Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
SharpSS

Drives: Decked Out Inferno Orange 2SS
Short Video of Doug Thorley Shorty Headers

I intalled the Doug Thorley shorties over the weekend and took a before and after video. Sorry that it is just revving the engine but I didn't have anyone to video driving. The first video is before. The engine was cold. Had not been started all week. The second was taken the following day. Cats and mufflers are stock.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
How's the power according to the butt dyno?
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
SharpSS

Drives: Decked Out Inferno Orange 2SS
Didn't have a chance to try it our as the roads where wet. It did seam to have a little quicker throttle response. Hopefully some time this week I can get it out on a dry road and try it out.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
WOoooah!!! Much better!!!!

I like it.

How's she runnin for you now?

Hope that rain has cleared out for you so you can get out enjoy that new power.

Thanks again!
-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Like it!!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
Thanks for this!!! There IS a difference in sound just from the shorties. I am going to put shorties on my SS along with a cat back. Hi flow cats maybe later. I have been somewhat discouraged by the "LT mafia" who continuously says shorties are worthless. I am doing it for legality where I live plus sound, looks, and hopefully some hp too.
Under Study: rear cradle bushings, F&R sway bars, lowering springs
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #7
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgolf View Post
Thanks for this!!! There IS a difference in sound just from the shorties. I am going to put shorties on my SS along with a cat back. Hi flow cats maybe later. I have been somewhat discouraged by the "LT mafia" who continuously says shorties are worthless. I am doing it for legality where I live plus sound, looks, and hopefully some hp too.
Dont let those guys bug ya......you do what you want,.....i have K@N cai....with the jba shorties......ya im bad. I only took the advice of padre..he track tested every mod he did. Longtubes offer a little more performance but like you i have to stay emissions legal.

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.... Hurst shifter.....SPI dyno tuned.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Dont let those guys bug ya......you do what you want,.....i have K@N cai....with the jba shorties......ya im bad. I only took the advice of padre..he track tested every mod he did. Longtubes offer a little more performance but like you i have to stay emissions legal.
Do you also have a cat back system and which one? High flow cats or no? I am considering the JBA shorties with an MBRP, maybe later Solo high flows but I am concerned with the exhaust volume if I do all this.
Under Study: rear cradle bushings, F&R sway bars, lowering springs
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Quote:
Do you also have a cat back system and which one? High flow cats or no? I am considering the JBA shorties with an MBRP, maybe later Solo high flows but I am concerned with the exhaust volume if I do all this.
The solo high flow cats will make the biggest difference in exhaust sound.....in a good way. After the cats the jba shorties also add to the sound. Not as much as the cats but still I nice tone. I'm at my daughter's hockey right now. But when I get home I'll post a vid of my car with the solo hi flows ....jba shorties and magnaflow muffler delete. At the time of the vid I still had the stock L99 resonator in place.

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.... Hurst shifter.....SPI dyno tuned.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3
At least let it get under 1K before u rev it
Old 12-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3
Quote:
Lol you live in Missouri. You can literally run open header exhaust no cats straight to the back and u won't have a problem
Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #12
Mikamaro
Mike

Drives: a 2010 SS GMPPZL1LE/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The solo high flow cats will make the biggest difference in exhaust sound.....in a good way. After the cats the jba shorties also add to the sound. Not as much as the cats but still I nice tone. I'm at my daughter's hockey right now. But when I get home I'll post a vid of my car with the solo hi flows ....jba shorties and magnaflow muffler delete. At the time of the vid I still had the stock L99 resonator in place.
Can we hear it?

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #13
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Can we hear it?
Hi mike i have a couple short vids on the "whats loud to you " thread..they are not great but give you a bit of an idea.