Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
2010 Hennessey Twin Turbo HPE 800 Camaro, 1000HP dyno video



Ok, 997HP and 943 lb-ft of TQ at the crank depending on what you use for driveline loss but who's quibbling!

847hp / 801 lb-ft TQ at the rear wheels on 16psi of boost!

Built block 415 CID stroker LS3 with twin 62mm turbos...

Hennessey loaded a nice rich tune (IE:SAFE) and turned the boost up from 11 to 16 and on the first pull this is what they got. Since they're only on the hook to provide 800HP at the crank we normally run it at 11psi with a conservative tune and it makes 870HP at the crank which is actually drivable on the street believe it or not. Heh!

Gotta love 'trunk monkeys' BTW... LOL! They needed the extra weight to keep it from hazing the tires on the roller. No matter how much you winch it down that much torque/HP will spin even max performance 'summer' tires unless you add a bunch of weight.
Attached Images
 
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
Andro
NOICE!!! ™
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Drives: Force Fed 427
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GOT BOOST?
Posts: 5,216
Nice! If you don't mind me asking how much did the build cost?
__________________
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
SWEET!
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Nice! If you don't mind me asking how much did the build cost?

That would take some digging to figure out since we started out building a supercharged car then 'upgraded' to twins AND I've done waaaay more than just their standard set up. I'd hit up James from Hennessey if you're interested and he can answer all your pricing questions.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Sales@Hennessey

 
Sales@Hennessey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 622
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
That would take some digging to figure out since we started out building a supercharged car then 'upgraded' to twins AND I've done waaaay more than just their standard set up. I'd hit up James from Hennessey if you're interested and he can answer all your pricing questions.
Thanks for the reference Larry. All those interested in obtaining more information on our HPE800 package, please send me an email at james@hennesseyperformance.com. We are able to build this package in both Automatic and Manual versions!

Speak to you soon,
James
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
LC
ou mai gad
 
LC's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS x2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MX
Posts: 640
I think you should post a base price to eliminate 80% of the email that you are going to get
__________________
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Great numbers. I love your build. Our Camaros are pretty similar and since yours is already done it's pretty exciting to see. Nice job !!
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,244
I want to see engine pictures
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
The 'look good' stuff is happening later this week and I'm picking it up from the interior shop today. With the turbo's bottom mounted the engine bay isn't as exciting as you might think but I'm dressing it up some. When the mag coverage happens there will be shots up on a lift that show all of the suspension stuff AND the bottom mounted turbo's too so its coming, I promise!
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
NICE WORK...

I also like the stripes the body color and bare carbon elsewhere.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
ron10


 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LOUISVILLE,KY..
Posts: 7,343
fantastic.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
The 'look good' stuff is happening later this week and I'm picking it up from the interior shop today. With the turbo's bottom mounted the engine bay isn't as exciting as you might think but I'm dressing it up some. When the mag coverage happens there will be shots up on a lift that show all of the suspension stuff AND the bottom mounted turbo's too so its coming, I promise!
Can't wait, awesome project man!
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,310
Jesus.... why can't you guys just post a ball park figure? I mean come on.... I'm not asking for top secret military information here. I'm simply asking for a ball park figure?

$60K, $70K or $80K?
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech
 
Russo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raceland, LA
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
Jesus.... why can't you guys just post a ball park figure? I mean come on.... I'm not asking for top secret military information here. I'm simply asking for a ball park figure?

$60K, $70K or $80K?
i don't think it cost that much.. lol
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
i don't think it cost that much.. lol
I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

after all, look at an SLP ZL575. they sticker for something like $68K (which is absolutely insane). I can't imagine what the HPE800 stickers for.
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
Guessing around 35k upgrade
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
LC
ou mai gad
 
LC's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS x2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MX
Posts: 640
35k for a built engine and twin turbos isn't that of a crazy tag you know....


12k for a built engine
7 to 10k for ALL turbo parts, YES turbos are that expensive,

and after that
you have to add all the little parts like:

complete new fuel system,
lots of dyno hours,
lots of labor,
PROFIT
etc...

35k? sounds about right to me...
__________________
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
35k for a built engine and twin turbos isn't that of a crazy tag you know....


12k for a built engine
7 to 10k for ALL turbo parts, YES turbos are that expensive,

and after that
you have to add all the little parts like:

complete new fuel system,
lots of dyno hours,
lots of labor,
PROFIT
etc...

35k? sounds about right to me...
Don't hold me to this but I THINK MSRP for the basic HPE 800 package runs around $45k on top of the car itself. I brought the car to them and we started out building a 650 plus a bunch of stuff and ended up doing the 800 plus a bunch of stuff which is why I can't really say for sure how much the base package is. Heh! I do know they've done a LOT of labor on my car since most of the development was done on mine. AND all the other stuff I added took some work too.
The fuel system and oil cooling upgrades they put on as part of the kit are pretty expensive pieces too!
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
Z_Rocks

 
Drives: a Jet :-)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Don't hold me to this but I THINK MSRP for the basic HPE 800 package runs around $45k on top of the car itself. I brought the car to them and we started out building a 650 plus a bunch of stuff and ended up doing the 800 plus a bunch of stuff which is why I can't really say for sure how much the base package is. Heh! I do know they've done a LOT of labor on my car since most of the development was done on mine. AND all the other stuff I added took some work too.
The fuel system and oil cooling upgrades they put on as part of the kit are pretty expensive pieces too!
Man congrats with your beast, but PLEASE be careful with all that power. Just over the weekend the two owners of House of Boost were in an accident were one is killed on scene and the other one with major injury in coma.

Turbos are very dangerous sometime, I've had them and still do and can fool you with the lag and then the boost can come on when the car is turning or is not positioned for a sudden massive power coming down. Please respect the power and refrain from responding to people who push you to show off.

From a [car] brother to another!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX
 
Rookie13's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE Kansas
Posts: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Does anyone else see the rear wheels flex right after it hits maximum velocity, and begins to decelerate? Those are HRE wheels right?

This is an insane clip!!! Well done.

__________________
_________________________


Camaro5 Fest 2010 Panogram Photo of the Host Hotel
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #21
Z_Rocks

 
Drives: a Jet :-)
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
Does anyone else see the rear wheels flex right after it hits maximum velocity, and begins to decelerate? That is an insane clip!!! Well done.
Actually, more interestingly, is when he let's go of the gas at end and you can see the rear wheel changes shape for a split second. That's from the excessive speed and the weight on the car. You can actually see the wheel itself changes shape...

click on .44 seconds and let it run for one second and repeat, and you can see the flex. Wow!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #22
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
Does anyone else see the rear wheels flex right after it hits maximum velocity, and begins to decelerate? Those are HRE wheels right?

This is an insane clip!!! Well done.

I actually think what we're seeing is the TIRE changing shape like you see on high power drag cars more than anything else. The tire gets taller which pulls the sidewall away from the wheel which kinda makes it look like the wheel is changing shape too. I suppose the wheel MIGHT be changing shape a little but I actually think its an optical illusion caused by the tire which is most definitely distending from the centrifugal force.

YES, they're one piece forged HRE P43 Monoblok's.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #23
dracer98
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ventura
Posts: 120
Is this car auto trans or stick? it sounds like they are locking he converter on and off in every gear. I would also love to see the under shot of this car - Hennessey love to show his stuff off but here he shows no turbo pics
dracer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #24
ITMerc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracer98 View Post
Is this car auto trans or stick? it sounds like they are locking he converter on and off in every gear. I would also love to see the under shot of this car - Hennessey love to show his stuff off but here he shows no turbo pics
Its a manual. There should be mag articles coming soon and those will have full undercarriage pics up on a lift along with tech details from Hennessey. I'll also get lots of my own shots of it up on a lift too and once the mags have their swing I'll post more shots here.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #25
wylde1
I am the Stig
 
wylde1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CAN
Posts: 1,312
I NEED this in my life......

time to try that "fake my own death" plan I've been working on...
__________________
2010 Camaro - 1SS, Black w/ Orange stripes
wylde1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Latest Camaro Products - March 2010 Sean@Phastek V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 26 08-04-2010 04:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.