Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #18
srtclg1007
 
srtclg1007's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Van Buren
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Just found out my dealer is getting 25 cars.
how big is your dealership??
srtclg1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith
 
Txturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rosenberg,Texas
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtclg1007 View Post
how big is your dealership??
Its in a large city....don't want to tell until my order is complete. I'm waiting for them to get finished with the IDL stuff today.
__________________

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,588
Is the allocation the amount they will be able to order and get when the Camaro comes out in March? Reason I ask is that I was told sometime back that the allocation will be spread out over the 1st 6 months so if your dealer gets 25 cars and you are #21 then it will be Aug or Sept before they actually order your car.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #21
JeanBond21
 
Drives: Focus
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gotham City, Tx
Posts: 18
apparently my dealer is getting 67.....Classic Chevy in Grapevine, Tx. They're the biggest chevy dealer we have.
__________________
Ordered: 2SS/RS
Manual Transmission
Rally Yellow w/ Black Stripes

Classic Chevy of Grapevine
#9 out of 60!
JeanBond21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #22
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanBond21 View Post
apparently my dealer is getting 67.....Classic Chevy in Grapevine, Tx. They're the biggest chevy dealer we have.
My dealer right behind you with 63 :fighting0040:
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #23
ChevaroSS
 
Drives: 08 Altima Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 6
67!?!? 63?!?!? wow.. mine are getting like 12
ChevaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #24
littlecammi
 
littlecammi's Avatar
 
Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 614
From what I have read, these allocations cover from start of production in February through the third quarter (sometime around September), or for about six months. 12 cars equates to only two per month, while even 60 cars is still only 10 per month. And if they stick to the planned 70% V6 and only 30% (or less) SS production? The dealer allotted 60 Camaros will only get about 3 SS Camaros per month.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #25
fireplug
 
Drives: 07 Tundra
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingman, Az.
Posts: 81
100,000

With those kind of numbers - 100,000 units in a first year run sounds unlikely. Wasn't 100,000 GM's projection for year one?
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #26
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,621
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
With those kind of numbers - 100,000 units in a first year run sounds unlikely. Wasn't 100,000 GM's projection for year one?
GM may be deliberately underestimating SS allocation. That way, it gives GM the opportunity to send V8s to wherever they are ordered. We all know that allocation isn't set in stone. It depends on how many are ordered and how many are getting picked up on the lot. If GM keeps the V8 allocation numbers low, customers who really want V8s will order V8s. GM doesn't have to send as many randomly to dealerships because people will order them specifically. It's a brilliant strategy because it allows GM to flood lots with lucrative V6s while building V8s for those who really want them. Plenty of V8s will be on lots anyway, but so many people will want a V8 Camaro that they will go into the dealer for a special order, artificially increasing allocation.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:06 AM   #27
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Is the allocation the amount they will be able to order and get when the Camaro comes out in March? Reason I ask is that I was told sometime back that the allocation will be spread out over the 1st 6 months so if your dealer gets 25 cars and you are #21 then it will be Aug or Sept before they actually order your car.
I have been wondering the same thing. My dealer told me today your fine, just come in next week and place your deposit. But it seems to me, getting my order into the system hours before the other guy might translate into weeks earlier when the car arrives? Is it going to be a mad dash on Monday to get orders in as soon as possible so the I can get delivery in March? If my dealer has an allotment of 21, do I need to be in the 1st 4 or so to get in the 1st 30 -45 days of deliveries? Thoughts?
One other problem I have is Iím still in between a couple different colors/ strip combinations. Can I place the order now and firm that part up later?
Thoughts anyone?
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #28
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. My dealer told me today your fine, just come in next week and place your deposit. But it seems to me, getting my order into the system hours before the other guy might translate into weeks earlier when the car arrives? Is it going to be a mad dash on Monday to get orders in as soon as possible so the I can get delivery in March? If my dealer has an allotment of 21, do I need to be in the 1st 4 or so to get in the 1st 30 -45 days of deliveries? Thoughts?
One other problem I have is Iím still in between a couple different colors/ strip combinations. Can I place the order now and firm that part up later?
Thoughts anyone?
That answer is YES. Keep in mind I base my opinion in what I read here and on other Camaro forums. You can change your order right up until December when the final production requisitions are given to the assembly line. Do you have to be at your dealer's with coffee at 4am on Monday? Probably not. If you already have a "waiting line" spot at your dealer, that's how he/she is going to enter the orders anyways.

I WOULD GUESS that even though a dealer with a 2 car allocation places his pre-order at 9:01 am, if I was 1st on the list at my dealer who's getting 63 and my pre-order was placed at 4:59 pm, ultimately my actual order will be built first. Remember these are pre-orders; how and when Chevy prioritizes them is up to Chevy. In addition, I would think that the pre-order system will also give Chevy the opportunity to shift the 2nd production run towards the "smaller allocation" dealerships that actually got many more than expected pre-orders. My expectation is that orders will be filled faster than expected; I understand why Chevy wouldn't want to give you a delivery date and miss it. These numbers have to be conservative.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #29
DFWSS
Weekend Warrior
 
DFWSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 145
Send a message via AIM to DFWSS Send a message via MSN to DFWSS Send a message via Yahoo to DFWSS Send a message via Skype™ to DFWSS
I really hope that the dealer's allocation is not based on 2002 models sold. My Chevy dealer wasn't around then, but is the first new Chevy dealer to open in the Dallas area in 17 years. They've been around for about 5 years, and are a decent sized dealer. I've shot an email to my sales rep to figure out what their allocation would be.

I put down my deposit on Thursday, and I should be one of the first he enters in on Monday.
__________________
Living in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex? Join the Camaro5 - DFW Group.
2SS/RS IBM M6, White Stripes, Black Interior, 20" Polished
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2731&dateline=1216744276 border=0 alt= />
1100-10/15
2000-5/18
2500-5/19
3000-5/21
3300-6/6
3400-6/15
3800-6/23
4D-6/25
4B-7/31
42-8/3
5000-8/11
DFWSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #30
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWSS View Post
I really hope that the dealer's allocation is not based on 2002 models sold. My Chevy dealer wasn't around then, but is the first new Chevy dealer to open in the Dallas area in 17 years. They've been around for about 5 years, and are a decent sized dealer. I've shot an email to my sales rep to figure out what their allocation would be.

I put down my deposit on Thursday, and I should be one of the first he enters in on Monday.
No, it is not based on anything from 2002. However, it is based on their sales as a percentage of total nationally...

From Fbodfather...

"Allocation is 'conservative' -- that's because we have a slow 'ramp up' of production because quality is our number one concern.......we MUST get it right -- and if the ramp up proceeds as it did with Malibu and the C6, I think you'll see allocation numbers rise the next round -- it could also mean that the next round of allocation comes sooner than expected!

Allocation is based 70% on dealer's total retail sales as a percent to the nation == and 30% of Sport Segment registrations as a percent to the nation......

.........which essentially means that we're looking at two things: A dealer's historic sales rate -- AND -- we're looking at the area of his/her responsibility to see what the propensity is for people to buy Sport Cars (Mustang/Eclipse/G35, Tiburon, etc) --so that we also look at the market..................so if you're a dealer in an area where virtually no one buys a Mustang or Eclipse or such -- it's gonna impact your allocation........on the other hand, if you're a dealer in an area where a lot of Mustangs and Eclipses are registered, your number is going to be higher."
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #31
CatiaJockey


 
CatiaJockey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ocean Springs, Ms
Posts: 2,828
I'm not having much luck. Sales people seem to be in the dark big time about this. Went yesterday and sat down with a dealer, had all the options worked out and she called this morning telling me the deposit will now be 5K instead of the 3K she quoted me yesterday, and basically I'll simply have the first right of refusal if its not what I want when it comes in. Got a reply back from another just a few minutes ago:

Hi Rick, our Inventory Manager is off on Saturdays. I will not know our # of allocations till Monday. Ordering is open to legitimate sold orders Monday. We do require and have deposits on the Camaro on a first right of refusal. Since we do not know pricing, refunds are redeemable.

When you order a vehicle, option changes can be made within a few days. This does not mean that the factory will accept the change order and if it does it may push the production date back.

My Inventory Manager is going to set the selling price Monday when we learn more about our allocation and the number to be built. This being a new vehicle in the market, GMS, GMM AND GSU are not going to apply at this time.
I will call you Monday as I learn more details.
__________________
CatiaJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #32
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
I'm not having much luck. Sales people seem to be in the dark big time about this. Went yesterday and sat down with a dealer, had all the options worked out and she called this morning telling me the deposit will now be 5K instead of the 3K she quoted me yesterday, and basically I'll simply have the first right of refusal if its not what I want when it comes in. Got a reply back from another just a few minutes ago:

Hi Rick, our Inventory Manager is off on Saturdays. I will not know our # of allocations till Monday. Ordering is open to legitimate sold orders Monday. We do require and have deposits on the Camaro on a first right of refusal. Since we do not know pricing, refunds are redeemable.

When you order a vehicle, option changes can be made within a few days. This does not mean that the factory will accept the change order and if it does it may push the production date back.

My Inventory Manager is going to set the selling price Monday when we learn more about our allocation and the number to be built. This being a new vehicle in the market, GMS, GMM AND GSU are not going to apply at this time.
I will call you Monday as I learn more details.
She is BSing you. She can find out RIGHT NOW what her allocation is. Pricing (selling price) not yet set from the dealer? Find another dealer my friend.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #33
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,204
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
I'm not having much luck. ...
What dealer is it? Are they on the "watch list" sticky here for dealer gouging?
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #34
CaptianSam
Car Garage
 
CaptianSam's Avatar
 
Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: north west
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I fail.



On another note, I just requested allocation information from my dealer.
this boat tipped over and had over 7000 mazda mx5 miatas on it HAHAHAH
__________________
2012 2SS RS Ordered
Black on Black 6 speed Coupe Artic Lid Stripes
Yes I Supercharge Everything

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dealer information question's!! jbynum69 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 8 01-01-2015 12:10 PM
Detroit dealer takes deposits for Camaros already! Tran Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 18 10-21-2012 08:28 AM
Some Dealer Info..... KarlChev Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 82 04-23-2009 09:16 AM
Factory Striping vs. Dealer Installed RetroDude Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 1 04-23-2009 02:01 AM
How does your dealer match up. 13F20 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 19 10-10-2008 12:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.