Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #26
Mrs Synergy SATX
Debbie

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
I VOTE TEXAS

Agreed Ernest!:bow :
Old 04-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
That would be awesome....A sub-meet in conjunction with Hot August nights in Reno could be something we think about as well..If people were interested.
Skip anything official for Hot August nights...To register and be a part of the shows you have to have something 1972 and older.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #28
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Double that...and you'd still be short of what showed up in South Georgia this weekend. Not trying to be controversial...and I get your point (and agree), but I'd be willing to bet that if there's ANYWHERE in the country that has a higher concentration of 'Camaro fans'...it would be the south-eastern US. Did I just stereotype us all????
EXACTLY! We have almost half the population of C5F showing up to a WEST COAST meet. You guys may have had 500 or so members at C5F, but they were from all over, including Canada! If we can pull half that from just three neighboring states out west--I'd say we have a pretty high concentration of members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Agreed, if we can't come up with a happy medium before next year, then I vote we form a west coast chapter and have a west coast camaro5 fest.
I say we do it anyway, two C5 meets!

Quote:
Skip anything official for Hot August nights...To register and be a part of the shows you have to have something 1972 and older.
Bummer. Reno is cool.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #29
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Bummer. Reno is cool.
Thats just for being registered in the shows..Theres nothing that says we cant have a meet there or even in Tahoe for that matter.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #30
brandotron
I am the internets.

Quote:
Thats just for being registered in the shows..Theres nothing that says we cant have a meet there or even in Tahoe for that matter.
I don't know that area very well, but I'd be there if we set something up.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #31
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

If anyone that runs C5 is officially interested in something like a "West Coast" meet in the Reno/Tahoe area or this gains momemtum ill certainly be game into being a local hookup to help get it arranged.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #32
brandotron
I am the internets.

Quote:
If anyone that runs C5 is officially interested in something like a "West Coast" meet in the Reno/Tahoe area or this gains momemtum ill certainly be game into being a local hookup to help get it arranged.
It might be cool if everyone were to get accommodations in Reno, cruise to Tahoe for a meet, the cruise back to Reno to party.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #33
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
I hope it stays in the South East. I missed it this year, but will defintely attend next year if it is in Valdosta Ga or anywhere close.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #34
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
I say it has to be back at the same place, perfect facility, not to crowded...could you imagine trying to do a cruise in Vegas??? The track wants us back, restaurants are posting on our forum thanking us and already offering things if we come back.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #35
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
When we come to a decision for next year we will let everyone know. Like I said in other threads. It's too early to talk about it now.

Quote:
We definitely woulda went this year if it wasnt so far away. Maybe a West Coast chapter meet...Vegas in Oct sounds good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Agreed, if we can't come up with a happy medium before next year, then I vote we form a west coast chapter and have a west coast camaro5 fest.
Camaro5fest is a community event. We don't want to isolate ourselves or form "chapters" it would only break apart the community.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #36
Jamie Mac
Camaro for sale

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
[QUOTE=Milk 1027;1740494]When we come to a decision for next year we will let everyone know. Like I said in other threads. It's too early to talk about it now.

Milk, Its been over for more than 24 hours. What do you mean its too early to talk about it? The clock is ticking!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #37
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Camaro5fest is a community event. We don't want to isolate ourselves or form "chapters" it would only break apart the community.
I'm with Milk on this one. Why make two kinda big events when there can be one BIG A$$ed event. We make it a two or three day event and it'll be extra worth the traveling for those wo can do it and those who can't can come when it gets close to them.

But I think it was Scott who mentioned that if we get it going a full year in advance, it would be even bigger.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #38
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
I say it has to be back at the same place, perfect facility, not to crowded...could you imagine trying to do a cruise in Vegas??? The track wants us back, restaurants are posting on our forum thanking us and already offering things if we come back.
Yeah I could imagine it...Have you been to Vegas lately? Ever been to the track?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #39
swansor

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
364 days to go....
Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #40
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Quote:

Im not sure how this would be any different then the little meet and greets everyone already posts here but its all good I guess!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #41
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
When we come to a decision for next year we will let everyone know. Like I said in other threads. It's too early to talk about it now.

I'm sure you guys are going to give it tremendous thought, and peoples feelings are going to get hurt (geographically speaking). I'm also sure that you guys realize the magnitude of what you started and the opportunity that exists to create something that is sustainable for the long haul. A solid anchor is will help ensure your success...as unfortunate as that anchor location may be for some.

I'm attending the C5/C6 Bash with my father in a couple of weekends...and their schedule is AWESOME. The link is below and hopefully it can give you all some good ideas for next year and offer some insight into opportunities for extending the 'boundaries' of the event (noting how much everyone LOVED the one cruise event this weekend).

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist...h/agenda.shtml
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #42
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Nebraska is smack dab in the middle.......we have corn and stuff like that! Now who doesnt like corn? I actually think kansas has some speedways!
I was going to say Topeka, KS.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
Old 04-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #43
brandotron
I am the internets.

Well, if it's close enough to me I can bring my car to the track. If not, I can fly out and be a drunk idiot while others tear up the track. It's a win-win either way
Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #44
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Well, if it's close enough to me I can bring my car to the track. If not, I can fly out and be a drunk idiot while others tear up the track. It's a win-win either way
Thats the spirit! Hmm..Not a half bad idea actually.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #45
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Well I missed it this year......but hell if I'm gonna miss next years!!!!

Where's it gonna be?
This years event didn't really start getting planned until later in the fall of last year ...

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #46
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I am trying to talk them into having it in Topeka, KS.

Here is the track there. We could have dragstrip and road coarse. Pretty much the middle of the USA for all to hook up at.

http://www.hpt.com/
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #47
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Kansas.... thats the same exact distance as GA for me and it is centrally located BUT... you need to look at popultion desity...

There are more people within a days drive to Lexington, KY then any other city. I suggest having it somewhere centrally located to the POPULATION DENSITY not the GEOGRAPHY of the country. Sure, it screws the people on the west coast but so what, they live on the west coast... They have 70 degrees and sunny year round!

I think you would see more people attend if it were around KY or TN... problem is where? SGMP was awesome and i'd have no problems going back there and I'd make it a longer trip. Maybe spend a few days in Savannah.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #48
Dan@showstopper
Showstopper Accessories

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I think a more central location would be better for attendance. I'm not complaining, just saying people from the west coast would more inclined to make the trip.

2010 Camaro5 Fest Pfadt car show winner, 2010 Central IL. Camaro Meet "Best Underhood"
www.showstopperaccessories.com
Be a fan of Showstopper Accessories on Facebook!
E-mail me for a catalog dan@showstopperaccessories.com
Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #49
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
we will be there ..wherever ,whenever....except for tomorrow the team has gotta catch up on sleep.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #50
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
I think a more central location would be better for attendance. I'm not complaining, just saying people from the west coast would more inclined to make the trip.
maybe...

Closed Thread