Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Sully

Drives: Orange 2SS/RS LS3
wow this car attracts WAY to much attention...

Ok, long story short, i met a girl 2 days ago, we were gonna go out tonight... i was on my way to pick her up and it was kinda tricky to find her place (plus i've got a girl giving me directions... go figure) anyway i end up turning around once and going into the wrong complex once until i finally get close, then have to turn around again.... and then.... lights in my rear view...wtf
apparently i got pulled over for "suspicion of evading police" really?! is this a real thing? haha... i think you would know if i was evading you cause im pretty sure if i wanted to outrun a cop i could (not that i would ever even attempt it, but still) i guess he was down the street oncomming when i made the first turn-around and followed me from there. so i politely explain im picking up this girl for the first time, blah blah blah and lets me off
but wow this car attracts ALOT of attention. i dont even wanna get tints or exhaust anymore just for that reason... thank god i've got a firefighter ID to get me out of the silly stuff

just a funny story i thought i would share

anyone else get pulled over for super random stuff? im sure we'll have a few more funny stories
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
Ummmm... On-star turn by turn? Lol
Brokenlizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
"Suspicion of evading police?"

I'd be like "Dude, I'm not doing anything wrong. Why the hell would I try to evade you? Ego much?"
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
Sully

haha, yea or my Tom Tom... but she gave me a general idea where she was and then i called when i got closer, but she was so far off i was already past her place when i called... however when i asked east or west side of the street she knew that so i'll give her credit
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
"Suspicion of evading police?"

I'd be like "Dude, I'm not doing anything wrong. Why the hell would I try to evade you? Ego much?"
yea his exact quote was "i thought you were trying to loose us" or something to that effect... in my head i thought "really?"
its a little suburb outside of the city so they make their money on every little ticket they can write... if i was the cop i would have known i was lost just by me turning around on a random block, pulling into some crazy church assisted living type complex and then turning in at the very next apartment complex... it was 2 younger cops so they kinda laughed about it thank god, but still i've had cops follow me before during the day when i was doing nothing wrong and shifting at 2K
i guess thats what you get for having a nice car and being young
Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
What county?
Brokenlizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlizrd View Post
What county?
i live in the city of chicago (cops are pretty laid back and have better things to worry about, you can get away with 15 over and they wont even look twice) but i was in Crestwood which is not huge, but when compared to the city its small and they basically pay their payroll by writing every ticket they can (or at least thats how my dad explained it, he was a cop for the city for years)

i guess i can see how it was kinda shady the way i was driving because i obviously didnt know were i was going, but i dont think i ever broke 35 mph at any point in time

i just didnt get were he thought i was trying to "evade" him haha
Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #8
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
funny story!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #9
Big Brunsy

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Ok, long story short, i met a girl 2 days ago, we were gonna go out tonight... i was on my way to pick her up and it was kinda tricky to find her place (plus i've got a girl giving me directions... go figure) anyway i end up turning around once and going into the wrong complex once until i finally get close, then have to turn around again.... and then.... lights in my rear view...wtf
apparently i got pulled over for "suspicion of evading police" really?! is this a real thing? haha... i think you would know if i was evading you cause im pretty sure if i wanted to outrun a cop i could (not that i would ever even attempt it, but still) i guess he was down the street oncomming when i made the first turn-around and followed me from there. so i politely explain im picking up this girl for the first time, blah blah blah and lets me off
but wow this car attracts ALOT of attention. i dont even wanna get tints or exhaust anymore just for that reason... thank god i've got a firefighter ID to get me out of the silly stuff

just a funny story i thought i would share

anyone else get pulled over for super random stuff? im sure we'll have a few more funny stories
outrun a cop, perhaps. Outrun his radio, I'm thinking not.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #10
Sully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
outrun a cop, perhaps. Outrun his radio, I'm thinking not.
haha! yea, and plus being in such an obvious car doesnt help... i would NEVER even think of trying to run from the lights, but seriously, i never went over 35 mph as i was trying to read addresses and trying to figure out where the hell this girl was telling me to go.

i just ment it in a way that a cruiser wouldnt be able to catch a camaro, and that i was in NO WAY trying to "evade" him...
1 on 1... im sure the camaro would destroy a crown vic... however its not 1 on 1... its 1 vs alot with radios haha...

