Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Engine Bay Wiring Corner Cover

i saw this on someones car and thought it looked kind of cool but wasn't willing to spend 100+ dollars on it. so i got bored today and gave making one a shot.. i think it came out pretty good, for a 5 bucks, since i had most of the materials laying around. but if you had to buy everything you'd probably be in around 20-25 bucks...

i traced out a general/eyeballed measurement on card board for the template and cut it till i was satisfied with the fit..

i traced that onto a small piece of sheet metal (22 gauge) that i got from home depot for 5 bucks.. i made my bend prior to cutting so i would have more leverage. then i cut out my outline with a pair of tin snips and used a dremel to smooth out the rough edges

after that i just primed it and painted it . threw some rubber trim i had bought a while back at autozone for a motorcycle fender i made ..

overall this was pretty easy and i think it came out pretty good. im probably going to end up painting it black or maybe carbon fiber wrapping it at some point instead ... but yah. it was a fun and easy little project for a sunday.
Attached Images

Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, 18" M/t ET Drag radial, tuned by Pat G tuning

Last edited by robbiegordon; 11-20-2016 at 06:58 PM.
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
one more
Attached Images

robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
speedzalot

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Thanks for sharing, looks good,I'll have to try this whenever it warms up in a few months .
Old 11-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Bradley
Gray Eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM, 1994 Camaro
Looks Goods!

Ordered - 14 Aug 2009 Born - 4 Nov 2009 Delivered - 17 Dec 2009
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote