Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
pkauf

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Convertible RS
Tie in to Power Adapter Wires By Shifter

Sorry about the cryptic Title, not sure of the terms for what I'm looking for.

I have a 2LT, and have the power adapter up by the gauge package. I would like to tie into the wire that powers that socket. I know how to get into the rear of that area (put in footwell lighting, and its easy to pull off the side trim behind the gauge package). What I'm not sure of is where the wires that go to that socket are, colors, etc. If anyone has any info on this, I'd appreciate it.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 265WT GPS that I am getting this for:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001US4RUA/ref=oss_product

Problem is, the 265WT can't use the usb power from it (plan on using that for phone charging), so I want to hide the power cable up under/behind shifter. I need to create a socket back in that area. They have a similar unit that has a external power socket:
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Lighter.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

But it hangs there, and looks like crap. I'd rather make it a semi permanent installation, and run the cord up the trim by the gauges/drive shaft hump.

Thanks!!!!