Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Canada

Since 9/11, I haven't been in Canada. I used to go quite often, but they changed the rules and required a passport.

I have never gotten a passport, and had lost my birth certificate around that time, so I never got one. I did get a birth certificate for when I worked at Boeing, but never got around to getting the passport or enhanced drivers license...till about a month ago.

I ended up driving from Seattle up north to Mount Vernon, then east across SR20 (Yeah, I love that road) and up to Omak. Then across the border, back to Vancouver, and south to Seattle.

Long drive, but BEAUTIFUL. I'd never driven over the Cascade range in Canada before, but it was a very fun drive. In fact, Route 3 between Osoyoos and Hope is a nice curvy road that was fun to drive, though a lot of potholes on the tighter turns.

Funnest moment of the drive was when I was leaving the town of Princeton. There was NO traffic, and the speed limit was 40kph. Two kids were on bicycles, and as I drove by they shouted for me to burn off. I stopped, turned off TC, and layed a patch. As I drove off afterwards, they were jumping in the air cheering.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
sleddog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
Sounds like it was a great trip, got to love that area. Sounds like you are still a kid at heart LOL
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Since 9/11, I haven't been in Canada. I used to go quite often, but they changed the rules and required a passport.

I have never gotten a passport, and had lost my birth certificate around that time, so I never got one. I did get a birth certificate for when I worked at Boeing, but never got around to getting the passport or enhanced drivers license...till about a month ago.

I ended up driving from Seattle up north to Mount Vernon, then east across SR20 (Yeah, I love that road) and up to Omak. Then across the border, back to Vancouver, and south to Seattle.

Long drive, but BEAUTIFUL. I'd never driven over the Cascade range in Canada before, but it was a very fun drive. In fact, Route 3 between Osoyoos and Hope is a nice curvy road that was fun to drive, though a lot of potholes on the tighter turns.

Funnest moment of the drive was when I was leaving the town of Princeton. There was NO traffic, and the speed limit was 40kph. Two kids were on bicycles, and as I drove by they shouted for me to burn off. I stopped, turned off TC, and layed a patch. As I drove off afterwards, they were jumping in the air cheering.
That was great!