Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wash/Wash/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts

Wash/Wash/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts Wash/Wash/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts

Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Cort Austen

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1SS
WTB: oem cover (gray or red)

I am looking to buy an OEM cover. It can be slightly used, but I would prefer new, either color. Thanks!
Cort Austen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
ever thought about an aftermarket one?? i bought one from HUGGER COVERS. it is awsome and was cheaper than the OEM one. it is also made from nicer material. just a thought.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort Austen View Post
I am looking to buy an OEM cover. It can be slightly used, but I would prefer new, either color. Thanks!
Just my opinion.I purchased a red factory and have used it this winter to cover my car stored inside my garage this winter.From October until May Ist. this Saturday.The cover is nice but I feel that if you put it on and remove frequently it will scratch your car.It is a quite rigid material and I chose to leave it off my car the past month as I was constantly taking if off and putting it on as I was working and installing thing on my car.If I had it to do over again I would purchase a soft cloth cover like I use to have on my 56 Chevy.Indoor cover but was soft inside and out and caused no scratching whatsoever.Don't get me wrong .The factory cover is nice to look at but I worry about the long term damage to my paint?Seeing how my car is garage stored,I will not be using the cover as frequently as I had intended to.Just something to think about!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Cort Austen

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1SS
Good to know, thanks for the help. The only thing is that I have my car at college with me stored outside but I don't drive it very often (sometimes sits outside for two weeks at a time). So I thought an outdoor cover would come in handy.

Anyone know of any outdoor covers that stay on well in windy conditions?
Cort Austen is offline   Reply With Quote