forbids red as the only color not allowed on the front of the vehicle.

4. Blue, red, or white cannot be used on the front if it flashes. (see #3 again for red)

5. Engine cowl (washer lights) or fender markers must be amber or white.

6. Marker and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]parking [COLOR=blue !important]lights[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] must be white or amber on the front, and red or amber in the rear.

References: Texas Transportation Code Chapter 547, 49 CFR Chapter 5, Part 571

Texas Transportation Code - Section 547.305. Restrictions On Use Of Lights - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws (http://law.onecle.com/texas/transpor...47.305.00.html)

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...vss/index.html)

and done on this topic lol will carry it to Texas forums if needed but moral is...just vague enough to haul you in to see the Judge in Texas...

Last edited by Synergy SATX; 04-12-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: found the laws
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #23
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
Do the footwell lights come with DIY install instructions or is the kit install better left to professionals? I don't have any experience with installing something like this. But I can follow directions. haha

Anyway, do you have any recommendations for a good place to have the footwell and/or afterburner tail lights installed in Southern California? Thanks.
There are videos posted by Camaro5 members showing how they installed theirs. Look in the DYI area of the forums. It is not complicated to install footwell lighting. It is a matter of hooking them up to do what you want, on when dome light is on, or when ambient lights are on, or as Justin and crew did my Daughter's camaro.... connected to the remote setup.

I had AAC install them because I had much more than just that done.

I'm sure when Justin checks the boards in the morning he will post the installers in Cali. I'm pretty sure I saw him post on another thread about an installer in or around the Palm Desert area.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #24
SonnyakaPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
There are videos posted by Camaro5 members showing how they installed theirs. Look in the DYI area of the forums. It is not complicated to install footwell lighting. It is a matter of hooking them up to do what you want, on when dome light is on, or when ambient lights are on, or as Justin and crew did my Daughter's camaro.... connected to the remote setup.

I had AAC install them because I had much more than just that done.

I'm sure when Justin checks the boards in the morning he will post the installers in Cali. I'm pretty sure I saw him post on another thread about an installer in or around the Palm Desert area.
Whoa! sweet. Thanks for the feedback. That would be great if there was an installer near PD.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #25
Mecha
AAC Certified Installer

Quote:
There is another law, which I cannot find at this hour but was quoted to me by more than one Dallas motor cop that states front lamps must be white, sidemarkers amber, rear (brake) lights red and must reflect red (thus the hassle of tinting out the lights). Yes it is trivial but it is an excuse for you to be pulled over. I would love to find the statutes to post but am tired and it is way past my bedtime and I don't want Mrs Synergy to put me in timeout. Not to start a flame on this or anything, just warning people to be careful with the new shiny toys. I am looking to get them myself.

ok I found it and now I am going to bed fer realz

1. Daytime running lights must be white or yellow or any mix of the two (Federal law)

2. No federal law exists that dictates headlight color, only intensity and leveling.

3. Texas forbids red as the only color not allowed on the front of the vehicle.

4. Blue, red, or white cannot be used on the front if it flashes. (see #3 again for red)

5. Engine cowl (washer lights) or fender markers must be amber or white.

6. Marker and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]parking [COLOR=blue !important]lights[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] must be white or amber on the front, and red or amber in the rear.

References: Texas Transportation Code Chapter 547, 49 CFR Chapter 5, Part 571

Texas Transportation Code - Section 547.305. Restrictions On Use Of Lights - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws (http://law.onecle.com/texas/transpor...47.305.00.html)

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...vss/index.html)

and done on this topic lol will carry it to Texas forums if needed but moral is...just vague enough to haul you in to see the Judge in Texas...

you are correct but halos are not headlights are not turn signals or marker lights.
they are none of those.

I have the entire texas lighting code saved i have read it i have had cops go over it. i have even installed halos on several police officer personal cars.

want the codes i will repost them but this isnt the place and i wont threadjack