Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Question about "how to" order...

Hey guys, as I said in some other posts I'm hoping to get a Camaro as my first new car, as well as the first car I've boughten from a dealership.

I just have a few questions when it comes to ordering one; I would greatly appreciate any answers you guys may have.

-When ordering one, do you just put down a deposit and they order the car for you, or do they finance you for it when you go to order it?
-For someone whose yet to order one, if I did, how long do you think it would take for the dealership to recieve the car?

I know they may vary by dealer, but any experiences you guys have had would be cool to hear.
tommygun6644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
financing should be done when the car arrives only. The result won't be honored that far out so they'd have to do it again anyways.

It depends on the dealer's production guide. If you're the first above their production guide or even inside of it then you could see it this summer/fall. If not, more likely sometime in October-November time frame. But it depends heavily on how production goes and where you're at in your dealer's list/guide number.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
First find a dealer that still has an allocation available, talk to them about what you want. A deposit is not required, that is up to the dealer, I paid no deposit.

Financing is up to you. If you have good credit now, go ahead an pre-qualify for your loan. If you order now, you may not get your car till late this year. If you need to work on your credit, that will give you time to build your credit and get financing when you get the car. If you find a good dealer they can answer your questions and tell youhow it all works.