Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
HELP PLEASE.

Hey guys, I installed some Hendrix 1000 Hp axles, SJM line lock, changed the diff fluid to royal purple, and put on american racing wheels wraped in Nitto 555r drag radials today.
I bled the brakes at the calipers and seem to have good brake pressure. My problem Is I have the "Service Stability Track" message and all my traction control lights are on. Any Suggestions
Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Check if you disconnected a vehicle speed sensor or if the trigger gear is on the axles ( as on some cars ) that it's clean and undamaged .
If your rear tire size is different from the front this will also cause the same warnings to come up . With four wheel ABS all 4 tires must be the same diameter on the Camaro .
Old 04-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Let's see some pics of your American Racing wheels.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton Industries View Post
Hey guys, I installed some Hendrix 1000 Hp axles, SJM line lock, changed the diff fluid to royal purple, and put on american racing wheels wraped in Nitto 555r drag radials today.
I bled the brakes at the calipers and seem to have good brake pressure. My problem Is I have the "Service Stability Track" message and all my traction control lights are on. Any Suggestions
This happend when I dyno'ed my car. It's because the fronts aren't moving and the rears are REALLY moving. It assumes there is a problem. After a few start ups and miles it will go away. It just needs time to see all is ok.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
did you bleed the anti-lock valve??? if not this could be your major malfunction
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Barton Industries

Thanks for the help guys. The lights came on right at start up I never even moved the car.

I did not bleed the anit-lock valve. I will take a look at that in the am. THANKS

I will get some pics up too.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
Thanks for the help guys. The lights came on right at start up I never even moved the car.

I did not bleed the anit-lock valve. I will take a look at that in the am. THANKS

I will get some pics up too.
Dave...one quick question. Have you taken your car in for the original software upgrade? When I got my headers installed, I started to get the same code. When I brought the car in, they told me it was because of a software upgrade recall, and that the slightest change in the car in regard to performance mods could trigger the code. Since the reflash, I've had no further problems.
Swifty

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 AM   #8
mikey8

Drives: 2SS/RS Transformer LS3
Drive it, and it will probably go away. I had the same problem after dyno too.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
And please post how that setup works out for you.

I'm thinking about putting on the line lock and a set of drag radials as well.

I would also be intrested in see where you installed your line lock swithes that turn on the main system and that activate the lock.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
Barton Industries

Started the car this morning and all is fine. The problem is the way the computer handles the linelock. I drove to my shop today and no lights came on. I activated the linelock and all the lights popped back on. So there is not really a problem it is just the computer not liking the fact the front brakes are on and the back are not.

Can someone confirm with a linelock you get the "service stability trac" every time you use it?

I will get some pics up later. I mounted all the switches right on the center console in front of the shifter. The install was VERY easy, took less then an hour. I went with the SJM brand and not the Hurst.

Thanks for all the replys guys.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
cybercoaster

Drives: '12 ZL1 AGM
Still get the code with TC off? http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53548
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
Barton Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post

I should have been able to think about that.. I still havent tried smoking the tires I just activated the switch to make sure it worked and thats when the lights came on. I guess commonsense should come into play there a little bit THANKS
Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #13
SJM

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Started the car this morning and all is fine. The problem is the way the computer handles the linelock. I drove to my shop today and no lights came on. I activated the linelock and all the lights popped back on. So there is not really a problem it is just the computer not liking the fact the front brakes are on and the back are not.

Can someone confirm with a linelock you get the "service stability trac" every time you use it?

I will get some pics up later. I mounted all the switches right on the center console in front of the shifter. The install was VERY easy, took less then an hour. I went with the SJM brand and not the Hurst.

Thanks for all the replys guys.
Dave,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to hear the install went well for you. We ship it assembled, so it is rather plug and play. The lamp that you're referring to is common as your ABS system goes through a system check and views the situation as an error with the controller due to the pressure difference. The visual notification should extinguish after it retests a normal cycle.

This is common with just many linelock setups which use ABS. For example, LT1 cars brake lamp turns on sometimes...then it resets the next time you depress the brake pedal.

Also, to clarify, both systems are designed by us, one uses a Hurst style solenoid, that is the difference.

If you have images you can post of the the two switches and the remote mount LED, I would be interested to see them too.

Let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for choosing our products,

Steve
Engineer
SJM Manufacturing Inc.
SJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
Barton Industries

Thanks Steve. I love it. GREAT SYSTEM.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
I used a different style push button switch than what came with the kit. I have a switch that i push once and it activates i do my burnout and then push the button again.
I also hooked up the LED light to illuminate when my button is pushed instead of when the system is armed. Its different but i think i like this set up better for my tastes. i dont have to hold the button down or while burning out flip a switch. just tap a button again to roll out of the burnout.

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
Ran 12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. - Nitto nt05 street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote