Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Detroit Speed
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #76
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Okay so let me get this straight......this guy Ivan (Bad Karma) who doesn't list a phone number or have a website bought the 4 that Nick had so he could charge more for them and sell them to the members here???
hmmm... wow... if that is true... well... you know what they say about karma...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #77
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
i have been talking to him about doug thorley products. he is buying straight from the company at a discount price and sell them for a little more than what he paid. but it is lower than retail price
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #78
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
i have been talking to him about doug thorley products. he is buying straight from the company at a discount price and sell them for a little more than what he paid. but it is lower than retail price
But Nick from DTH was offering them for $325... which was supposedly already heavily discounted..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #79
trudawg660

guess we will have to wait and see how much he is going to sell them for. he is selling DT longtubes and catback for way cheaper than retail
Old 04-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #80
Abygale

Drives: .
This guy is apparently a distributor for them so that clears this up.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #81
trudawg660

i dont think he is. his SS was the prototype for the catback system. think he just a regular person that thought it would be smart to buy in bulk and resale. but i could be wrong
Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #82
asmith10

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
hmmm... wow... if that is true... well... you know what they say about karma...
Yup hes trying to resell them for $445..
asmith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #83
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
Yup hes trying to resell them for $445..
Well, it's still a better price than the JBAs, but that's a $120 mark up per set for making a phone call. Seems a bit steep to me.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #84
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
Well, it's still a better price than the JBAs, but that's a $120 mark up per set for making a phone call. Seems a bit steep to me.
Not too much better..

http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/2.../JBA%201816SJS
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #85
asmith10

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Its not right that's what it is
asmith10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #86
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I can get JBA's for 350..
Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #87
John VS

Quote:
Not too much better..
Good price, but those are stainless. Ceramic coated will be more.

Quote:
I can get JBA's for 350..
Ceramic coated?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #88
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Boy and Girls...

I work for directly for Conley Holdings LTD.

You can verify my association directly with Stephen Conley (the owner) if you'd like.
His cell is 928-273-8114.

The headers that we bought are being resold at the SAME EXACT PRICE that we bought them at. $325 plus shipping.

Let's get that straight right now.

I had originally started a Group Buy to facilitate you guys and the prices that I was going to initially pay was more than $350. Hence the difference in price.

You have to remember that these are still in pre production and that the only pricepoints that have been set are the MSRP.

SO.....Since we're in the business of taking care of people and so that some of you know what I am about, I am reselling them at the same cost.

Apparently some of you were upset and thinking that I wanted to resell them at a significantly higher price.

Obviously we are a company and plan on making some profit but $120 is a little outt hand like one of you stated.

I STRONGLY reccommend that next time you go straight to the source (me) before you make accusations.

Again, I'm here to take care of those who take care of each other. I have a full time job and this right here is a hobby to me guys.

I thank those who know and have done business with me.

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #89
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Ivan if you would please PM me. Thanks.
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #90
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale
Okay so let me get this straight......this guy Ivan (Bad Karma) who doesn't list a phone number or have a website bought the 4 that Nick had so he could charge more for them and sell them to the members here???

..And my phone number is 505-507-4210.

I'm open for 24/7 for customer service guys.

I've listed my number before,
Ivan
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #91
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2013 Zl1 & 2010 Ltd. Ed. Synergy V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
..And my phone number is 505-507-4210.

I'm open for 24/7 for customer service guys.

I've listed my number before,
Ivan
OK gang I contacted Ivan this AM about a purchase he gave me a quote and I sent him the paypal loot. He then contacted me again saying there were some issues with getting the shorties to me in the time he had initially promised and gave me another quote lower than the first. No prompt, no waiting very timely let me know and offered lower rate on his own. I took a walk around SPokane Falls as I am on a business trip ATM (and it is lovely you must go if you can) saw a yellow Camaro LS (rental ha I shoulda done that). After that, all the "drama" unfolded regarding prices. He contacted me (per my request) explained what had happened and some confusion/issues/i dunno let him 'splain it/ between prices he had on his end with the supplier. Long story short, he sold the DT shorties at the $325 price and I am getting the DT cat back at a very good price as well (pending production).

Been to Iraq a couple times and having watched brave people make decisions during the "fog of war," well I have learned I need to try to keep it all in check and communicate before dropping the anger hammer. It is all good now and I just had a lovely plate of Seafood Alfredo from Olive Garden. Now to convince my wife to get the eibach springs and bar kit before we go to the course... TY all, John for posting your car with the gear on it, your info sold me on DT and TY Ivan for setting up the sale.

OK zen moment over. Need to balance the budget... dang Camaro.
Synergy SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #92
Abygale

Drives: .
Okay thanks Ivan, I didn't see your number in this thread and I haven't been following the other threads.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #93
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
OK gang I contacted Ivan this AM about a purchase he gave me a quote and I sent him the paypal loot. He then contacted me again saying there were some issues with getting the shorties to me in the time he had initially promised and gave me another quote lower than the first. No prompt, no waiting very timely let me know and offered lower rate on his own. I took a walk around SPokane Falls as I am on a business trip ATM (and it is lovely you must go if you can) saw a yellow Camaro LS (rental ha I shoulda done that). After that, all the "drama" unfolded regarding prices. He contacted me (per my request) explained what had happened and some confusion/issues/i dunno let him 'splain it/ between prices he had on his end with the supplier. Long story short, he sold the DT shorties at the $325 price and I am getting the DT cat back at a very good price as well (pending production).

Been to Iraq a couple times and having watched brave people make decisions during the "fog of war," well I have learned I need to try to keep it all in check and communicate before dropping the anger hammer. It is all good now and I just had a lovely plate of Seafood Alfredo from Olive Garden. Now to convince my wife to get the eibach springs and bar kit before we go to the course... TY all, John for posting your car with the gear on it, your info sold me on DT and TY Ivan for setting up the sale.

OK zen moment over. Need to balance the budget... dang Camaro.
Mike,
Thanks for the support. I was a Storm Vet and I sincerely apprectiate your Service and Patriotism

Abygale, it's all good.

-Ivan
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #94
John VS

Glad this worked out. Thanks for being a stand up guy, Ivan.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #95
trudawg660

see guys i told you. karma you know what i bought my doug thorley catback from your boss. i called him this morning he was really upset with doug thorley
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #96
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Quote:
Glad this worked out. Thanks for being a stand up guy, Ivan.
Absolutely. You are welcome.

Quote:
see guys i told you. karma you know what i bought my doug thorley catback from your boss. i called him this morning he was really upset with doug thorley
You can imagine how I felt when I left after this thread started heating up and both John and Abygale called Nick...:( I was totally blindsided. Had to cancel my afternoon plans and get back to a PC asap to see what the hell was going on.

Glad everyone is good and things are straight.

Again, still have a couple sets at $325 plus shipping and then the next batch will more than likely be around/above $400.

But let's wait and see since pricing seems to be something that you guys see changes with the wind.

Thanks all and take care,
Ivan
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #97
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro and 1999 Camaro
Payment made and headers ordered!

Thanks Ivan!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #98
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
Payment made and headers ordered!

Thanks Ivan!
My man! Thanks again for your business.

2 left at the STEAL of a price.

Let's get em closed out guys and gals.

You all know what we paid for em, and you know what a good deal you're getting.

PM me and jump on before the next production batch and price increase.

Thanks everyone,
Ivan
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #99
John VS

Quote:
both John and Abygale called Nick... I was totally blindsided.
To be fair, I've been in contact with Nick and Jamie this week to ask about availability and pricing. Nick e-mailed me the $325 deal to share with members this morning, right about when you were on the phone ordering apparently. I posted it this am and next thing I know Nick sends an e-mail saying they're all sold. I couldn't imagine how everyone in the thread got through to him so fast!

Once I saw what had happened, I just sent Nick an e-mail letting him know that members would likely be a bit PO'd if someone scooped up all the remaining sets just to resell them at a higher price. That's all I said (err...wrote).

But like I said, you're a stand up guy for doing the right thing and taking care of people on C5. Glad this could work out for everyone.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #100
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Quote:
To be fair, I've been in contact with Nick and Jamie this week to ask about availability and pricing. Nick e-mailed me the $325 deal to share with members this morning, right about when you were on the phone ordering apparently. I posted it this am and next thing I know Nick sends an e-mail saying they're all sold. I couldn't imagine how everyone in the thread got through to him so fast!

Once I saw what had happened, I just sent Nick an e-mail letting him know that members would likely be a bit PO'd if someone scooped up all the remaining sets just to resell them at a higher price. That's all I said (err...wrote).

But like I said, you're a stand up guy for doing the right thing and taking care of people on C5. Glad this could work out for everyone.
We're good John.

I'm glad too. Just wish that the next run that we're getting could be bought at the same price!!!!! Let's see what they decide on.

Still got one left at the deal so it'll be nice to see 4 more sets out on the streets and on YouTube. The videos and dyno info has proven to be invaluable and quite insightful.

Can't wait to get the rest of the orders in.....it's going to be pandemonium. lol

-Ivan