Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Tankrust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/6MT
For Our Soldiers

I was wondering if we might be able to have a moment of silence to honor all of our soldiers...especially those that are deployed to protect our country.

My husband won't be able to attend the fest since he is in Afghanistan. He isn't in the military, but he is a civilian contractor working along side our armed forces.

I just thought it would be nice to honor them, and maybe even have any soldiers that are there with us this weekend to be acknowledged.

Just asking....Thanks.
Tankrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very well put.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Tankrust

Not to be a beggar or whiner...but... Pleaseee..... whithout these men and women we wouldn't be having a Camaro Fest with Camaro lovers from around the country....

I am sooo excited.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
I agree too, but maybe following the moment of silence as a show of respect, let's do a huge boisterous cheer as show of support. Let it be to all active duty service members, their families and to all of the retiries as well. There are going to be a lot of both participating here at Camaro5Fest, including my Hubby who has in over 30 years of active duty in the Army and has done his share of over seas tours.

I'm very proud of every service member, including Andy who is a student and in ROTC who is joining the Air Force. Tis a small world that we should meet up in the parking lot a few hours ago after meeting the first time in Columbus last summer when he chased my Camaro down.

Hooah!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #5
Tankrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro View Post
I agree too, but maybe following the moment of silence as a show of respect, let's do a huge boisterous cheer as show of support. Let it be to all active duty service members, their families and to all of the retiries as well. There are going to be a lot of both participating here at Camaro5Fest, including my Hubby who has in over 30 years of active duty in the Army and has done his share of over seas tours.

I'm very proud of every service member, including Andy who is a student and in ROTC who is joining the Air Force. Tis a small world that we should meet up in the parking lot a few hours ago after meeting the first time in Columbus last summer when he chased my Camaro down.

Hooah!

That all sounds great. I come from a long...lonnng line of military (including myself)...so I agree that Past AND Present soldiers should be honored....always.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Being active duty myself, Thank you for the support! We can't do our jobs without the love and support of our American friends and family! I'll be saluting my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Arms from the sea.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:45 AM   #7
Tankrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Being active duty myself, Thank you for the support! We can't do our jobs without the love and support of our American friends and family! I'll be saluting my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Arms from the sea.
And my family, friends and I will be saluting you with the love, respect, and honor that you deserve. Thank you for what you do.

Oh, by the way...sweet color...
Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
If you only knew!
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote