Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Guys, here is some more info from Ken. He is working on getting some more stats for us. I'd say not to shabby for less than a years work after taking the measurements off my Camaro.

Thanks for the sacrifice... Your car is gonna need one of these too with that supercharger...just a matter of when.

P.S. It was great hangin' out with you at C5Fest. You are quite the character...especially Sat nite.
__________________
speedster is offline  
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
xlr8nova
 
Drives: nova
Join Date: May 2009
Location: whitehall
Posts: 15
Skip doesn't have a Camaro5 account. Skip is the one holding the casting in front of my 4th gen. I've been talking to Chris and he is going to be stop #2 with the housing so he can get the stubs made for his outlaw axles. Then you can buy them directly from him. As for the yoke, we were planning on a billet 1350 yoke then the customer would have to have a replacement driveshaft made (midshift back) with the coresponding 1350.

How much HP is that monster layin down anyway? Bad thing about the pro-gears is they're not street freindly. They're too soft. I've been hearing that a 40 spline Wavelok carrier is in the works. And good god if you could break that your next step is swaping in a Rockwell.



Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ken - if you can get the GForce outlaw axles to work with this, I'm in. Chris made those with HUGE knuckles and large 300-M axles (presently 35 spline). The SST Camaro can push the numbers your are talking about hence my excitement over the thought of a great solution. Does the front of this unit need a special pinion yoke?? Up to this point, this has been the biggest pain in the rear(end)...lol



PM with pricing please - does Skip have an account on Camaro5?
xlr8nova is offline  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,212
nice
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,084
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I don't expect to ever make the power numbers that require one of those monsters...but WOW.

Really Impressive!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline  
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #19
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,006
Can you build one for speedster using this pumpkin?



__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is online now  
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #20
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,364
Im making the call in the morning. This is exactly what I have been waiting for. I was actually considering doing the solid axle conversion but this requires fabbing the entire rear end. Count me in for a pre order.
jrpxxii is offline  
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8nova View Post
Skip doesn't have a Camaro5 account. Skip is the one holding the casting in front of my 4th gen. I've been talking to Chris and he is going to be stop #2 with the housing so he can get the stubs made for his outlaw axles. Then you can buy them directly from him. As for the yoke, we were planning on a billet 1350 yoke then the customer would have to have a replacement driveshaft made (midshift back) with the coresponding 1350.

How much HP is that monster layin down anyway? Bad thing about the pro-gears is they're not street freindly. They're too soft. I've been hearing that a 40 spline Wavelok carrier is in the works. And good god if you could break that your next step is swaping in a Rockwell.
I'll PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Can you build one for speedster using this pumpkin?



Very funny 69... oh wait, I really like the tread pattern on those tires...nice contact patch...on DIRT !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Im making the call in the morning. This is exactly what I have been waiting for. I was actually considering doing the solid axle conversion but this requires fabbing the entire rear end. Count me in for a pre order.
Sounds familiar. The IRS rearend has been a pain since day 1. Thanks for getting it made. Beefy...
__________________
speedster is offline  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #22
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Thanks for the sacrifice... Your car is gonna need one of these too with that supercharger...just a matter of when.

P.S. It was great hangin' out with you at C5Fest. You are quite the character...especially Sat nite.
It was great meeting you as well, and next time I'll try not to slur so much... I’m blaming that on all the beer I had to drink to get rid of that dam “Rotgut Whisky” taste from that fifth they were passing around…
__________________

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
It was great meeting you as well, and next time I'll try not to slur so much... I’m blaming that on all the beer I had to drink to get rid of that dam “Rotgut Whisky” taste from that fifth they were passing around…
You can blame Zebra for that. I kept calling it the 'bottomless bottle of George Dickel' because it took so many C5er's with it.

Hey, and don't worry, it was a good slur...
__________________
speedster is offline  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #24
orange10s.c.

 
orange10s.c.'s Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: panama city fl
Posts: 4,884
Now that's a sweet looking piece for sure.
orange10s.c. is offline  
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #25
xlr8nova
 
Drives: nova
Join Date: May 2009
Location: whitehall
Posts: 15
Thanks for the support guys. Very nice to see that everybody is so pumped about this! We are going to try as hard as possible to get these underway to keep up with the demand!
xlr8nova is offline  
Old 04-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #26
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Do you have the anticipated availability date ?

Will it be available bare, partial or a complete rearend solution ?
Once again, Chris at Gforce has made some incredible outlaw axles that I hope work with this.
__________________
speedster is offline  
Old 04-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #27
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

Very funny 69... oh wait, I really like the tread pattern on those tires...nice contact patch...on DIRT !!
That's what happens when I don't think things through... Does anyone make 895/50R 30 Drag Radials?

... Hey, just like Tag, GTA and PQ, when your build goes public, it's fair game for comments from the cheap seats
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is online now  
Old 05-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #28
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Do you have the anticipated availability date ?

Will it be available bare, partial or a complete rearend solution ?
Once again, Chris at Gforce has made some incredible outlaw axles that I hope work with this.
I've been talking to Skip most of the day and going over what we need to provide to make this a package deal.
I think eveyone will really like what he has come up with. It's a true bolt in solution for the big power guys.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.