Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
PFADT Sways

Thinking about this package for my SS.

PFADT Sways
PFADT Rear Trailing Arms
Hotchkis Chassis Brace

Do I need the PFADT End Links to go with the sway bars? What would be the advantage or dissadvantage?

I plan on getting the PFADT Coilovers in the near future also.

Not real suspension savy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the car is a 3rd vehicle and is mostly used for fun drives, occasional trips to the strip and a possible few road course days here and there.

Thanks
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
save your money on the chassis brace... it has been proven that subframe connectors are not needed for our cars, the weak link is OE subframe bushings.

the end links are mainly for cars that will see the track. my car won't see the track so i ordered the package without endlinks. if i ever decide to get them, i know where to find a great deal on them

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Fishdaddy,

You will never be at a disadvantage by upgrading a part (your endlink questions), and thank you for posting your intentions for the vehicle.

Honestly, our opinion in the beginning was that the endlinks were really only a necessary upgrade for people who were doing a bit of racing. But we have heard of a bunch of people bending the OEMs with upgraded sways. A little more than we expected. Now, we make upgraded endlinks that are lighter and stronger than OEM for a reason! But we arnt here to sell you anything you don't need. I would definitely recommend adding the endlinks to your package, if you plan on a bit of racing.

But if this is mainly just a fun street car, you could forgo them for now and just upgrade if a problem develops! Its a 30 minute install by the time you jack the car up! Super easy.

It looks like a nice package you are looking at! Please let me know if you have any questions on our products!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Thanks for the input guys. I 'm thinking I might just get the endlinks anyway. They aren't that expensive and it sounds like they are easy to install. They look adjustable though. What is that about? can I still install them myself?

Thanks
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
i ordered some pfadt endlinks to pair up w/ my pro kit plus & BMR strut bar....can't wait to see how this setup runs....
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote