Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
nosrettap58
nosrettap58

Drives: 2012 cadillac srx
Vegas trip

We took a trip to vegas last week, and had to drive to carlin nv, then to reno, then back to vegas. I had tried to rent a camaro through avis, but they said they didn't rent them there so i was resigned to maybe getting a charger or something. I decided to wait until we got there, go to the rental place(they are all in one building) and see what was available. When we got in the shuttle bus the driver asked which company i planned to use and i said i wasn't sure, but that i was pissed because you couldn't get a camaro in vegas. He said he sees them coming in and out of there all the time. When we arrived i went right up to the avis counter and asked if they had a camaro. She said let me check....oh we rented our last one. Wait let me run out and see. Five minutes later she comes back dangling the keys to our camaro. I have to say, and for all you people that live in nevada, driver beware!!!!! 90% of the roads we drove were 2 lane but very nice roads, other than the rumble strip down the center line which interrupted my wifes nap every time i passed someone, which was alot. There were several places where the speed limit was reduced and there was always a cop perched there waiting to bust someone. On one stretch, i had a white dodge pickup tailgate me for 5 miles (nye county sheriff dept.) apparently running our plate, then with no blinker darts around me and proceeds about 90 mph down the road. My impression of the camaro is totally positive. At one point we averaged 27 mpg. We got the automatic, and i have driven a 6-speed, but for my taste the auto is what i will order. You know for a fact though that people who rent these cars and have to return them with a full tank of gas, aren't buying premium. When we returned to vegas after bowling nationals in reno, we were in a parking lot and another camaro just like ours pulled up alongside. It was a group from paris, that had rented their's, albeit a v-6, in san francisco, and he wanted to check out our SS. Anyway, sorry so long but a very enjoyable experience. Oh i also passed a highway patrol going the opposite direction. Speed limit was 70, and i had the cruise set to 73. When he went by i looked in my rearview, and he turned his overhead lights on then off, never slowing down. Hmmmmm
Attached Images

nosrettap58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
sweet story, thanks for sharing...
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very nice.i used to bowl in the nationals.very enjoyable.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote