Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 AM   #26
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Was at my Chevy Dealer again last night working the sales manager to hopefully work with me on pricing when ordering opens up.
He said once he gets his allotment he would be better able to deal with me. I just got off the phone with him and he says his allotment for the 1st model run year is 21.
HE further says MSRP is the lowest they would go, and it was not up to them, it was a decision by GM.
I thought Id throw this out to you all for comment. I can understand if hes only getting in 21 for the whole year, why they might not discount (they have an arrangement with COSTO for special member pricing BTW) , but I was surprised to hear them say this was a decision by GM? Does GM have such control over the dealers?

Id been popping my head in routinely building a relationship, and they claim to be the largest in the Washington DC region, with the largest corvette sales for an even larger area.
Should I go in and plop down a deposit? Is this the best I might hope for?

Please send me a Private Message with this dealer's name and WHO it was that told you this.

He's not telling you the truth - because it is ILLEGAL for us to fix pricing.......
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,224
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Please send me a Private Message with this dealer's name and WHO it was that told you this.

He's not telling you the truth - because it is ILLEGAL for us to fix pricing.......
In other words, this dealer's pants are on fire.

Fbodfather, I think I can speak for all of us when I thank you for being so involved in the Camaro even when it is about to hit the lots. We appreciate that you don't want any misconceptions coming from dealers.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #28
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 415
Well, they have changed the story not GM, now management

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Originally Posted by fbodfather
Please send me a Private Message with this dealer's name and WHO it was that told you this.

He's not telling you the truth - because it is ILLEGAL for us to fix pricing.......

In other words, this dealer's pants are on fire.

Fbodfather, I think I can speak for all of us when I thank you for being so involved in the Camaro even when it is about to hit the lots. We appreciate that you don't want any misconceptions coming from dealers.
Well, they have changed the story. I was with the sales manager and the sales guy this morning and I asked with both of them present whats with this GM will not allow below MSRP deal and the sales manager quickly chimed up, no thats our decision. I replied well Russell (the sales guy) , said you had said it was GMs decision and it was out of your hands . And Russell chimed in , well, I meant to say it came well above Brians head this decision (leaving one to believe they were now talking about the dealership ownership). So to make a long story short, I know what he said, but I did not get anything in writing, so it seems they have worked themselves out of that falsehood. Even though the sales guy has been there for a while, I try and go straight to the sales manager as I have yet to hear anything come from his mouth that I questioned. ( Hmmm makes me wonder should I place a deposit at 2 dealers, and when the time draws nearer, pit them against one another?, on the other hand some guys on the site seem to be quoting significant markups, should I just stay put and consider myself lucky?)
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2

Last edited by PatrickfromMD; 10-13-2008 at 01:03 PM.
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #29
Jamestwilliams
junior member
 
Drives: Grand Am
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 534
Okay the lesson from the above story is always talk to the sales manager, the last thing a dealership wants is to piss GM off by accusing them of price fixing, that's slander. Salesmen quite often will say anything to defend their position, don't trust them.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #30
PatrickfromMD
 
PatrickfromMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
Okay the lesson from the above story is always talk to the sales manager, the last thing a dealership wants is to piss GM off by accusing them of price fixing, that's slander. Salesmen quite often will say anything to defend their position, don't trust them.
Point taken. I spoke to the dealership again. the sales guy says he was referring to the GM as their general manager that said no deals below MSRP. Everything else they have told me as been the straight scoop, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a simple misunderstanding on how he phrased it.
Considering what some others are quoting from their dealers, I'm doing pretty good. Thanks everyone for the input.
__________________

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #31
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!
 
scotchsride09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Point taken. I spoke to the dealership again. the sales guy says he was referring to the GM as their general manager that said no deals below MSRP. Everything else they have told me as been the straight scoop, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a simple misunderstanding on how he phrased it.
Considering what some others are quoting from their dealers, I'm doing pretty good. Thanks everyone for the input.

Oh.... ok; that's tricky. General Motors... General Manager... both = GM. Hopefully the sales guy will learn to say which is which from now on and stop confusing everyone!
__________________
Did I mention I have a sense of humor?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #32
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
So I need to be a manager to gain credibility........OK, I'm going to go talk with the boss....
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #33
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!
 
scotchsride09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
So I need to be a manager to gain credibility........OK, I'm going to go talk with the boss....
Well; first of all, I'd sign that petition!

But aww, Scotty, no one on here means you... you're special, after all.

But sales persons at car dealerships like you are more rare than common; and it's unfortunate that it's so, but it is. You're the first car salesperson I've met who has a genuine interest in the welfare of their customers and the product they sell and isn't just worried about the money. You sell cars like I would-- by passion.

Not that I begrudge needing to feed their families, but I think if the money is all a salesperson sees it definitely shows itself in the way they handle themselves and their customers.

But anyways-- this isn't a thread about car salespeople, it's a thread about a misunderstanding now
__________________
Did I mention I have a sense of humor?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:18 AM   #34
s.norman
 
Drives: not worth it
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: new jersey
Posts: 126
i don't understand how some people are getting this car for under msrp
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #35
Max
Banned
 
Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 121
Never trust a car saleman,he has his hands in your pocket..
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #36
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me
 
GothamCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NW Gotham, IL
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
i don't understand how some people are getting this car for under msrp
Unless they have the Employee Discount AND the Dealer accepts it, THAT'S how they would even be able to get it less than MSRP.

You got yours as MSRP, be happy, that's a good deal!
__________________
Own- "Does it come in Black?" Exterior/ Grey Interior 2LT/RS Automatic
_____________________________________
The Batman would only drive a 2010 Camaro and buy from Camaro Scotty. 'Nuff said.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #37
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Was at my Chevy Dealer again last night working the sales manager to hopefully work with me on pricing when ordering opens up.
He said once he gets his allotment he would be better able to deal with me. I just got off the phone with him and he says his allotment for the 1st model run year is 21.
HE further says MSRP is the lowest they would go, and it was not up to them, it was a decision by GM.
I thought Id throw this out to you all for comment. I can understand if hes only getting in 21 for the whole year, why they might not discount (they have an arrangement with COSTO for special member pricing BTW) , but I was surprised to hear them say this was a decision by GM? Does GM have such control over the dealers?

Id been popping my head in routinely building a relationship, and they claim to be the largest in the Washington DC region, with the largest corvette sales for an even larger area.
Should I go in and plop down a deposit? Is this the best I might hope for?
Have you ever seen the fine print on all GM adds " dealer may sell for less"???

It's there for a reason. It is called price fixing and is against the law to tell a Franchisee he can not sell below MSRP. Same reason Mcd's ads say "at participating restaurants" YOUR dealer is making up stories so you will not look for an invoice plus $400 deal some where else.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Dealer Info..... KarlChev Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 82 04-23-2009 08:16 AM
Factory Striping vs. Dealer Installed RetroDude Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 1 04-23-2009 01:01 AM
MSRP or Below dealer in Cali found Mindz USA - California 13 10-13-2008 10:05 PM
And so the gouging begins -Challenger pricing over MSRP The_Stache General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 27 12-07-2007 11:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.