Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive Archive of all guides, manuals and other documentation.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #51
punkdrum01

Drives: 1999 z28 Vert Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
They need to have the 1SS available with some of the features from the 2SS as options. Looks like there could be a 3-4k difference between the two.

I totally agree.......I want an SS w/leather, ambient lighting, and the BA system, that is all..... and now this thing is telling me the ONLY way I can do that is upgrade to a 2SS and pay another 3K (estimate) for a bunch of crap I don't need???? I dont understand why I can't get just the leather package added to the 1SS. I totally understand the need to bundle options to keep costs down, I just think GM should do better than a just two packages per trim level, especially on the SS.
punkdrum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #52
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
:upset::upset:

I can only get the
4pack gauges
interior accent lights
Stripes
Inferno Orange interior

Unless I get leather. :upset::upset: I DO NOT want leather. Leather cracks and is damaged easily or has Leather gotten better.

Ok, I have gotten that out of my system. Maybe this will change. Or, can I do a custom order?
i have used my truck for work and gotten mud, concrete, plaster, and paint on my seats and you would never know. Leather doesnt crack, vinyl does though. and now you cant get it custom without.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #53
headpunter

i think so big of a step between the two is a great thing, i think it shows that they are going to sell the 2ss at a closer price to the 1ss to make people want to spend a little bit more and get the 2ss over the 1ss
Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #54
The Project
Don't Mess with the Zohan

Drives: 89 IROC
Time to start saving up for spring.
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
The Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #55
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrum01 View Post
I totally agree.......I want an SS w/leather, ambient lighting, and the BA system, that is all..... and now this thing is telling me the ONLY way I can do that is upgrade to a 2SS and pay another 3K (estimate) for a bunch of crap I don't need???? I dont understand why I can't get just the leather package added to the 1SS. I totally understand the need to bundle options to keep costs down, I just think GM should do better than a just two packages per trim level, especially on the SS.

You think you're mad at this, go to a Toyota dealer and get ANY of their cars with leather...... you have to get all the bells, whistles, kitchen sink, garbage can, and sump pump. Even the extra float you'll never use.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #56
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
You think you're mad at this, go to a Toyota dealer and get ANY of their cars with leather...... you have to get all the bells, whistles, kitchen sink, garbage can, and sump pump. Even the extra float you'll never use.
its 3k dollars... car loan wise its not alot....
Old 10-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #57
JJ#48Racing
Fear the Hawg!

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Damn, the only thing I really wanted that isn't available on the 1SS is the auxilary gauge package . I may have to man up to the 2SS.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #58
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Damn, the only thing I really wanted that isn't available on the 1SS is the auxilary gauge package . I may have to man up to the 2SS.
you can get that as a dealer install
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #59
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
thanks

Well that is cool for all those that are going to order on the 13th
and I myself love all this info going around

Again thanks for the great post of info.
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #60
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
This type of misinformation is why leaks are bad. We should be able to get the aux gauges separately at the dealer.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #61
Lost

Drives: Kia Sportage
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Confused or bummed, from the look of this I HAVE to get the 2SS for the 4 pack gauge, does that sound right? I don't really want all the other things, guess I mean I don't need it and don't want to pay more for it. Does that sound right to all of you?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #62
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Confused or bummed, from the look of this I HAVE to get the 2SS for the 4 pack gauge, does that sound right? I don't really want all the other things, guess I mean I don't need it and don't want to pay more for it. Does that sound right to all of you?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #63
headpunter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

these posts meet this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
you can get that as a dealer install
Old 10-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #64
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Phew. Loks like almost everything I want is in the 1SS which means my dream for the V8 is alive (until pricing destroys it). I'd like the sterring wheel controls added. Other than that I'm thrilled. I didn't want the leather seats and thought I'd be stuck with them on the SS.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #65
zappr

Drives: past X33 Z28
ANYTHING CAN BE A DEALER INSTALL.
Remember when the 1982 Camaros came out? You could not get a 305 L69 in Canada for a while. I was working at a Chev dealership and got the info about differences from a dealer in Seattle. My friend then custom ordered the changes to be dealer installed before delivery, therefore had the first L69 in Canada and with a full GM warranty.
zappr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #66
swifttal
Man, this guy's a d!*k

Drives: '91 Z-28, '94 BMW 540i
Nice post!!! Great to have confirmed facts! Now just can't wait to see if any possible pricing info gets leaked next week...
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #67
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
where the 21 inch rims in there?
5th_GEN_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #68
headpunter

they are in the 17page monster workbook
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #69
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
kk thanks! why can i bring up the "workbook" packet anymore? pos comp...
5th_GEN_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #70
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Automatic Transmission seems Standard on the SS though...

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.

OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #71
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
these posts meet this post
Dang, some of us REALLY love those freaking console gauges, eh?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #72
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
Automatic Transmission seems Standard on the SS though...
no the AFM L99 and the Auto cost more so they are the optional drivetrain options, if you look at the free flow options the auto is A = Available = Optional
Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #73
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Well, the way I look at it, 1SS starts out at a higher price anyway. Since so many features are common to both SS trims I'm HOPING the price difference isn't that great to upgrade to the 2SS.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #74
McDee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well, if you are getting a camaro regardless, then what do you care when pricing comes out if you cant get the car at that point in time?

and if you say....well I want to know how much to save.... if you are that worried, you should be saving money for it already. regardless of what it will ultimately cost.

thats whats wrong with this damn country, everyone wanting to pay things off over time with little to no money down.

ive been stashing money away for the last 2 years for this car. because I plan on putting a large down payment on it.

and i understand, not everyone has money to spare, but if thats the case, then you dont need to be buying a new car in the first place.
I've put $500 per month in a savings account since February, so do the math. Thanks for considering that I could possibly be what's wrong with this "damn country."

But, is it that much to ask? Maybe I want to know whether or not my SS will cost $32k or $38k. Maybe I want to know if it's worth upgrading to the 2SS package. Maybe I want to know if my payment will be $450 or $600+. Maybe I don't want to sign my life away on a car that I haven't physically seen or driven without knowing how much it's going to cost.
3300 - 3/17/10
3400 - 3/18/10
3800 - 4/02/10
5000 - 4/14/10
6000 - 4/19/10
McDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #75
Supercoolyo

Drives: 1993 Mazda MX-6
McDee, I'm with you with the curiosity on the pricing and knowing it'll affect my decision overall, however maybe you should consider saving longer to compensate for the expensive options with your down payment... Anything you put down lowers your monthly payment and you don't pay interest on it.

As for me, I'm going for the 1SS, Auto, and RS pack, which I expect to be around $32-33. While I'm also waiting on pricing and know that if it's $35 I'll be getting a V6, I'm still going to save and get mine later, after the HUD and all colors are available, possibly even in 2011 because I'm not going to take out payments on a car I can't put at least half down on. I make $10/hr and live with my parents, but I'll be using that savings on rent ($700/mo) towards my car, and know that even if it takes me two years, I'll have way lower payments, probably a shorter payment plan, and will pay way less for the car overall in interest. Waiting is hard, but working hard for small wages to compensate impatience is harder.
Supercoolyo is offline   Reply With Quote