i was just sayin...ya know?! haha
Old 04-21-2010, 03:38 AM   #11
Big Brunsy

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
haha! yea, and plus being in such an obvious car doesnt help... i would NEVER even think of trying to run from the lights, but seriously, i never went over 35 mph as i was trying to read addresses and trying to figure out where the hell this girl was telling me to go.

i just ment it in a way that a cruiser wouldnt be able to catch a camaro, and that i was in NO WAY trying to "evade" him...
1 on 1... im sure the camaro would destroy a crown vic... however its not 1 on 1... its 1 vs alot with radios haha...

i was just sayin...ya know?! haha
I know, wasn't suggesting you were gonna try it or anything. Would especially not recomend trying it in the Chicago area. I've got away from the cops a couple times (back when i was a stupid high school punk), but only because it was a sure thing. Around here the radio isn't near as quick as say Chicago. The next officer could be 20-30 miles away.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #12
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Trying to evade in a bright orange Camaro--now that is funny!

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #13
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
So how did the date go? lol.....

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #14
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Know the feeling well, every time the wife and I take both cars out and play follow the leader we always get followed by one or two cops. They seem to think we are going to start racing or causing trouble of some sort. Kind of cracks me up, and I hope it's her that gets the first ticket, she's kinda hard to keep up with at times ...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #15
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
So how did the date go? lol.....
what date he was lost the whole night lol. And to the op yeah i got pulled over once after a cop followed me about 4 miles down a stright road. Never went over 50 didnt go over any lines nothing. So i see the lights and think oh hes going some where so i pull over a litlle and so does he... IM like wtf i do?? He walks up to my door and tells me that its going to rain today and blah blah about safe driving. So after looking in my truck as he is talking to me just trying to find something to make this work for him he sees a little crack in my wind shield. I mean tiny less then 2 inchs on the bottom right side. Gives me a 78 dollar ticket for it. I respect cops and they have a hard job but really dude? i just paid it and got a new wind shield just sucks i had to go down town and have the truck inspected. Which cost me even more to have a cop walk out go yeah its ok and walk inside.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
The real question that needs to be asked here....was she hot???? lol
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #17
highmark
Burnin out!

Drives: Sick SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=babes
Wheather the cops or your date, the conversation should allways start with this.
highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #18
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '13 Jeep Wrangler 4WD
your lucky he didnt nail you for being on your phone while driving...if you were in CT you woulda been takin her out to wendys with the ticket you woulda received
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I thought they had to be chasing or following before accusing you of attempted evade!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Most police don't even act like they see mine. I have no plate on the front and it's require in Oregon where I live.

A couple weeks ago though, I was at a red light in the left lane and a state trooper pulls up in the left turn lane next to me but half a car ahead. After maybe 15 seconds, he backs up till he's even with me. I look over and he rolled his window down so I rolled mine down too. He asks me what kind of exhaust I had, I kinda froze for a moment wondering why he's asking. Then I told him how it's got ARH headers, a cold air intake and a cam and dyno tune. His response was "that thing sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeet".
I said thanks and my light turned green and I gunned it a little so he could hear more.

Nearly a year and we still get a lot of attention. Sweet car, The Camaro is.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #21
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlizrd View Post
Ummmm... On-star turn by turn? Lol
Apparently he couldn't reach the OnStar button to get directions it seems.

And yes, my girlfriend LOVES my car!

#7741 - RY 2SS w/black rally stripes - picked up on 5/28/2009
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #22
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by highmark View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=babes
Wheather the cops or your date, the conversation should allways start with this.

Not sure if you know, but it's "whether" and "always".

And yes, my girlfriend LOVES my car!

#7741 - RY 2SS w/black rally stripes - picked up on 5/28/2009
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #23
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I got pulled for going through a yellow.......go figure. Cop was cool though.

I woulda just asked the cop for directions.....LMFAO.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #24
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I got pulled for going through a yellow.......go figure. Cop was cool though.

I woulda just asked the cop for directions.....LMFAO.

Are you saying that the cops all know the way to this guy's new girlfriend's house?
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #25
daddyuhoh

Drives: '10 SS1/'03 Tahoe/'06 Harley
The last thing you want to do is be a smart a-- to a cop. The best way to get jacked yet. Been there, done that and not worth it...
daddyuhoh is offline   Reply With Quote