Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #151
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Slim,

Have you received the prototype from Roto-fab yet?
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #152
NHSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We are still in the designing stages, so it's impossible to say where we will be when we complete the upgrade kit. This configuration will most likely also require a molded inlet elbow as we did with the maggie.
We are trying to keep cost in mind for our existing customers, but we also need to do what it takes to produce a system that performs as it needs to and fits like we think it should.
As you know, it's always much cheaper to go with our powder coat finish as opposed to an automotive color. However, once you've had a RJT box on your car, it would probably be difficult to settle for less.
Any updates on this?
NHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #153
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 2012 zl1
Our prototype air box provides the alignment necessary, but we still need to create a tube to go from the MAF housing to the throttle body. As we did with the Maggie, the polished stainless steel tube will most likely be available first. Afterwards, we will follow up with a plastic tube for this application.
Roto-fab 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #154
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Quote:
Our prototype air box provides the alignment necessary, but we still need to create a tube to go from the MAF housing to the throttle body. As we did with the Maggie, the polished stainless steel tube will most likely be available first. Afterwards, we will follow up with a plastic tube for this application.
Any update on the prototype airbox yet?

Last edited by Busy_Boi; 05-19-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Busy_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #155
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have been working with Roto-Fab. The new air box was sent to me and fitted up to the car. Now we are working on a new tube. Roto-Fab is hoping to have the tube done today and shipped out. If that happens I will have the tube on Friday if not it will be Monday. Once I have it all on the car I will post up pictures.
Cooling Mist Water/Meth
3.25 blower pulley
FAST 65 lb. hr. injectors
JRE Edelbrock fuel system upgrade
GM ZR-1 Clutch
Roto Fab CAI
Kooks Headers Jet Hot Coated
Kooks High Flow Cats
3" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust
Barton Short Throw Shifter
JRE Dyno Tune
Slim2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #156
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim2SS View Post
I have been working with Roto-Fab. The new air box was sent to me and fitted up to the car. Now we are working on a new tube. Roto-Fab is hoping to have the tube done today and shipped out. If that happens I will have the tube on Friday if not it will be Monday. Once I have it all on the car I will post up pictures.
Thanks Slim2SS for the response and how much fun are you having with the Supercharger?

Last edited by Busy_Boi; 05-19-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Busy_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #157
Roto-fab 1

The tube and first mock-up box should have make it to Robert on Friday. While he is test fitting the combination, we are ironing out the air box design for production. It's looking good so far. We should have some pics of the final air box by tonight-Saturdays are good for R&D work!
As of now it appears the air box wall and the tube will both be changed to fit this application. We are taking this approach to achieve a correct fit, but also we want to use our existing MAF housing. It's already proven to make great power and tune well with in a S/C application; therefore, it's the one part we definitely don't want to change!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #158
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
The tube and first mock-up box should have make it to Robert on Friday. While he is test fitting the combination, we are ironing out the air box design for production. It's looking good so far. We should have some pics of the final air box by tonight-Saturdays are good for R&D work!
As of now it appears the air box wall and the tube will both be changed to fit this application. We are taking this approach to achieve a correct fit, but also we want to use our existing MAF housing. It's already proven to make great power and tune well with in a S/C application; therefore, it's the one part we definitely don't want to change!
Thanks for the update happy that I can keep my Roto-Fab with the E-Force charger.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #159
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

I did get everything from Roto Fab on Friday. I mocked it all up and sent it back to them first thing this morning. So it should be real soon!!!
Cooling Mist Water/Meth
3.25 blower pulley
GM ZR-1 Clutch
Roto Fab CAI
Kooks High Flow Cats
JRE Dyno Tune
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #160
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Has Roto Fab finish with the final CAI for the E-Force Slim2SS. My E Force is getting install now on my L99, I will still use my Roto Fab but with your mod.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #161
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy_Boi View Post
Has Roto Fab finish with the final CAI for the E-Force Slim2SS. My E Force is getting install now on my L99, I will still use my Roto Fab but with your mod.
Your roto-fab is still on your car

I made some small modifications to your wiper reservoir, and tweaked a couple of things(mods are unnoticeable). Long story short, you officially have the straightest intake tract I've ever seen on a camaro.

We go on the dyno tomorrow with our first stage 2 eforce system.
Can't wait for some #'s

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #162
Roto-fab 1

Pending one last test fit, here is the final version of the Roto-fab CAI for the E-force equipped cars. We've modified the air box, the inlet elbow and the changed the hose couplers. We are posting some views that show the diffferences in the air box itself.
The hump hoses we send to "Slim2SS" will be black in color and they are cut shorter to fit properly. We've already had good feedback from customers that have dyno tested our intake by turning the MAF housing enough to couple to the throttle body. The set-up pictured will yield the same results.
We will be sending the prototype to "Slim2SS" Monday for a final test fit before releasing the intake. He has been very helpful to us in the development of this system.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #163
oachalon

I cant wait. My edelbrock e-force is sitting in the boxes next to the car. I havent had time to install it, but if i can still keep my rotofab intake it would be nice.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #164
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Pending one last test fit, here is the final version of the Roto-fab CAI for the E-force equipped cars. We've modified the air box, the inlet elbow and the changed the hose couplers. We are posting some views that show the diffferences in the air box itself.
The hump hoses we send to "Slim2SS" will be black in color and they are cut shorter to fit properly. We've already had good feedback from customers that have dyno tested our intake by turning the MAF housing enough to couple to the throttle body. The set-up pictured will yield the same results.
We will be sending the prototype to "Slim2SS" Monday for a final test fit before releasing the intake. He has been very helpful to us in the development of this system.

That looks really nice Mike @ HaddadMotorsports made some small modifications to make my Roto Fab fit the E Force.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #165
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

I got the completed CAI from RotoFab late today. It looks awesome!!! I will have it on the car tomorrow and post pics of it on the car.
Cooling Mist Water/Meth
3.25 blower pulley
GM ZR-1 Clutch
Roto Fab CAI
Kooks High Flow Cats
JRE Dyno Tune
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #166
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

Send a message via AIM to PsshPlzz
this setup
Old 06-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #167
oachalon

Slim and Rotofab,

Any updates?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #168
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsshPlzz View Post
this setup

got mine delivered finally. problem is, dont have a car yet. Im a sick man. Need HP rehab!

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #169
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

Send a message via AIM to PsshPlzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post

got mine delivered finally. problem is, dont have a car yet. Im a sick man. Need HP rehab!
dont we all
Old 06-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #170
Roto-fab 1

We've sent out a handful of these kits already. We only have one more in stock; however, we are building another batch of them this week.
Send a pm if you are interested in one!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #171
Roto-fab 1

We've just finished our first production run of the E-force boxes. While they are at the powder coater, we will be building the stainless steel intake tubes. We will have more kits available next week.