Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
kelleyperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Need help choosing... BMR, Pfadt, or Pedders

i have many many parts on our car, mostly BMR, but many others in there as well. but the one thing im torn between is the diff bushings.

due to how different they can be in material, the functionality as well as noise level (most importantly) will vary between all the different bushings.

SO im asking for your feedback, since thats the only real way i can gauge the noise level and effectiveness of eliminating deflection. so please, if you have these installed on your car, someone elses car, a shop car- please chime in here, it would be much appreciated

BTW, our setup is: TVS2300 (3.5" pulley), rotofab CAI, kooks 1 7/8" LTs (feeding into stock setup). eibach prokit, many BMR products, good sized tires. not a whole lot else, but you get the idea. car is drag raced almost once a week, and we plan on autocrossing it a fair amount. we do also drive it on the street every day, and the goal is to keep it as civil and 'stealth' as possible.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
honestly, for diff bushings, you wont know the difference. All 3 are great. My only input is I have BMR stuff and Pfadt but getting Pedders stuff was a mess and I sent my order back as they could only fill part of it and sent me wrong pieces as well. Aaron at Pfadt is awesome and very knowledgeable and easy to talk too. The guys at BMR are the same way and their products are top notch as well. You can't go wrong.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
honestly, for diff bushings, you wont know the difference. All 3 are great. My only input is I have BMR stuff and Pfadt but getting Pedders stuff was a mess and I sent my order back as they could only fill part of it and sent me wrong pieces as well. Aaron at Pfadt is awesome and very knowledgeable and easy to talk too. The guys at BMR are the same way and their products are top notch as well. You can't go wrong.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
I finally got my pedders bushings in and installed last week. There is definitely some noise, clunking and whine now. I got the 1167HD so I guess it's my fault although I was never told this may happen. Definitely stiffened things up with those and the 1201s. 1167HD are their heavy duty diff bushings and 1201s are medium duty subframe bushings, all are solid not hollow. Still waiting on sway bars.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
kelleyperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
I finally got my pedders bushings in and installed last week. There is definitely some noise, clunking and whine now. I got the 1167HD so I guess it's my fault although I was never told this may happen. Definitely stiffened things up with those and the 1201s. 1167HD are their heavy duty diff bushings and 1201s are medium duty subframe bushings, all are solid not hollow. Still waiting on sway bars.
that is what im looking for, thank you i know of these companies, have delt when all of them several times. just wondering on this particular car, who has used diff bushings and what the outcome was, mainly as far as noise. i was going to get the stg 2 pedders, but this saved me some money from having to switch them. thanks again
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
No problem, wish I had known it ahead of time.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post
i have many many parts on our car, mostly BMR, but many others in there as well. but the one thing im torn between is the diff bushings.

due to how different they can be in material, the functionality as well as noise level (most importantly) will vary between all the different bushings.

SO im asking for your feedback, since thats the only real way i can gauge the noise level and effectiveness of eliminating deflection. so please, if you have these installed on your car, someone elses car, a shop car- please chime in here, it would be much appreciated

BTW, our setup is: TVS2300 (3.5" pulley), rotofab CAI, kooks 1 7/8" LTs (feeding into stock setup). eibach prokit, many BMR products, good sized tires. not a whole lot else, but you get the idea. car is drag raced almost once a week, and we plan on autocrossing it a fair amount. we do also drive it on the street every day, and the goal is to keep it as civil and 'stealth' as possible.
Hi kelleyperformance,

Sounds like we have a couple of options for you, and what you are using the car for. Pfadt has two durometers of Differential Bushings available. These bushings come in "race" and "street" versions for customers who are looking for the ultimate in reduced deflection and are not concerned with NVH, and those that ARE concerned with NVH. We have had many customers say they aren't experiencing any added NVH with our RACE bushings. But sometimes, customers with other upgrades like the Pfadt Solid Subframe bushings, have gone with the "Street" versions of our Differential Bushings to combat any potential NVH additions. So the choice is yours. The performance difference between the two is minimal.

We always recommend using our Street Differential Bushings with our Pfadt Engine Mounts to start with. If the car was a dedicated track car, we would certainly recommend the race versions. Maybe some people can chime in with their experience of either of our bushing sets. Hope that helps!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
5gen10

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Yesterday, 10:40 PM #6 5gen10

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs

Took a 300 mile trip today to Morgan Hill the freeways were loaded with many obstacles. The car was flawless. Alot of times i had a big pucker factor going over some huge bumps. The car never hit the cut outs which are my lowest point. I have read in other threads people trying to make decision on what kind of suspension and that pedders takes to long to get. It is well worth the wait. I am very impressed the ride was very good for such tight suspension. I am very happy with my decision. I experience no NVH at all and I have all heavy duty bushings
5gen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
kelleyperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hi kelleyperformance,

Sounds like we have a couple of options for you, and what you are using the car for. Pfadt has two durometers of Differential Bushings available. These bushings come in "race" and "street" versions for customers who are looking for the ultimate in reduced deflection and are not concerned with NVH, and those that ARE concerned with NVH. We have had many customers say they aren't experiencing any added NVH with our RACE bushings. But sometimes, customers with other upgrades like the Pfadt Solid Subframe bushings, have gone with the "Street" versions of our Differential Bushings to combat any potential NVH additions. So the choice is yours. The performance difference between the two is minimal.

We always recommend using our Street Differential Bushings with our Pfadt Engine Mounts to start with. If the car was a dedicated track car, we would certainly recommend the race versions. Maybe some people can chime in with their experience of either of our bushing sets. Hope that helps!
thanks for the repsonse. i was going to most likely go with your diff bushings. but i am curious on the motor mounts... they look like the near solid mounts, such as the corvette mounts. we had put a set of your engine mounts on a Z06 that sees more track than street, and the vibration was just too much. are the camaro ones similar? BUT in our camaro, when your in the throttle fairly deep (not WOT) and let off but keep in gear, the car slams you forward. feels like something bottoming out, but i cant tell which part of the drivetrain it exactly is.... does that sound like something youve experienced?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
PfadtRacing

hi kelleyperformance,

The short answer to your question is: Yes, the Camaro Engine Mounts are similar in design to the Corvette Mounts that we sell. They are not really close to a solid mount since there are two big poly hat bushings that isolate the two halves of the mounts from each other. If I am being perfectly honest, I'd have to say if you didn't like them in the Corvette, than the Camaro will most likely be the same. Its just that we have geared these towards street performance for exactly this reason, so we haven't received much feedback at all about these (or the Corvettes) being too stiff for the street from any customers. Of course, this is a subjective concern, so not all customers opinions will be apples to apples! We respect everyone's opinion on this!

Robertway has posted up about his experience with these mounts, and how they were harsh for the first 30 minutes or so (negative review for NVH), and then everything just seemed to settle and provide great response (positive review after driving for a bit). If I can find his thread, I'll link you to it. Hope this isn't getting off topic! Just trying to give you an idea of what to expect, should you decide to upgrade your engine mounts.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
PfadtRacing

And yes, the main reason why we tackled the engine mounts on this car was because we experienced a lot of slop and loose feeling from the engine under many throttle loading-unloading conditions. You could feel it negatively affecting performance and we were not happy about it.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
Kscott46

Drives: 2010 Black SS2, RS, MT
PFADT all the way! Dont think twice about it!

Future Mods: PFADT Sways, SLP cat back, SLP X-pipe, SLP Headers, and Tune.
Kscott46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Pedders offers 2 diff bushings: our regular EP1167 and then our EP1167HD. There are serious differences between the 2 and we are working to fine tune the guidelines for the 2. The EP1167 is OK up to 450hp at the grounds for normal, to aggressive street. But those with more rear hp, or those that are drag racing aggressively, the EP1167HD is required. There are physical difference betweeen the 2. The EP1167 has engineered holes to allow some flexibility and is better for noise abatement. The EP1167HD is a seriously hard dura poly and is solid. We are in a continous engineering upgrade mode and we are upping the class of poly for our EP1167 to raise the hp rear rating.

We have had no noise complaints with our EP1167, and about a 10% noise increase with our EP1167HD version. So when thinking of doing the diff, and need some assistance in determining which one you should have, contact me.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote