Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
DrewsZ
 
Drives: 1988 Iroc Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12
Pricing info tonight 10/13 12:00am

EDIT: SEE HERE FOR OFFICIAL PRICING INFO: --> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8059


I heard from a very good friend that the pricing will be available at midnight tonight. He is a very good source because he has something to do with the releasing of this type of info. My friend did say that a base camaro will start at $23k and a SS will start at $30k - he's not really a "car guy" so I didn't go into the options and packages, that was all he told me, but he did say he had the memo on his desk for release.
DrewsZ is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic
 
GoldFire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 435
If he isn't a car guy then why would he know something so secretive like this?
__________________
2LT/RS [Victory Red] | GoldFire Studios
GoldFire is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i will kiss you on the mouth if this is true Drew, i guess we find out tonight thought.....
__________________
headpunter is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic
 
GoldFire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 435
Where is this information supposedly being released to?
__________________
2LT/RS [Victory Red] | GoldFire Studios
GoldFire is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
DrewsZ
 
Drives: 1988 Iroc Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12
You don't have to be a car guy to work for GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
If he isn't a car guy then why would he know something so secretive like this?
DrewsZ is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Yeahyouknwit
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rehoboth Delaware
Posts: 163
30 base ss?
Yeahyouknwit is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Yeahyouknwit
 
Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rehoboth Delaware
Posts: 163
i cant wait till tongiht where can we find the info?
Yeahyouknwit is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
SimC33
 
Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsZ View Post
You don't have to be a car guy to work for GM
I can agree 100% with that....I took my 4th gen SS to the chevy dealership to get something fixed and the lady who was standing next to me taking my info down and what not that worked there, looked at me and asked, what kind of car I had, and THEN honestly sat there and asked me who made it...

But back on topic...I will sh*t my pants if this rumor turns out to be true
SimC33 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
fierodeletre
 
Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Utard
Posts: 296
I was hoping the prices would be lower, honestly.
fierodeletre is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #10
RallyFever
Senior Member
 
RallyFever's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 749
I contacted around 20 dealerships in my area befor ordering my SS yesterday and several dealers were under the impression that pricing would come out Monday. That would be great, but don't get your hopes up.

The autobook workbench accepted my order yesterday so I'm not sure why the 10/13 date? I received my six digit confirmation and a four page printout of all my options.

Dealer was great, MSRP or less, Country chevrolet, Warrenton, VA.
RallyFever is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
DrewsZ
 
Drives: 1988 Iroc Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12
Well, knowing what my friend does - it will be open to the general public. I really dont want to devuldge what he does just incase any people of importance read this forum, would hate for him to get into trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
Where is this information supposedly being released to?
DrewsZ is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,397
Im not counting my chickens or holding my breath.........
ShnOmac is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #13
DrewsZ
 
Drives: 1988 Iroc Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12
I have received a few PM's asking me to post the prices when its released. I wont have to, you will see them when I do. I wish he would have given me more info but it was a pretty short conversastion over a couple beers last night, again he is not a car guy so I guess its not a huge deal to him.
DrewsZ is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #14
SimC33
 
Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
I contacted around 20 dealerships in my area befor ordering my SS yesterday and several dealers were under the impression that pricing would come out Monday. That would be great, but don't get your hopes up.

The autobook workbench accepted my order yesterday so I'm not sure why the 10/13 date? I received my six digit confirmation and a four page printout of all my options.

Dealer was great, MSRP or less, Country chevrolet, Warrenton, VA.

Could you explain to me what the autobook workbench is? And what the six digit confirmation is as well? My salesman only told me Id get a reciept for my deposit!?
SimC33 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
I can agree 100% with that....I took my 4th gen SS to the chevy dealership to get something fixed and the lady who was standing next to me taking my info down and what not that worked there, looked at me and asked, what kind of car I had, and THEN honestly sat there and asked me who made it...

But back on topic...I will sh*t my pants if this rumor turns out to be true
People who work at the dealership don't work for GM. They work for the dealership, which is a separate business entity. But yes, just because you work for a business doesn't mean you're into the business' products and services, sadly. I couldn't imagine working for a company if I didn't absolutely love the industry and product.
__________________
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #16
RallyFever
Senior Member
 
RallyFever's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Could you explain to me what the autobook workbench is? And what the six digit confirmation is as well? My salesman only told me Id get a reciept for my deposit!?
It is the online system that the dealers us to place orders with GM. The six digit number is your confirmation number so you and the dealer can track the progress of your order to completion.

They should be able to print all of those documents once you order.

Also, make them show you their "true" production guide number via chevylaunch.com.

Many delaers are lying about their allocations just to get additional orders in the system.
RallyFever is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #17
nester7929
Rice Harvester
 
nester7929's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 1,380
Too expensive. Needs to be closer to the Mustang.
nester7929 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
SimC33
 
Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
It is the online system that the dealers us to place orders with GM. The six digit number is your confirmation number so you and the dealer can track the progress of your order to completion.

They should be able to print all of those documents once you order.

Also, make them show you their "true" production guide number via chevylaunch.com.

Many delaers are lying about their allocations just to get additional orders in the system.
Well see my problem is that the dealership I am going to is 350 miles away from me in Dallas...how can I get this documentation to me?
SimC33 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #19
RallyFever
Senior Member
 
RallyFever's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Well see my problem is that the dealership I am going to is 350 miles away from me in Dallas...how can I get this documentation to me?
Have them scan it and email it to you as an attachment.
Have you already ordered and placed your deposit?
RallyFever is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
SimC33
 
Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
Have them scan it and email it to you as an attachment.
Have you already ordered and placed your deposit?
No only step I have taken is emailed AND called my salesman telling him what I wanted...at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow I am giving him deposit and address etc..
SimC33 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
I'm sorry but I call bs on this. GM is so tight lipped about anything involving the Camaro that the only people that know the details about stuff that hasn't been released to the public are those who worked on the car (I think we've meet all them) and the big dogs themselves and I'm pretty sure your "friend" isn't any of these people. GM was really secretive about the options until just a short while ago, do you really think an announcement as big as pricing would be memoed out to the lowly employee's on a weekend so they can have it leaked out on the internet? No don't think so, they will want to do it themselves.
Mr_Draco is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #22
RallyFever
Senior Member
 
RallyFever's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 749
I'm with Draco but I'm still optimistic.
Several dealers thought they'd get pricing Monday while the rest believe what I do : Dec/Jan before pricing release.
RallyFever is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #23
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic
 
GoldFire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I'm sorry but I call bs on this. GM is so tight lipped about anything involving the Camaro that the only people that know the details about stuff that hasn't been released to the public are those who worked on the car (I think we've meet all them) and the big dogs themselves and I'm pretty sure your "friend" isn't any of these people. GM was really secretive about the options until just a short while ago, do you really think an announcement as big as pricing would be memoed out to the lowly employee's on a weekend so they can have it leaked out on the internet? No don't think so, they will want to do it themselves.
Those are my thoughts exactly, there is still a part of me that hopes though since I really want to know before I go in and order in the morning, but I am trying to keep from getting my hopes up too high.
__________________
2LT/RS [Victory Red] | GoldFire Studios
GoldFire is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #24
blackZbandit
 
blackZbandit's Avatar
 
Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Too expensive. Needs to be closer to the Mustang.
Are you crazy?

Given the several advantages this car has over the Mustang and the almost inevitable price increase that car willl get for the 2010 MY if these prices are real they are perfect and fair (and exactly what I was expecting). Now if for some reason your mind was on the Challenger instead of the Camaro... I understand.
__________________
BLACK CAR + FLAT BLACK STRIPES + BLACK WHEELS = BLK PW3R!!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #25
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows
 
nUcLeArEnVoY's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 3,291
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
A 30K SS is what more of the sensible folks on this forum originally projected, so it's not that much of a shocker if this is true. I'd like to see it priced more competitively with the Mustang, but what can ya' do? What most of us probably want to know is how much of a premium the 2SS or RS package adds to it. I really hope this is true and that we find out tomorrow.
__________________
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pricing info tonight 10/13 12:00am DrewsZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 201 10-12-2008 10:32 PM
Gm Releases 2008 Malibu pricing info! bumblebee101 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 22 01-16-2008 12:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.