Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #85
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Slim2SS I was wondering that same thing to rotate the pipe I am glad you did it so now I know it works. But I dont like the MAF sensor on top like that but it will have to work til Roto-Fab makes one for the E-Force. I also see that you have the same setup that I going to have but I have the L99 with the 3" American Thunder from Flowmaster. I cant wait to see what you dyno tomorrow so I know what number I can look for when I get my E-Force install when ever it comes.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #86
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 14 Stingray
Like many, we are anxious to hear your dyno #s. Thanks for the additional pics. They will be very helpful in coming up with our mods for this application. BTW, since your temporary set-up doesn't have any provisions to absorb motor rock, I would keep an eye on those connections!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #87
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Custom_Painted View Post
Edelbrock posted dyno results for their 1598 kit. Looks really good.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...argers/camaro/
It is interesting that the numbers posted for the Camaro are the same for the Corvette, only after the Corvette has a high volume fuel pump added to the system. I am guessing the stock Camaro fuel pump flows at a higher rate than the Vette. Nice work documenting everything. I hope you pull great numbers tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #88
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Like many, we are anxious to hear your dyno #s. Thanks for the additional pics. They will be very helpful in coming up with our mods for this application. BTW, since your temporary set-up doesn't have any provisions to absorb motor rock, I would keep an eye on those connections!
Thats a good point. Thank you for the heads up. What I am wondering though is that the rubber pipe going from your intake to the throttle body is what is supplied with the E-Force kit. That same pipe is what Edlebrock wants you to use to connect to the stock air box with there new lid, wouldnt they have the same problem with motor shock? There kit has no couplings in it like yours at all.
Slim2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #89
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Thanks for the mod details. Similar to what Im planning. Looking forward to the dyno results.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #90
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

I just got home from having the car Dyno tuned at East Coast Supercharging.

First and fore most if you are using the stock Edlebrock tune that comes with the kit and you have any mods to your car DO NOT drive the car hard or under boost untill you get it tuned. The stock Edlebrock tune is very very lean with headers and CAI.

Okay so now to the good stuff my best pull on the Dyno was 588 RWHP. Now I know that sounds awesome and to good to be true and well it almost is, let me explain.

Even though we got to 588 RWHP the car ran out of fuel pressure and it leaned rite out, so with out addressing the fuel system that horse power means nothing in the real world driving. So while I was there I decided to have them install a Kenny Bell BAP. I have to be honest here and say that I have very mixed feelings about the BAP. I have heard a lot of pros and cons about these units. So I need to do some more research on this.

Because of everything I have heard about the BAP I had them set the voltage very low on the unit. I know that it ment giving up some horse power but I would rather be safe then sorry since the results were more then I could have hoped for.

I most also say that I am learning about all of this stuff as I go. According to the tuner the torque curve was great. I am not really sure how it all translates to the car but I will take his word for it.

The one thing I found the most interesting was the boost curve. The car runs about 6 PSI of boost untill about 5000 RRM and then it goes all the way to 9.5 PSI of boost at 6500 RPM.

Now the sadest part is that just as I was ready to leave it started to rain, so I couldnt even play with car on the road to really see what it feels like!!
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #91
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
D@MN!!! Nice numbers. 9.5 pounds is kinda' pushing it, no? Is that with the pulley that comes with the kit, or did you have it changed out? Regardless - very nice numbers!
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #92
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
D@MN!!! Nice numbers. 9.5 pounds is kinda' pushing it, no? Is that with the pulley that comes with the kit, or did you have it changed out? Regardless - very nice numbers!
Stock pully!!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #93
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim2SS View Post
Stock pully!!
That's kinda' scary considering this kit doesn't come with anything to support that power, fuel-wise. Was this a production kit or what we all would be able to buy? Shoot - other companies are pulley'ing down to keep from too much boost. Maybe something's not right...
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #94
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
Your boost graph should be smooth, it looks like you have belt slip!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #95
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Great numbers. One of the reasons you see the TQ stays up almost to the redline, is because of having those runners which helps a lot with the TQ. I bet that thing builds boost instantly.

If I were you, I'd sent a copy of the dyno to Edelbrock and ask t hem why the boost is so jumpy. I wonder if it something to do with that valve up front. If it was a Turbo, I'd say the WG spring is too weak, but there is no WG here. Other than that, you car a killer ride now.

BTW, those guys at ECS, wouldn't BS you a bit. You went to the right place!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #96
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Good thing that I bought the Fastlane twin pump, not so good that I also bought a smaller pulley and belt.

If you are hitting 9psi with LT headers, how much boost is going to make on a stock car?

JM
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch
Edelbrock E-Force SC / JRE Fuel Upgrade
Livernois 1C cam 570 rwhp/559 rwtq SAE
Best 1/4 time: 11.43
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #97
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM10 View Post
Good thing that I bought the Fastlane twin pump
JM
See, I told you!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #98
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks for sharing your build story and results. I still don't have a tracking number, but knowing your success gives me confidence that I made the right choice.
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote