Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
It's arrived! Camaro's answer to the Shelby GT500

...it's coming....stay tuned.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
...it's coming....stay tuned.
Did I miss something?
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Did I miss something?
Nah..
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
...it's coming....stay tuned.
Tease!
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN
 
Drives: 1967 CAMARO
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 286
going to pick up my camaro on monday will post pics so very happy been waiting for 5 years now to be done!!!!!
1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN
 
Drives: 1967 CAMARO
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 286
i heard gm i working on a ss ls7 camaro maybe at the new york auto show ???????? called the yanko i heard it from a good freind of mine
1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:11 AM   #7
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
going to pick up my camaro on monday will post pics so very happy been waiting for 5 years now to be done!!!!!
Ummm...what?!


i heard gm i working on a ss ls7 camaro maybe at the new york auto show ???????? called the yanko i heard it from a good freind of mine

No. I don't think that's it either.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,729
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
I can promise you that the LS7 will not be offered in a Camaro... I'm not saying that GMMG or some other company wont be offering it in a Camaro... but GM is not going to use old technology in a new car.

I am always curious why anybody posts up that they have great news or some great revelation and then continually stop before actually posting it... didn't we all get past the "I know something you dont know" playground mentality when we got out of grade school? post up what you know or wait for it to be revealed and then let us know that you knew it was going on... this teasing mentality has immaturity written all over it.
__________________
got tequila?
SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #9
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Z-Ya Later
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #10
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner
 
Urthman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 540
spill it...
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #11
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I can promise you that the LS7 will not be offered in a Camaro... I'm not saying that GMMG or some other company wont be offering it in a Camaro... but GM is not going to use old technology in a new car.

I am always curious why anybody posts up that they have great news or some great revelation and then continually stop before actually posting it... didn't we all get past the "I know something you dont know" playground mentality when we got out of grade school? post up what you know or wait for it to be revealed and then let us know that you knew it was going on... this teasing mentality has immaturity written all over it.
Relax. I was only trying to have a little fun. I did not post anything about "great news", "great revelation", or "I know something you don't know". I was attempting to have some FUN. I apologize to those of you who had a problem with this thread.

This IS NOT meant as an insult, but some people need to "relax". I agree, I do not like all the "I know something" B.S. either, but this was not my intention. I never said I knew something, etc.

Seeing as this thread took a direction I did not intend, I will stop with the "teasing mentality" and "immaturity", and let you know that I am in the process of building a Yenko version of the 5th Gen., and once it was completed, I was just going to post a pic. of the completed version.

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #12
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Relax. I was only trying to have a little fun. I did not post anything about "great news", "great revelation", or "I know something you don't know". I was attempting to have some FUN. I apologize to those of you who had a problem with this thread.

This IS NOT meant as an insult, but some people need to "relax". I agree, I do not like all the "I know something" B.S. either, but this was not my intention. I never said I knew something, etc.

Seeing as this thread took a direction I did not intend, I will stop with the "teasing mentality" and "immaturity", and let you know that I am in the process of building a Yenko version of the 5th Gen., and once it was completed, I was just going to post a pic. of the completed version.

Its all good Moose. I think that some people are just "information starved' and any hint of any kind of information just gets the nerves rattled a littlebit.

I would also like to point out that if this was indeed information about the actual 5th gen, Moose probably wouldn't have put it in the Media Gallery....
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 AM   #13
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I would also like to point out that if this was indeed information about the actual 5th gen, Moose probably wouldn't have put it in the Media Gallery....
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #14
35th02ss

 
35th02ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wallops Island, VA
Posts: 760
Um ok. That's all it is right now is speculation. I can see if he made a statement that was untrue or miss leading.
On the other hand there might be some truth to what he is saying. The concept has a 400hp LS2. Now by 09 the motor might change but the hp is either going to stay the same or gain some. So how much will the uplevel package have?

Moose can't wait to see the yenko concept.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 10 04-11-2008 04:11 PM
Ford Announces New Shelby GT KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 20 06-14-2007 09:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.